Budva or Perast?????

We have a choice of combining Kotor with one of these other villages, Budva or Perast and need your opinion on which to choose. We are not interested in going to the beach but thought the old town of Budva would be nice to through, but the pictures we've seen of Perast is quite picturesque too, so I am torn on which to choose and need your help. Thanks for your opinion.

We have a choice of combining Kotor with one of these other villages, Budva or Perast and need your opinion on which to choose. We are not interested in going to the beach but thought the old town of Budva would be nice to through, but the pictures we've seen of Perast is quite picturesque too, so I am torn on which to choose and need your help. Thanks for your opinion.

Sorry to say I have not been to either town, but I wanted to mention be sure you’re up early and outside to see the fiords as you’re coming into Kotor! Beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got back from a 3 week Med tour, with 2 stops in Kotor. Had a great 6 hr you with Tours with Milo ( great reviews and well deserved ) Went to both Budva and Perast.

So if you could only choose one, which would it be?

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back from a trip last week. We used M Tours and did both. Mladen the owned is great.

We did both with Mont Travelers too. This was probably the best guided trip we have ever done. Dimitrij was fantastic. We had such a good time and learned loads. Nothing was too much trouble. We will be back and visit a new area. By the way on the website http://www.monttravelers.com you can find the page with the most popular places in Montenegro and if I remember well there is a distance between them.

I have been to both and Budva wins - by far.

Thanks!

I have been to Budva, though it was a while ago, in 1976, but haven’t been to Perast before. The main thing I seem to remember about Budva was that it had a good sandy beach, unlike the stony ones elsewhere in the region. When you are young, your priorities are different!

• 4 weeks later...
Just came back from a trip last week. We used M Tours and did both. Mladen the owned is great.

We also toured with Mladen and did both. I would recommend you try to see both.

If you can’t, then it really depends on what you want to see. The big draw in Perast is Our Lady of the Rocks and the scenery, whereas Budva offers more within the walled city. We had a delightful lunch there during our tour.

• 3 weeks later...

We've been to both and much prefer Budva. There's a lovely stroll along the rocky coast as well as the interesting walled town. Too many shops for our taste, but the narrow, curving lanes and buildings are handsome indeed.