Anyone booked Marella Explorer 2 yet? Don't know what to do!!

Just remembered something else, there are no longer daily news bulletins nor sudoko/crosswords.  This is to save wasting paper so I can sort of understand.  We like to do the daily crosswords/sudoko together in the evening but I guess in future I will take a crossword book instead... it's  no biggie.

3 hours ago, AJ28 said:

Ah Sheila, I have just checked on my phone and I too can't see the photos (it mentions thumbnails but no pics).  How annoying.  I can see them on my laptop however.  Not sure how to fix this issue.

It's ok. Sorry, I have no idea either!🤔

AJ28 thanks for taking the time to post the detailed review - really whetted our appitites for November when we sail on her

Did I see somewhere that you are from Falkirk? We are 'next door' in Grangemouth - small world eh

Yeah, Brightons, actually, with a super view of the Ochills and Firth of Forth. I work in Bo'ness, regularly get my diesel from ASDA and visit the library and butchers in the precinct 😄 .

2 minutes ago, Wee Magoo said:

And what a fine school that is - I'm very proud to say I was a pupil there before moving on to the 'old' Academy........ahhhh the memories

🤩

Talk of the Fair has 'fair' made me want to dig out my copy of the Fair song and blast it out.......but on second thoughts maybe not as we are getting well off the subject of the Explorer 2.......... "see the summer sun is gleaming, shining bright o'er land and sea"

4 hours ago, Wee Magoo said:

Talk of the Fair has 'fair' made me want to dig out my copy of the Fair song and blast it out.......but on second thoughts maybe not as we are getting well off the subject of the Explorer 2.......... "see the summer sun is gleaming, shining bright o'er land and sea"

And, can you imagine what it'll be like when we return on Monday for the summer term.  It'll be full on Fair Day preparation all the way to 28th June...

5 hours ago, Wee Magoo said:

Oh yes indeed but at least it'll make the days go quicker LOL...........my solution would be to get another cruise booked so you've got that thought to get you through

Already done! Alaska in July.  Woohoo!

Nice review AJ28 😀 As a cruise virgin can you tell me how long did it take to get to your cabin from landing in Palma, asking as we arrive in Palma at 6.00pm and I believe we have to attend embarkation safety talk in theater at 8.00pm and will probably need a snack because I will be accused of being hangry be then 😏  also what time does the ship use BST, GMT or Palma local. TIA

We were one hour ahead of our UK time for the entire cruise n stay.

Getting off plane,  getting bussed to terminal, going through security and picking up cases and getting on bus to ship  didn't take too long at all and was well organised. Travel to ship took half and hour and processing to get on board was quick too.

You are not required to take along the bright orange life jacket with you to the safety briefing, this means that once you have been to see your cabin and checked out exactly where you are to go for the briefing (on sign behind the door) you can nip straight up to Marketplace (deck 11) for a much-needed snack and wait for the alarm bells. There is beer, cider, lager and wines on tap there too, so get stuck in! (or get a cuppa if you prefer 😉 ).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ28 said:

We were one hour ahead of our UK time for the entire cruise n stay.

Getting off plane,  getting bussed to terminal, going through security and picking up cases and getting on bus to ship  didn't take too long at all and was well organised. Travel to ship took half and hour and processing to get on board was quick too.

You are not required to take along the bright orange life jacket with you to the safety briefing, this means that once you have been to see your cabin and checked out exactly where you are to go for the briefing (on sign behind the door) you can nip straight up to Marketplace (deck 11) for a much-needed snack and wait for the alarm bells. There is beer, cider, lager and wines on tap there too, so get stuck in! (or get a cuppa if you prefer 😉 ).

Cool beans, thanks a lot AJ28 😎 Just need to find room in the suitcase for the kitchen sink and we're good to go 😂

Take something warm for watching a film outdoor in the evening. They are usually shown about 9.15 and it can be chilly.  No blankets provided like on Princess, hopefully they will change this and included them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 4:48 PM, Lexa25 said:

We've just booked the Explorer 2 for July 31st for two weeks. Adriatic Splendours and Mediterranean Gems. It's our first ever cruise, so we're very excited. Adult only ship appealed to us!

We are onboard for that fortnight too ... only 92 days to go 🙂

30 minutes ago, Converted to cruising said:

On board now on Mediterranean Adventure. Having a ball 🚢🥂. Great ship . Going to book another for later in the year to Caribbean. 

Great to hear! Please let us have more info on your return, sounds as though the snagging problems have been sorted.  Enjoy the rest if your cruise😊

Thanks for your review ... we aren’t onboard until the end of July so hoping that any kinks will be ironed out. We considered buying the premium drinks in order to drink in the coffee lounge but decided we’d have to drink an awful lot of coffee to warrant paying an extra £200. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Mediterranean Adventures on Explorer 2 and all was good. The ship is lovely and has been refurbished very tastefully in my opinion with something for everyone. The only thing that I found a bit disappointing was the choice of food in the MDR in the evenings as the menu has been very downsized but you could ask for anything that you wanted (2 starters or a starter as a main course) but overall it was all a bit bland and repetitive. However there was more choice of eating places ( some extra charge) to choose from so that helped to make up for it. Chardonnay wine could only be bought by the bottle and was not available by the glass either A.i or premium. The house wine was okay though or you could have Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon by the glass at any of the bars or restaurants. The shows were varied and I didn’t attend them all as some didn’t appeal but I enjoyed the ones I did. There was quite a lot going on throughout the day and evenings so you should find something to suit all tastes. It can be a bit chilly in some areas but I have found that on other ships too. The staff, as always, were excellent in all areas. I would definitely book on the ship again. This is only my opinion and I’m sure there will be differing views but just go and enjoy your cruise as I did. 😊

40 minutes ago, Converted to cruising said:

Back from Mediterranean Adventures on Explorer 2 and all was good. The ship is lovely and has been refurbished very tastefully in my opinion with something for everyone. The only thing that I found a bit disappointing was the choice of food in the MDR in the evenings as the menu has been very downsized but you could ask for anything that you wanted (2 starters or a starter as a main course) but overall it was all a bit bland and repetitive. However there was more choice of eating places ( some extra charge) to choose from so that helped to make up for it. Chardonnay wine could only be bought by the bottle and was not available by the glass either A.i or premium. The house wine was okay though or you could have Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon by the glass at any of the bars or restaurants. The shows were varied and I didn’t attend them all as some didn’t appeal but I enjoyed the ones I did. There was quite a lot going on throughout the day and evenings so you should find something to suit all tastes. It can be a bit chilly in some areas but I have found that on other ships too. The staff, as always, were excellent in all areas. I would definitely book on the ship again. This is only my opinion and I’m sure there will be differing views but just go and enjoy your cruise as I did. 😊

Great to hear a fair review.  I think some of the not so good reviews are people who have been on more expensive cruise lines and are comparing them even though Marella are much cheaper.  We are really looking forward  to our cruise later in the year.