Hampton Inn Plantation

snowmen

Plantation is a great spot that many cruisers probably aren't aware of. LOTS of restaurants and quick access to the port and airport, being just off 595 (which ends at the port and airport). Also just down the street from Sawgrass Mills and walking distance to the Broward Mall. Plus it's generally going to be cheaper than downtown. Right next to a Total Wine, also :)

Definitely recommend it. It's a great area.

Plantation is a great spot that many cruisers probably aren't aware of. LOTS of restaurants and quick access to the port and airport, being just off 595 (which ends at the port and airport). Also just down the street from Sawgrass Mills and walking distance to the Broward Mall. Plus it's generally going to be cheaper than downtown. Right next to a Total Wine, also :)

Definitely recommend it. It's a great area.

Definitely agree, we started to use Planation as a fall-back for those periods when prices on the 17th St strip are outrageous. We do prefer the 17th St strip whenever possible as it's much closer to the port and FLL, but Plantation is a great area and at certain times of the year, Plantation can be MUCH cheaper even with the higher transport costs.

Has anyone used the Avis/Budget rental car office in the Broward Mall? I just need the car for one day to go to a college football game at Hardrock Stadium. I would use Uber but with surge pricing the cost is as high as $200 for the ride back from the stadium to the Hampton Inn.

I wouldn't stay at Plantation as a first choice when visiting the area, it's not exactly a tourist destination. But if the price is right (considering the extra transportation) then sure, it's an excellent place. I am in Plantation every day as I work there :) If I were from out of town and visiting, I would probably prefer a more touristy and walkable area like Hollywood Beach, personally.

As for getting to the Hard Rock Stadium, Plantation will be very convenient as you will jump on 595 > Turnpike > Stadium. Quick and easy drive. Faster than downtown.

We stayed there in January. It was very nice. Decent breakfast and we took the shuttle to the port in the morning, which was great. We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale again next January and I have made reservations at Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I would like to be in a more touristy area next time.

We’ve stayed there before and are staying again this September. A nice Hampton and the free transportation from airport and to cruise port is a plus.

We don’t have a lot of time to “tourist” the day/evening before our cruise, so it works well for our needs.

I always keep checking their price online and have rebooked when it has come down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We ( 4 couples) stayed there last year precruise. We LOVED the location!

We weren’t interested in sight seeing so being near restaurants and the mall was great. We also liked the free shuttle.

All 8 of us would recommend it!