Iona

Mrs applehead

Not whingeing at all - just passing a comment. Whilst I may not wish to sail on her I am interested in cruise ships generally and as I said, I think the Skydome could be a really interesting space. As a long-term P&O cruiser and shareholder, I think I have a right to comment.

How can you whinge about a ship you have never been on and according to you, you will never go on.

Your comment reminded me of a gentleman at the table in MDR for breakfast on the first morning of the Maiden cruise on Arcadia. In those days there were comment cards on the tables, dont know if they still exist, and he said he was going to fill one in and complain about the sausages. A fellow diner noticed that he did not have sausages on his breakfast and he said I know but they look disgusting. Think that says it all about some P&O cruisers.

Your comment reminded me of a gentleman at the table in MDR for breakfast on the first morning of the Maiden cruise on Arcadia. In those days there were comment cards on the tables, dont know if they still exist, and he said he was going to fill one in and complain about the sausages. A fellow diner noticed that he did not have sausages on his breakfast and he said I know but they look disgusting. Think that says it all about some P&O cruisers.

Very true. Look at all the comments about the larger ships by people who swear they will never set foot on them. Or, the sailaway parties by people who never attend etc.

But that is too late you can pre-register from 8am on 3rd September so how can you pre register for a particular cabin when you dont cabins, deck plans and prices.

Reading the email from P&O it seems you can pre register on 3rd September but it does not say any options. It looks like Iona goes on sale on 10th to top tier members only. Then on 12th to others on Iona. The rest of the fleet goes on sale from 17th to 20th. It does not give much time for people who need to consult work and other commitment before they make a booking commitment. I would have thought the brochure/itinerary would have been released say 27th August to give time to study and make some sort of decision before pre registration if they were interested in Iona specifically.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not whingeing at all - just passing a comment. Whilst I may not wish to sail on her I am interested in cruise ships generally and as I said, I think the Skydome could be a really interesting space. As a long-term P&O cruiser and shareholder, I think I have a right to comment.

Quite right Andrew. I always find your comments and observations to be absolutely spot on, so keep them coming!

Very true. Look at all the comments about the larger ships by people who swear they will never set foot on them. Or, the sailaway parties by people who never attend etc.

I tried Azura - didn't like her at all. Far too big for us. I have been to a GB Sailaway party, that was enough!!

Any chance that this can become the dedicated Iona thread? There was the other one "New Ship 2020" which has fizzled out.

Anyway, here's Iona's 'cousin' the AIDANova floating out...

5XiGxVTIJQY

And perhaps it could be relabeled the "I Hate Iona" thread, since the negative Nellies seem to be insistent on having the last word.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

He was our captain in May on a 7 night Britannia cruise.

Just got of Oriana today after her 19 night Med cruise.

We ate in the Beach House on Thursday evening and after about 15 minutes the next table filled up with our captain, David Pembridge, one of the entertainers, Mike Doyle and two male and one female officers.

My hearing is not the best and wasn't really earwigging but, towards the end when we had our expressos, they were discussing Iona and Pembridge did say that Wesley Dunlop was getting Iona.

I'm not overly bothered who the captain is but realise some people are.