Colon to Panama City

sellwingri

The only tours my ship offers from Colon to Panama City is 3 or 4 hours at the mall. We were hoping to see the city and stop at the Hard Rock store since my DH collects their t-shirts. Any suggestions? Are there taxis to book at the tour and if yes, what would the approx cost be?

Are you thinking about taking a taxi from the mall to the Hard Rock while you are at the mall? That would be doable, just watch your time as traffic jams in Panama can be legendary. Don't have a good feel for the cost... $20 to $30 would not seem unreasonable. The fare is usually negotiable.

There are a couple of guides mentioned here frequently such as robtads and my friend mario, I have no experience with them but people here have had mostly good things to say. There are cabs available where the ship docks in Colon, I think you could arrange for what you are looking for there also. Can't give you any recent prices... I think a ballpark figure of $20-$30/hour would not be too far off the mark. What you are looking for would take somewhere around 4-6 hours, depending on how extensive of a city tour you want.