Ferry Info from Papeete to Moorea

jwindham

10 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Petoonya, thanks very much for yourĀ info.

One other thing. Just in case you are interested in doing the day at the Hilton, you don't pay till you arrive so you can reserve but there is no obligation. There are taxis at the ferry so you can arrange a return time from anywhere if you choose. Also we used Terevau Ferry rather than Aremiti as the times worked better. Have a wonderful trip!

Edited by Petoonya

We will be arriving at PPT at 8:40 PM, staying overnight at Hotel Sarah Nui and take the Ferry to Moreea (Hilton)Ā  the next morning.Ā  Would appreciate advice on pre-arranged shuttle or taxi.Ā  It seems to me that the quoted shared shuttle referred by the hotelsĀ (which is priced per person, 2500 xfp for 2 in PPT and 3200 xfp for 2 in Moreea) cost about the same as taxi fares.Ā  A taxi would be less stressful in case of flight delay or missed ferry and need to take the next one.Ā  Thanks.

Can't help you with prearranged transfer in Papeete, but there are a ton of taxis waiting for flights at the airport. And it's about 3-4 blocks to walk to ferry from Hotel Sarah Nui. We just used Torea Nui Transport in Moorea to the Hilton in December- they were wonderful. Air conditioned van to the Hilton and even though our ferry was 1/2 hour late they waited right by the dock for us. 1500XPF each way. They were right there outside the Hilton waiting for us at our prearranged time. enttoreanui@gmail.com Highly recommend.

https://toreanui.com/

Ā 

Edited by Petoonya

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Can't help you with prearranged transfer in Papeete, but there are a ton of taxis waiting for flights at the airport. And it's about 3-4 blocks to walk to ferry from Hotel Sarah Nui. We just used Torea Nui Transport in Moorea to the Hilton in December- they were wonderful. Air conditioned van to the Hilton and even though our ferry was 1/2 hour late they waited right by the dock for us. 1500XPF each way. They were right there outside the Hilton waiting for us at our prearranged time. enttoreanui@gmail.com Highly recommend.

https://toreanui.com/

Ā 

Petoonya,

Ā 

Thanks very much for the information.Ā  Hilton quoted 1600 XPF per person for the shuttle.Ā  Either the rate goes up or Hilton is charging a premium for usingĀ MOOREA MAHANA TOURS, but it appears that you can put the charge in room charge at Hilton.

3 hours ago, scili said:

We will be arriving at PPT at 8:40 PM, staying overnight at Hotel Sarah Nui and take the Ferry to Moreea (Hilton)Ā  the next morning.Ā  Would appreciate advice on pre-arranged shuttle or taxi.Ā  It seems to me that the quoted shared shuttle referred by the hotelsĀ (which is priced per person, 2500 xfp for 2 in PPT and 3200 xfp for 2 in Moreea) cost about the same as taxi fares.Ā  A taxi would be less stressful in case of flight delay or missed ferry and need to take the next one.Ā  Thanks.

We just did this in late December. A few tips:

We'd booked our hotel shuttle with the assumption that we'd be taking the 7:30 am ferry. Our flight was not delayed, but we were seated toward the back - about 95% of the 500 or so people on the plane were in the customs line ahead of us. When it became apparent that we would not make it through line in time to make the 7:30 am shuttle, I stopped one of the security guards and explained or problem.Ā  He moved us up through the line. There were tons of taxis at the airport so that was no problem. We made the ferry, and then the shuttle in Moorea. The shuttle guy told us that they would have waited, regardless.Ā 

But there were tons of taxis at the ferry port so even if the hotel shuttle hadn't waited we still could have easily found our way to the hotel.Ā 

Enjoy your trip. I think the Hilton has the nicest overwater bungalows on Moorea!Ā 

Ā 

Not only does the Hilton have terrific bungalows, but for day users it has some of the the best snorkeling on the island and use of all water toys. Lovely pool and friendly staff. And excellent, huge lunch. We wished we could have stayed longer but had to catch ferry back to a departing cruise ship.

25 minutes ago, scili said:

Petoonya,

Ā 

Thanks very much for the information.Ā  Hilton quoted 1600 XPF per person for the shuttle.Ā  Either the rate goes up or Hilton is charging a premium for usingĀ MOOREA MAHANA TOURS, but it appears that you can put the charge in room charge at Hilton.

Ā 

Golly,

I was wrong about the charge for transport from the ferry to Hilton. It was 1000XPF per person each way. Just checked my confirmation email from December. Maybe the Hilton is quoting a roundtrip price but if not Torea Nui transport was excellent.

Edited by Petoonya

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Ā 

Golly,

I was wrong about the charge for transport from the ferry to Hilton. It was 1000XPF per person each way. Just checked my confirmation email from December. Maybe the Hilton is quoting a roundtrip price but if not Torea Nui transport was excellent.

Thanks very much Petoonya and Borrillje.Ā  1600 XPF one way per person is the rate Hilton quoted for a shared shuttle between 8 and 4:30, that sure is a big hike from December, we are going in a couple of weeks.Ā  The rate goes up even higher outside the time window to 2500 pp one way.Ā  I'll try Torea Nui if it works out, otherwise Taxi may be an option.Ā  I was worried that taxi may be scarce at ferry terminal, thanks for the tip on taxi situation and Hilton bungalows. Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

As an alternative the Terevau ferry is right next door to the Aremiti in berth 2. Says Vodaphone on the side. The departure time from Papeete leaves a little more leeway leaving at 8:10am, 8:50am weekend. You can buy your tickets online 2320XPFĀ  roundtrip.Ā  https://www.terevau.pf/en/pricing/

Edited by Petoonya

• 8 months later...

Petoonya,

Torea Nui just quoted me "1500 xpf per person per way depends on our availability. This price ony include normal luggage.

If you travel with big case, surfboard or bicycle we will charge you in extra. This price is only available from 7am till 5pm after we charge double price."

Ā 

On 11/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, thqu60 said:

Petoonya,

Torea Nui just quoted me "1500 xpf per person per way depends on our availability. This price ony include normal luggage.

If you travel with big case, surfboard or bicycle we will charge you in extra. This price is only available from 7am till 5pm after we charge double price."

I'm very surprised! 1/3 price rise and a little even on the rude side! They were very friendly and accommodating in their communication and service last year. I'm very sorry to hear this šŸ˜žĀ