Aqua or Concierge Class?

All of these posts have gotten me very excited for my first Celebrity cruise in Oct. When we booked we were able to get an A2 cabin for $50 more than Concierge class and it came with a $150 pp OBC which the Concierge class didn't offer, so it was cheaper to book the A2. It's just a short cruise, but I wanted to get a feel for the Celebrity experience. I may be spoiled after this and never want to sail in anything but Aqua class on Celebrity :)

Still trying to figure out what “perks” come with Aqua Spa cabin. Blu, access to Persian garden and relaxation room. I believe cabin also gets bottle of champagne (if I ask for it). Iced herbal tea daily instead on concierge canapés. Anything else? My cabin though will be under pool deck area. Hope it won’t be too noisy in the morning.

The Aqua Class perks are easy:

ALL of the Concierge Class perks - except embarkation day luch in MDR

(so yes, canapés and sparkling wine)

PLUS Blu (!!!), Persian Garden

While I prefer the A1 staterooms on deck 11 without overhang, the A2s on deck 9 are fine. Don´t worry!

Thank you all for the information. I will be on the Summit so it looks like I will have the option to order from MDR menu. Still trying to figure out what “perks” come with Aqua Spa cabin. Blu, access to Persian garden and relaxation room. I believe cabin also gets bottle of champagne (if I ask for it). Iced herbal tea daily instead on concierge canapés. Anything else? My cabin though will be under pool deck area. Hope it won’t be too noisy in the morning.

You will get the afternoon savories as well as the tea. You can request that they substitute a fruit or cheese plate if you'd rather.

There was a separate line for Concierge/suites in the select dining MDR last year on Silhouette. I was a little surprised too.

That would both surprise as well as make me more than a little unhappy!! Suites already have their own restaurant. IMHO they should not even be allowed to eat in the MDR unless there is no line and no wait for others who have no choice but to eat there!

We were offered exactly the same sparkling wine in Aqua and Concierge classes.

They know longer offer you any sparkling wine unless you ask! Another nickel and dime cut-back by management.

Hank

You can request that they substitute a fruit or cheese plate if you'd rather.

You can ask, but may not get it (our experience).

They know longer offer you any sparkling wine unless you ask! Another nickel and dime cut-back by management.

Hank

Correct, you now have to ask.

Sorry - clarification here — if you are in concierge do you have to ask as well? Or just Aqua class? Thanks. We have always received it in concierge class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You have to ask for it in Concierge Class too - well that’s our experience as they don’t do it automatically like they used to ;).

Sorry - clarification here — if you are in concierge do you have to ask as well? Or just Aqua class? Thanks. We have always received it in concierge class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will not be waiting for you as before. But it is still a perk in CC & AQ. Some stateroom attendants will tell you that it is available to you and that you just have to let him/her know. They will then bring a cold bottle plus ice when desired. Some others you just ask...

Not a big issue though. The explanation was that most people did not drink it on arrival and then the water was just sitting there and the sparkling was warm, so they switched to delivery on request (cold).

Some might interpret that as nickel and diming... however, as long as it is still available nobody is witholding it... so why get upset. If we want it, we ask for it and if we forgot to aks, I guess we did not really want it... so no problem!:)

Thank you all for the information. I will be on the Summit so it looks like I will have the option to order from MDR menu. Still trying to figure out what “perks” come with Aqua Spa cabin. Blu, access to Persian garden and relaxation room. I believe cabin also gets bottle of champagne (if I ask for it). Iced herbal tea daily instead on concierge canapés. Anything else? My cabin though will be under pool deck area. Hope it won’t be too noisy in the morning.

Blu is the main perk, most consider it better than MDR, sort of like going to a very nice restaurant as opposed to a banquet. Also, they do not have a relaxation room on the Summit, none of the M class ships have it.

