Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 11/12/2019 at 4:04 AM, little britain said:

Mike Witte on Explorer was very poor. Not visible. Changed the timings without notice....about 20 people turned up to Quest.  
However some of the Brits onboard played a joke on him getting him to read out requests from people with dubious names..... got him to sing Happy Birthday to Tess Tickle......!

Agreed. We're on the 5 night from Miami now and shows were so smashed together one night and almost none another. Not the best planning....or personality.

35 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Thank you for this.  Thought for sure we'd have Dennis again!  We liked him back in 2009; 2019 -- a little tired.  We've never Marc as a CD; thoughts?

VERY good CD - had him on Harmony in July. Energetic, brings a good vibe to the ship and very funny at Love and Marriage. 

• Like 1

Just came off Rhapsody...Bill Bronckhurst was very wooden apparently he's at 35 years with RCCL, and it shows. Greeted us every night at the show with the same opening patter. Came to the Diamond Lounge to "mingle", but never circulated beyond 3-4 couples in first row around the dance floor. Basically invisible. Also only scheduled the M&M for 30 minutes, enough time to give away the same lame prizes (and 3 bottles of wine), and then expected to end the event...does he not understand the word "mingle"? Anyway he makes it to.my top 5 "worst" list. Now I know why he has no FB page 👎

57 minutes ago, cardboss said:

Just came off Rhapsody...Bill Bronckhurst was very wooden apparently he's at 35 years with RCCL, and it shows. Greeted us every night at the show with the same opening patter. Came to the Diamond Lounge to "mingle", but never circulated beyond 3-4 couples in first row around the dance floor. Basically invisible. Also only scheduled the M&M for 30 minutes, enough time to give away the same lame prizes (and 3 bottles of wine), and then expected to end the event...does he not understand the word "mingle"? Anyway he makes it to.my top 5 "worst" list. Now I know why he has no FB page 👎

That doesn't sound too good. 😞   Do you have any idea how long he'll be on the ship?  We'll be on over the holidays.

14 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

what was the name, and what happened to the guy who replaced the Blairs on Grandeur over the summer while they were gone? I loved him. RCCI stole him from carnival. 

Cory Rogers - he went to Navigator after finishing his stint on Grandeur and will be on Freedom next.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

That doesn't sound too good. 😞   Do you have any idea how long he'll be on the ship?  We'll be on over the holidays.

There was talk about December 33rd as his anniversary with Royal but not sure about beyond that date.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

It was reported that Susan Adams was due to take over for John Blair on Grandeur as of 11-30-19.  A friend now doing a B2B said that the new CD will be "Kloh from Ireland".  I'm assuming she means Clo O'Connor.  Anyone familiar with her?

Clo did one leg of our Navigator b2b a couple years ago before Cuddy took over.  We found her to be enjoyable and had a good engaging personality.  Wouldn’t mind sailing with her again. 

Heading off to the sea for 12 days on Grandeur.  Before I go, here is the latest list.

ADVENTURE:   Drew Devine #1397
ALLURE  Jimmy Rhodes #1578

ANTHEM  Mitch Merucci September 21 #1477 to January 5, 2020 #1368
BRILLIANCE:    Rob McNally  #1566
EMPRESS  Elvis Pinto returns from vacation 9-7 #1548 Is he aboard?
ENCHANTMENT:  Bobby Broughton. Elizabeth Hackett to cover vacation, early October #1476 Is Elizabeth aboard? For how long?
EXPLORER:  Mike Whitte #1545
FREEDOM:    Daniel Dornas as of 10-6-19 #1501, Cory Rogers for 30 days in Dec to take ship to Cadiz in Jan for drydock #1444
GRANDEUR:  Clo O'Connor #1626
HARMONY:    Marc Walker as of  9-29-19/3-15-20, 5-3/9-13-20 and 11-15-20/3-7-21 #1619
INDEPENDENCE:    Mike Hunnerup  #1544
JEWEL:         Simona Ferraiuolo #1401
LIBERTY:  Brian Leavitt returned October 13 #1620

MARINER:    Dan Whitley as of 9-20 #1477
MAJESTY:  Tornado Tanya Yates Tongue as of 6-24 #1234 Any update?
NAVIGATOR:   Hugo Arenas returned 10-18 #1621
OASIS:           Bobby Brown for 3 weeks, after drydock #1475
OVATION:     Chris Brown as of 9-30-19  #1476
QUANTUM:  Ken Jones  #1535
RADIANCE:   Mark Rous  #1430
RHAPSODY:  Bill Bronckhurst  #1477
SERENADE:  Carly B , should be on through November.  #1476 Any update?
SPECTRUM: Fang Lixin through December #1394

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski as of 11-2-19 #1602

VISION       Steve Davis  for transatlantic crossing, will be on for 8 months #1518
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveria #1565

AJust got off Grandeur this morning.  We started the cruise with no CD because John Blair was sick.  His wife filled in for him.  When he came on he still seemed like he wasn't feeling well.  Not much energy. .  They were both getting off today for vacation and according to John will be on Vision when they  return.

when I asked a . Few people who was coming on all I could get was someone from Ireland.  

On 12/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Currently onboard Jewel of the Seas. I will see if I can meet them and find out any contract info ☺

20191201_085945.jpg

Spoke to Andrea this evening and he will be onboard for 4 more months and Talita will be on for 2 more months ☺

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle

On 11/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, cardboss said:

I would agree...We were also on theTransAtlantic. 

Worst CD ever!!

EVER!!

Hope he's not on our Rhapsody April TA

Edited by Beachammo

On 11/24/2019 at 11:22 PM, DELTABLUE said:

It was reported that Susan Adams was due to take over for John Blair on Grandeur as of 11-30-19.  A friend now doing a B2B said that the new CD will be "Kloh from Ireland".  I'm assuming she means Clo O'Connor.  Anyone familiar with her?

We had Clo on our very first Royal cruise on Grandeur in 2009.  At the time, she was only doing fill ins for no more than like 3 months.  Her son was not even 2 yrs old at the time and she didn't want to be gone as long as a full contract.  We enjoyed her and haven't seen her since.  I remember people questioning the fact her son was named Connor.  But she explained her husband's last name was O'Connor.