Other double charges for Solo travelers?

Cruisercl

I am wondering if anyone else has had this type of thing happen to them?

I booked a transfer from my Cocoa Beach hotel with Cocoa Beach Shuttle and was charged for 2 people because they do not take a 1 person reservation. Total rip-off. Just giving others a heads up.

Are there others solo travelers should be aware of?

Safe sailing all!!!

I have never heard of that either and it makes no sense at all.:eek: I have taken multiple shuttles to the ship in Pt Canaveral and have never been charged for 2 (I always sail solo). Who are these people? If they would not have taken the money for 1? I would have used another company. And I would have said something to a supervisor......every time I paid it was for 1 person.

Sorry you were treated so poorly.

I booked a transfer from my Cocoa Beach hotel with Cocoa Beach Shuttle and was charged for 2 people because they do not take a 1 person reservation.

Did you call them or do this online? There is an excursion that I am taking in San Juan. Their online website didn't allow a single reservation. However, one phone call and they were happy to accommodate my solo booking.

I was staying in a hotel in FLL and tried to book the shuttle to the port. Since it was only me, they quoted me a price of $25, which was ridiculous, considering how close it was. I booked an uber for $8 instead, and I believe that even included surge pricing since so many people were trying to get there at the same time.

Can't speak to your experience in the US but in Rome most of the transfers to the port (which is a good hour away from the city) have a fixed rate for 1-2 people. So even if it is a shared shuttle, you're paying for two if you are a single. :mad:

It's one reason I generally take the local train and get there on my own.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this type of thing happen to them?

I booked a transfer from my Cocoa Beach hotel with Cocoa Beach Shuttle and was charged for 2 people because they do not take a 1 person reservation. Total rip-off. Just giving others a heads up.

Are there others solo travelers should be aware of?

Safe sailing all!!!

That has to be an error- i have done this many times solo and i am only charged for one.

• 1 month later...

Something I've run into as a solo cruiser: when booking private tours w/your Roll Call peers, ask if the person arranging the tour will take a reservation for ONE.

Most tours seem to be in vans/mini buses for 8, 12, etc. That means that your solo reservation may leave the organizer w/an odd seat to fill. Some private organizers have gladly accepted my solo reservation; some have not (or suggested that I pay for 2 seats if they can't fill the odd. seat. I declined that tour.)

Never hurts to ask.