I have sailed Celebrity 8 times. Some with my husband, some with my sister and 2 with 3 other couples. Have sailed Concierge on the M class but not Aqua. Looking for some advice: we are planning a girls cruise April of 2020 on the Infinity (10 of us). For half this group this will be their first cruise. Since the cabins in Concierge and Aqua are slightly bigger (beds apart) we are considering these. We don’t want to do regular balconies and traditional dining but what would accommodate dinner better: Blu with Acqua or MDR Select dining?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have sailed Celebrity 8 times. Some with my husband, some with my sister and 2 with 3 other couples. Have sailed Concierge on the M class but not Aqua. Looking for some advice: we are planning a girls cruise April of 2020 on the Infinity (10 of us). For half this group this will be their first cruise. Since the cabins in Concierge and Aqua are slightly bigger (beds apart) we are considering these. We don’t want to do regular balconies and traditional dining but what would accommodate dinner better: Blu with Acqua or MDR Select dining?

No question for us, Aqua but keep in mind that all have to be in Aqua or a suite to eat in Blu, one rule that there are no exceptions. Also Aqua is maximum of two in a cabin

No question for us, Aqua but keep in mind that all have to be in Aqua or a suite to eat in Blu, one rule that there are no exceptions. Also Aqua is maximum of two in a cabin

Thanks. We will be booking 2 per cabin (so 5 cabins) all together whether it be Concierge or Acqua. Dining and accommodation of a table for ten is the biggest consideration. Traditional dining for us is too early or too late hence looking at MDR Select and Concierge or Acqua and Blu.

Thanks. We will be booking 2 per cabin (so 5 cabins) all together whether it be Concierge or Acqua. Dining and accommodation of a table for ten is the biggest consideration. Traditional dining for us is too early or too late hence looking at MDR Select and Concierge or Acqua and Blu.

Blu is much quieter than the MDR. However there are only a couple of tables for large parties like yours, so that's a consideration if choosing Aqua. On our last cruise there were two large groups who seemed to be at those tables nightly. They spoke with the Blu maitre d on embarkation day and he accommodated them . There are no reservations taken in Blu per se, but perhaps a word early on day one would help. The MDR will take reservations on the other hand in select. You could ask the concierge to arrange it for you.

Select dining will work better....there are tables that can accomodate 10 and if you speak to the Maitre d' and have a more or less standard time for dinner, they will work with you and hold the table (we've done just that). Blu is another story...they just don't have large tables, and it's first come/first served so if there is another larger group, you may have a problem. You do want concierge class cabins though if you are on the infinity (or any m-class ship)...they are about 20 sq ft larger...and that's significant. Additionally, you'll get a sit down served lunch when you embark which is a nice way to start the cruise. For those that have sailed Celebrity before, they will pay the C3 price for a C2 cabin which really only means that the location is a little more center, but not really significant. The others can go C2 or C3...they'll really never know the difference because it's only location.

Select dining will work better....there are tables that can accomodate 10 and if you speak to the Maitre d' and have a more or less standard time for dinner, they will work with you and hold the table (we've done just that). Blu is another story...they just don't have large tables, and it's first come/first served so if there is another larger group, you may have a problem. You do want concierge class cabins though if you are on the infinity (or any m-class ship)...they are about 20 sq ft larger...and that's significant. Additionally, you'll get a sit down served lunch when you embark which is a nice way to start the cruise. For those that have sailed Celebrity before, they will pay the C3 price for a C2 cabin which really only means that the location is a little more center, but not really significant. The others can go C2 or C3...they'll really never know the difference because it's only location.

Thanks for the advice. Leaning toward Concierge and Select. I think that may work best for our group.

• 1 month later...

My biggest gripe with eating in the MDR is the time it takes (often up to 2 hrs.). We have found ourselves eating a lot in the buffet for dinner on our most recent cruises (which we enjoyed by the way). This will be my first time in Aqua Class and wondering what the situation is in Blu.

My biggest gripe with eating in the MDR is the time it takes (often up to 2 hrs.). We have found ourselves eating a lot in the buffet for dinner on our most recent cruises (which we enjoyed by the way). This will be my first time in Aqua Class and wondering what the situation is in Blu.

My recent (and only) experience in Blu was that I never felt I was waiting on the next course. This is my frustration with the MDR - the schedule is somewhat set by the reality of seating a few hundred folks at the same time, and having food ready. So you can end up waiting for a while between courses.

Sometimes dinner did take 2 hours, simply because I took that long. I did get in and out in less than an hour one night by simply letting the server know, then eating quickly, and skipping dessert:(