Upgrade Call

Robpuffdaddy

From the customer's perspective, there really is no rhyme or reason to the upgrade/upsell offers. If they have run out of the cabin category you have booked on a sailing and there is demand, they will make the offers. Otherwise, as mentioned, it seems to be random. We've been sailing Carnival for 22 years and got our first upsell offer earlier this year.... go figure. :confused:

No clue whatsoever...I booked my first few Carnival cruises by phone, then had a PVP, then booked directly online.

I've gotten a call to upgrade/upsell for almost every one. Too much money!

The only one I said YES to was in March on the Pride...2 days before sailing...Got a call offering a FREE upgrade from inside cabin to Premium Balcony.

It was wonderful!

For some strange reason, there seems to be a lot of upsell calls and e-mails lately for cruises that are further out. We have been cruising since 1999 and never got an upsell call until this year. Our cruise isn't until February, 2019 and we got an e-mail for an upsell last month.

You have to watch real close with what they offer too. They wanted only $40 less than what we could have originally booked the upsell cabin for. (Balcony cabin on Deck 11 to Ocean suite on Deck 7 plus $460.) We turned it down because we booked Deck 11 because we like it up there and from looking at the Ocean Suite pictures, we weren't gaining that much.

Can you get an upgrade email if you go through a travel agent? I always book through Carnival but switched it over to Delta for 9000 extra delta skymiles this time. Normally I get a phone call from Carnival. I’m assuming they cannot contact me directly if we have a travel agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No clue whatsoever...I booked my first few Carnival cruises by phone, then had a PVP, then booked directly online.

I've gotten a call to upgrade/upsell for almost every one. Too much money!

The only one I said YES to was in March on the Pride...2 days before sailing...Got a call offering a FREE upgrade from inside cabin to Premium Balcony.

It was wonderful!

wow that sure doesnt happen very often

Can you get an upgrade email if you go through a travel agent? I always book through Carnival but switched it over to Delta for 9000 extra delta skymiles this time. Normally I get a phone call from Carnival. I’m assuming they cannot contact me directly if we have a travel agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, Carnival will only talk to your TA. The only chance you would have is if your selected cabin will out of service then Carnival will notify your TA,

I've seen several post of getting upgrade calls. How do you get on that list? If I booked directly from the website and not a PVP, will I not get these calls or could I get them still?

How you book probably doesn't make too much of a difference. I've been called twice. Once when I booked thought the web site, and the other when I booked through a PVP.

We are turning platinum on next month's cruise and have never received an upgrade or an upsell call. I told my wife I was booking a balcony guarantee and we would get an upgrade to a suite this time. She just smiled. We got assigned a cove balcony under the galley. But, now she will be smiling in the Ocean Suite they called and offered us for a price I couldn't refuse.

I have sailed 16 times on Carnival. I booked an inside and got upgraded for free to a balcony January 2006. Got upgraded from oceanview to balcony February 2007. These were both done ahead of time. Last November we got a call the day of the cruise for a free upgrade from inside to balcony. Wow what a surprise. It happens but I don't know why.

Candi

I have sailed 16 times on Carnival. I booked an inside and got upgraded for free to a balcony January 2006. Got upgraded from oceanview to balcony February 2007. These were both done ahead of time. Last November we got a call the day of the cruise for a free upgrade from inside to balcony. Wow what a surprise. It happens but I don't know why.

Candi

Because your original cabin was taken out of service or they needed it for another cruisers/like booking minors by parents. It is never done as a reward.