? About walking around San Juan

EeyoreFan1967

Looking at my maps of San Juan, there are a few bridges that connect Condado neighborhood to Old San Juan. Are these bridges safe for pedestrians? Do they have sidewalks or paths or are they busy with fast cars and not recommended for walking? Thinking of staying in a hotel on the Condado side but will want to walk around and have dinner in OSJ. Will we need taxis? The comparable hotels at this point are more expensive in OSJ.

Thanks!

Eeyore

It’s safe to walk across, as we’ve run across it many times.

But it’s a good walk from there to the restaurants in Old San Juan. Over a mile, I seem to remember

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for your reply. We are fine with distance, love a long walk! We were only concerned about the safety.

There's only one bridge that goes from Condado to Old San Juan, which is the bridge carrying Ashford Ave. I've walked over that bridge many times, although not recently, and I've never walked all the way into Old San Juan. We would just go between the Caribe Hilton and the hotels and restaurants near the Condado Plaza on Ashford Ave.

I don't know what your exact starting point in Condado will be, but for example the walk from the Condado Plaza Hilton to the area of Old San San Juan near the cruise terminal is about two miles.

There's only one bridge that goes from Condado to Old San Juan, which is the bridge carrying Ashford Ave. I've walked over that bridge many times, although not recently, and I've never walked all the way into Old San Juan. We would just go between the Caribe Hilton and the hotels and restaurants near the Condado Plaza on Ashford Ave.

I don't know what your exact starting point in Condado will be, but for example the walk from the Condado Plaza Hilton to the area of Old San San Juan near the cruise terminal is about two miles.

Bingo! Condado Plaza Hilton is winning as of now. It looks like a great location near a nice beach but close enough to walk to OSJ. I checked Google maps and the hotel to the Castillo is 5 km, definitely walkable for us as long as that bridge works!

Thanks for the input!