Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 8/28/2019 at 7:38 AM, Magicat said:

I thought they said no video taping during the ice show?😎😀

Just off Symphony, they said no flash photography, and please turn down the brightness of the screen on your phone so it doesn’t bother folks behind you.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2019 at 2:22 AM, Host Clarea said:

This is interesting as we've enjoyed Drew on Mariner, Monarch, and Oasis.  He was very visible on Mariner and Monarch and interacted with us and other passengers.  Oasis class is a different environment for Cruise Directors and I can understand why they might have a different approach on those ships.

I’ve had Drew Devine 3 times and all 3 times he’s been awful. Many people complain about him. He is invisible except to introduce the evening shows. On the morning show, he and his side kick are an embarrassment to Royal. He needs to go.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:22 AM, Host Clarea said:

This is interesting as we've enjoyed Drew on Mariner, Monarch, and Oasis.  He was very visible on Mariner and Monarch and interacted with us and other passengers.  Oasis class is a different environment for Cruise Directors and I can understand why they might have a different approach on those ships.

The year I met you two, I did 14 cruises on the Monarch in one year. 

When we had the Welcome Back Party, I would say nice to see you again, Drew. He was polite and would say hello, but his eyes said I’ve never seen you.

Really????

I didn’t care if he knew my name, but just an eye recognition would have been nice. 

I never saw him just stop and talk to any passengers. 

Glad to know he was personable to you two. 

On 8/12/2019 at 3:03 PM, BillOh said:

I inquired with Marcel the current CD on Mariner about who will be our cruise director for our 9/16.

He said

Gemma Stubs, she is great, she is our Activity manager, will be giving the opportunity..... you will love her

I just got off the Mariner and with out a doubt Marcelo ( he nicknames himself marshmallow)  is the worst cruise director I have ever had in almost 100 cruises. The guy spent every chance he could get reprimanding or putting down his audience. I was with him in the elevator and he did not speak a word. It seems he and his sidekick (asst. cruise director) Gemma spend the vast majority of their time entertaining each other. They must be really digging into the bottom of the barrel for cruise directors these days. 

On 8/25/2019 at 9:04 AM, Chloe76 said:

I've heard that for Jewel of the Seas, the CD is Simona, is that true????. I thought it was Andrea?

Yes that's correct - just off Jewel and Simona is the CD, don't know how long she's been on or when her contract ends though

On 9/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, Scspartan76 said:

Just came of Jewel on Sunday. 

The Cruise Director was the worst one I have ever experienced. Some Italian girl, she could not speak on a microphone.  She was yelling into it. 

And at times she suddenly yelled higher, can you hear me.... over the PA system... 

It was impossible to hear her. 

However, the last two cruises had over 700 Italian on the 25 August cruise and over 100 Italian and over 500 Spanish speakers on the 1 September cruise. And she speaks fluent Italian and Spanish, as well as English. I don't think they have many other CDs who can do that.........just saying.

19 hours ago, cruisingbob said:

Just got off of the Anthem yesterday.

The cruise director is not Mitch.

It is Dan Dan.

He was very good overall and was great with the Love and Marriage show.

We also just got off of Anthem.  Mitch Merrucci will be joining Anthem later in September (not sure of exact date).....so until then Dan Dan Whitney is on board.....besides a VERY good Love and Marriage game Dan does a Name that Tune game, that should NOT be missed....incredibly entertaining.

19 hours ago, cruisingbob said:

Just got off of the Anthem yesterday.

The cruise director is not Mitch.

It is Dan Dan.

He was very good overall and was great with the Love and Marriage show.

I hope Dan Dan is still on when I board 9/21.  He was great in August when I was on.

16 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Dan does a Name that Tune game, that should NOT be missed....incredibly entertaining.

From what I know, Name That Tune is exclusive to Anthem. Just making that clear for anyone that may sail with Dan on another ship where that game show will probably not be held.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

"Finish That Lyric" is similar and done on most of the other ships (usually hosted by the Activities Manager), but I'm yet to see "Name That Tune" used somewhere other than Anthem. The format and set used is quite distinctive, you probably wouldn't be able to have it in the Centrum.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

2 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

"Finish That Lyric" is similar and done on most of the other ships (usually hosted by the Activities Manager), but I'm yet to see "Name That Tune" used somewhere other than Anthem. The format and set used is quite distinctive, you probably wouldn't be able to have it in the Centrum.

I am currently on the Symphony of the Seas and "Name That Tune: The very est of the 80's is listed in todays compass. It is an afternoon event.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:43 PM, rolloman said:

I just got off the Mariner and with out a doubt Marcelo ( he nicknames himself marshmallow)  is the worst cruise director I have ever had in almost 100 cruises. The guy spent every chance he could get reprimanding or putting down his audience. I was with him in the elevator and he did not speak a word. It seems he and his sidekick (asst. cruise director) Gemma spend the vast majority of their time entertaining each other. They must be really digging into the bottom of the barrel for cruise directors these days. 

I agree with you on Marcelo he is the absolute worst and very insulting. Gemma is great though. When you can catch her away from him she is very entertaining and a blast but when she is with him she has to follow his lead. Gemma walks the ship all day and will say hi and stop and talk to anyone. 

On 9/5/2019 at 9:03 PM, DELTABLUE said:

Was just told "Susan Adams will be taking over for John and Katrina, on Grandeur,  while they are on vacation."  Anyone have any skinny on her?  We have not crossed wakes yet.

We like Susan a lot....

She is out among the guest and interacts with all. Her staff loved her!!

Been a few years since we sailed with her on Jewel. She is one of Royal's best.

Nice!  Little things like that mean so much.  I remember when we used to have a fruit bowl in our cabins.  We called it the 'magic' fruit bowl because whatever we ate reappeared the next time we came back to the cabin!:classic_biggrin:  Looking forward to meeting her.