SCARLET LADY - New Renderings and a Concern

eroller

19 hours ago, Seth Jessop said:

I wasn't asking for a date, I haven't even seen you yet!  You do seem like a fun person however. The area I live is actually quite nice, and a prestigious neighborhood. I think most people have their hands full these days, I probably do work a little too much however to afford everything. Orlando is a fun place to be and I have a good contact at Disney World there to get comped for the entire park free when I go. It's been 2 years since I last went but I'm due for another trip out that way soon. 

No so easy to find, but I sent you a friend request on social media.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 11:55 PM, wwcruisers said:

Going back to E-Roller's original concern in this thread: Has anyone seen any more pools, in any of the recent releases from VV?

Unfortunately still nothing about additional swimming pools.  So far only that tiny spa pool has been revealed.  

I'm guessing next we will see what the cabins look like.  I assume these will have to be revealed before bookings open in February.  Also deck plans will have to be released, at least showing where the cabins are if nothing else.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I have to beg to disagree!  It's a BLAND pool area, not very large for everyone, and with those STUPID mats around.  They look like orgy mats, not vey classy.  Look at the pool area in Celebrity for a pool that fine looking, stylish, and classy.  Still underwhelmed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jrljel said:

Sorry guys, I have to beg to disagree!  It's a BLAND pool area, not very large for everyone, and with those STUPID mats around.  They look like orgy mats, not vey classy.  Look at the pool area in Celebrity for a pool that fine looking, stylish, and classy.  Still underwhelmed.

To each their own.  I personally like it.  The double size mats and/or double size sun loungers are very much in style, and can be found on Celebrity as well and numerous other cruise lines not to mention hotels/resorts.  I think VV is going for something different than Celebrity and other cruise lines.  Something a bit more trendy and in line with hotels/resorts ashore rather than what is typically found on a cruise ship.  It may not appeal to the typical cruiser that has certain expectations based on past cruises, but I think it will appeal greatly to the non-cruiser which there are many of.  Those that would not be caught dead on a cruise ship because of every stereotype associated with them.  I won't get into all the stereotypes but there are many and truth to a lot of them.  While there are many aspects of VV that don't personally appeal to me, I applaud them for being a bit different and not following what every other cruise line has already done.     

Edited by eroller
  • Like 4

One thing to be said for the large, multi-person sun-beds: They may be preferable to having folks cram individual loungers around the pool so tightly as to block access. I'm pretty sure we've all had that problem, on some line or another. And, If you prefer a traditional lounger, there appear to be plenty of those, albeit further removed from the pool. I'm fine with that.

21 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

One thing to be said for the large, multi-person sun-beds: They may be preferable to having folks cram individual loungers around the pool so tightly as to block access. I'm pretty sure we've all had that problem, on some line or another. And, If you prefer a traditional lounger, there appear to be plenty of those, albeit further removed from the pool. I'm fine with that.

Very true.  It will also be nice not to have a thousand kids screaming and running around the pool, and doing cannonballs.  Plenty of other cruise lines for them to do that.   

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, The_0ne said:

we waited.....

they DELIVERED :classic_love:

I think they did!  Next up hopefully deck plans and cabin details.  I think those will have to be released before anyone books.  The claim the cabins will be innovative.  I know they won't be "Infinite Balconies" like on Celebrity Edge, so lets see what they come up with.  

On 12/26/2018 at 7:16 PM, eroller said:

I think they did!  Next up hopefully deck plans and cabin details.  I think those will have to be released before anyone books.  The claim the cabins will be innovative.  I know they won't be "Infinite Balconies" like on Celebrity Edge, so lets see what they come up with.  

Let's hope not. After seeing those notorious 'infinite verandahs', I'm SO glad that I didn't waste my time or $$ on an Edge booking!

5 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Let's hope not. After seeing those notorious 'infinite verandahs', I'm SO glad that I didn't waste my time or $$ on an Edge booking!

I personally think they look awesome and I’m pretty sure I would love them.  In fact I think EDGE in general looks like an amazing ship.  Probably more of what I hoped VV would be like but time will tell on that one.  

The good thing for you is that pretty much every other ship in existence doesn’t have the Infinite Balconies so they will be easy to avoid.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eroller said:

I personally think they look awesome and I’m pretty sure I would love them.  In fact I think EDGE in general looks like an amazing ship.  Probably more of what I hoped VV would be like but time will tell on that one.  

The good thing for you is that pretty much every other ship in existence doesn’t have the Infinite Balconies so they will be easy to avoid.  

LOL -- I think that I'm just a traditionalist, when it comes to balconies. I've always liked the over-sized ones on the sterns of the older ships (e.g: Celebrity's M class and RC's Radiance Class). Certainly don't expect anything like that on VV -- but hopefully the verandahs will be nice. Especially on Caribbean itineraries, we spend a lot of time out there!

4 hours ago, eroller said:

Right?!?! Thank you for helping me realize I'm not going nuts! Most of the newer reviews of EDGE are now coming in positive.  Everyone on the X forum needs to just RELAX!

I know VV will be AWESOME! We flew with them for YEARS!

8 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

LOL -- I think that I'm just a traditionalist, when it comes to balconies. I've always liked the over-sized ones on the sterns of the older ships (e.g: Celebrity's M class and RC's Radiance Class). Certainly don't expect anything like that on VV -- but hopefully the verandahs will be nice. Especially on Caribbean itineraries, we spend a lot of time out there!

I can certainly respect that.  I honestly can't say if I would love the EDGE balconies having never experienced them, but I really like the concept and I'm a lover of technology, so I think I would like them.  VV has promised a completely innovative cabin concept, so what that will exactly translate to I don't know?  I think we will find out pretty soon.  Probably the next reveal which should happen before bookings open in Feb.  

8 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Right?!?! Thank you for helping me realize I'm not going nuts! Most of the newer reviews of EDGE are now coming in positive.  Everyone on the X forum needs to just RELAX!

I know VV will be AWESOME! We flew with them for YEARS!

I haven't really been reading the reviews.  I tend to take them with a grain of salt anyway.  We have different expectations and our perceptions are vastly different, so reviews from perfect strangers only offers limited value.

I did read most of the professional reviews from media and travel agents invited on the short preview cruises.  They were overwhelmingly positive, with lots of praise and most saying how groundbreaking the ship is and a game changer.   Of course those can be a bit bias since they are on the ship for free and the red carpet is laid out.  So I take them with a grain of salt as well!  LOL  

I do think EDGE will be an adjustment.  I remember when the Solstice Class made its debut.  They were instantly compared with the M-Class and Celebrity regulars did not like them.  Lots to complain about, especially the lack of a promenade deck, crowded pool area, and only two elevator stair towers.  I remember it all well.  Now will we have the Edge Class compared with the Solstice Class which Celebrity regulars now love.  Basically it points to human nature which tends to resist change.  I haven't sailed on EDGE yet but I plan to.  I think she looks awesome!  I hope VV can achieve that kind of innovation and forward thinking with their new ship.   

Edited by eroller