On Board Loyalty Credit

mcrcruiser

56 minutes ago, skynight said:

Loyalty OBC is awarded as follows:

After 20 cruise credits $25

After 31 cruise credits $50

After 41 cruise credits $75

After 51 cruise credits $100

It is one credit per cabin unless the cabin mates are not related.

Yes you should continue to receive the loyalty credit on every Princess cruise.

Guess I'll find out next month 

Apologies for my ignorance, but to my knowledge, I have never received a “loyalty” OBC.  And next week is my 29th cruise. I have never gotten a card in my cabin, or seen any amount credited in my cruise personalizer. Is it for every cruise? 

Sail on 20 or more Princess cruises (aka Loyalty level or "Super Elite") (posted only after you are on the ship)

Completion of 20 - 30 cruises $25 onboard cabin credit
Completion of 31 - 40 cruises $50 onboard cabin credit
Completion of 41 - 50 cruises $75 onboard cabin credit
Completion of 50+ cruises $100 onboard cabin credit

Limited to one onboard cabin credit per family

Suite Passengers and Solo Traveler benefits

"Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (mini-suites excluded), will receive two cruise credits.
Passengers who pay the single occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive two cruise credits.
Passengers who pay the single supplement to occupy a full suite on their own will receive three cruise credits. "

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na991

Each cruise credit is treated as a completed Princess Cruise for purposes of reaching Platinum (more than 5 cruises or 50 cruise days) and Elite (15 cruises or 150 cruise days) levels.  Cruise credits are also used for reaching the Princess Loyalty level (aka Super Elite level)(more than 20 cruises).

Suite passengers are currently being given a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation night and breakfasts every morning in a specialty restaurant but the unlimited time on the Internet for Suite passengers has been dropped.

Edited by Princess Chatterer

On 7/13/2018 at 8:02 AM, skynight said:

Starting with your 20th cruise credit (CrC) you will receive a Captain's Circle refundable Loyalty OBC, see chart below. It is one loyalty OBC/cabin for occupants with the same last name. Unrelated qualified occupants each receive the refundable OBC. It is automatic.

CrC 20 to 31 = $25 OBC

CrC 32 to 41 = $50 OBC

CrC 42 to 51 = $75 OBC

CrC 52 and over = $100 OBC

I just completed my 20th and didn’t receive any loyalty credit. 

I thought it started on 21. 

The loyalty OBC should now show in the Travel Summary of your cruise personalizer about 5-6 days before sail date. It is also clearly stated in the brochure available from your captain circle host on board your Princess ship outlining benefits for each level. You need to click on the link in your cruise personalizer that says Print Travel Summary and scroll to the bottom where it is usually posted. You can always check your cruise credit balance by logging into your princess account, as I believe the last website update created a 'dashboard' that displays your cruise credit balance, number of days, total of future cruise deposits and a default of $15 x each future cruise credit. $15 is the minimum you earn  on sailing of 3 days or more. I believe in the past Princess sent emails to some passengers who have disembarked letting them know they could still buy a future cruise deposit, but the OBC was reduced from the amounts you would have gotten if you purchased on board. This is now easily fixed if you know someone sailing on a Princess ship as they are now allowed to purchase FCD for you but it will be charged to thier on board credit card or another personal card of that passenger. You can not have the FCD charged to the person not on board. 

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

So customer service calls rep & states .....that there is no such thing as $$ credit for having sailed more than 21 times.

As someone else pointed out, the loyalty OBC does not appear (at least not easy to find) on the Princess web site.

It is no surprise that a Princess customer service rep has never heard about it. Next time ask to speak with a Captain's Circle rep.

20 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

Unfortunately, once your linked there's no way to separate, even by divorce. :classic_laugh:

A divorced couple is probably not going to book a cruise together. We've enjoyed getting the credit on our past few cruises. 

• Haha 1

Isn't the single payment to a married couple of common name considered discrimination if two individuals who marry but retain their individual family names or even two individuals who are joined in common law each receiving the OBC?

On the Grand this month we didn't get the notification card in the cabin (which we had in the past), but we did get the 25 bucks. It was listed on our onboard credit tally, somewhat confusingly, as a "gift credit." I had to check at the purser's desk to be sure that's what it was.

Edited by shepp

2 hours ago, antsp said:

We sail on the 3rd of Nov, so l will update if it works again 

Were the addresses changed prior to booking cruises?  I’m wondering if changing the address in the Captain’s circle is enough if the address on the booking is the same.

11 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Were the addresses changed prior to booking cruises?  I’m wondering if changing the address in the Captain’s circle is enough if the address on the booking is the same.

No it's not. I tried that last Feb & it has to be done in both places, so I hear.

Whether or not it has to be changes prior to booking is yet to be seen.

I'll know by this Wed or Thurs & post the results.