MSC Seaview

AMT1

In a word ...STUNNING!

Love the cabin.

All of my research to date consistently suggests that despite being fully operational there is always space to be found in the public areas.

Glad you are enjoying.

Anything you are not totally happy about?

Frank

I'd love a bit more variety in the buffet. We've used it quite a lot as it's just easier with the kids, but it's very samey. We were on Divina in the Carribean this winter and found that was the same - and some of the menu items are identical.

The only thing that's a bit of a pain (literally) is that we have to clamber over the sofa bed when it's open to get to the balcony. If I've banged my leg once, I've done it 100 times.

The staff are very friendly and the kids LOVE kids club (they've said they like MSC better than Royal Caribbean and Norwegian).

All in all its pretty great so far.

Here's some more photos!

97458578_Webp.net-resizeimage20(4).thumb.jpg.d9e8ec38e9346a86bdeaf62b8181b8eb.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Forums mobile app

65166996_Webp.net-resizeimage20(5).jpg.043e1744f0001d7591001011c7d5e191.jpg

Wow it looks amazing! Where is everybody lol. Hope it's that quiet when we are on. Do they make the sofa bed up each day so that you have room in the cabin during the day and if not is it something you can do yourself? We will have one but I wouldn't like it being up all the time.

Hi ...Well that's not good, but climbing is for the wall on other lines!

That is a pain though I guess, I'm sure I've seen pics where the room is reversed, as in the bed is closest to the doors & the balcony.

Great pics again ...Agree with poster above, it does look like everyone left! :')

I've just got on Seaview today in Barcelona. If you've any questions please ask away and I'll do my best to answer them. :D

I will be boarding the Seaview November 9th in Barcelona. I want to know about the food. Someone I know said she was told the food is horrible. Do you think you could post a menu and list the classic favorites? We booked a guarantee for a 01 Ocean View cabin. There is no roll call for any Seaview cruises and very few reviews. Thanks for this thread. Lenore Krivo lkrivo@comcast.net

I will be boarding the Seaview November 9th in Barcelona. I want to know about the food. Someone I know said she was told the food is horrible. Do you think you could post a menu and list the classic favorites? We booked a guarantee for a 01 Ocean View cabin. There is no roll call for any Seaview cruises and very few reviews. Thanks for this thread. Lenore Krivo lkrivo@comcast.net

MSC Seaview is a brand new ship (christened June 2018) but there are quite some videos uploaded on YouTube. Some videos are in foreign language but the video speaks for itself. Example of 1h 49min ship tour of MSC Seaview -- Link

Enjoy.

Ah, I know, the photos are a bit misleading. They've either been taken very early (the kids get up with the sun [emoji849]) or when the majority are off exploring (we've been to these parts a fair few times so we've just got off and had a bit of a wander and had a lot more time on the ship than normal).

The sofa-bed is closed back up every morning so the cabin becomes a lot more spacious again. I suspect a lot of balcony cabins might not have the same awkwardness as ours. We've got 14262 right at the back and the layout seems to be a bit different. I've had a quick peek at our neighbours' while the door was open and the desk arrangement doesn't stretch as far as the sofa bed, so there might be more space to get past to the balcony.

I've taken a photo of the pool area as it is now to give a better idea of how busy it is and a bar and activity menu with prices. Hope they're helpful - I've relied on this forum so much for a few years so it's nice to be able to give some info back.

DSC_5715-1224x1632-306x408.JPG.067b7b9be031d8366b62e42eb933da39.JPG

DSC_5716-1224x1632-306x408.JPG.bf6bf9601f1cc9af139542c458056632.JPG

_20180731_105834-677x900-306x406.JPG.ea5f9a339936248e385b1f6de6d319c5.JPG

_20180731_085043-677x779-306x352.JPG.6867e563e638ffc34d570f971791c954.JPG

_20180731_162233-306x229.JPG.3c63b9cfeefdb39de5c83152148489b1.JPG

Thanks again for that info and pics, so helpful. I'm glad we don't have to keep climbing over the sofabed lol. The ship looks gorgeous and we cannot wait to go! I think we will also purchase a fun pass as I'm sure it will be a more economically viable option if we intend to use the facilities. Even though our son will be 17 when we go (and us considerably older!) we still intend to partake in all the activities.

We are in an Aurea balcony cabin. MSC call it a suite but it's not really - it's just a slightly bigger cabin with a slightly bigger bathroom. We are at the aft so have a huge wraparound balcony though which is great - amazing views. We received the all inclusive drinks package, thermal area access and 2 massages as part of the Aurea experience. And access to a bar area/sunlounge area with hot tubs on deck 19 that's for Aurea and Wellness guests. It's nice but the kids are in the aqua park a lot so we stay near there and haven't used deck 19 much.

We didn't buy a fun pass (not entirely sure why as it would have made sense). But, as it turns out, the kids club have taken the kids to the 4D cinema and my (tall) 7 year old is too small for the formula one car. My 9 year old loves the zip wire though and has been on it 3 times. Barely any queue each time.

The sofa-bed turns into a bed but I think there are some cabins with bunks instead. I'll post a picture in a bit.

Hi. I always think it's really difficult to say about food as it's so subjective. For example my husband was delighted to find baby octopus at the buffet whereas I wouldn't eat that even if I was paid to. [emoji23] I'm not crazy about the food on MSC but that's because I don't eat a lot of meat or fish and I really love rich, spicy food like Indian and Asian. That said, I've mainly liked what I have eaten. And of course the pizza is great!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I always think it's really difficult to say about food as it's so subjective. For example my husband was delighted to find baby octopus at the buffet whereas I wouldn't eat that even if I was paid to. [emoji23] I'm not crazy about the food on MSC but that's because I don't eat a lot of meat or fish and I really love rich, spicy food like Indian and Asian. That said, I've mainly liked what I have eaten. And of course the pizza is great!

This is a great comment. Lots of people say the food is not as good as other mass market cruises but haven't really explained how. The Asian food is usually the best in the buffet as it stays fresh well and unlike a chunk of meat doesn't get overcooked. Is the other thing just less variety?

How were the salads?

• 2 months later...

We sailed on the MSC Seaview this summer and had a great cruise. The food was excellent in the buffet with lots of variety, both for lunch and dinner. As we were in YC we didn't dine in the main dining room but our friends who sailed in a balcony cabin said that the food was good. And compared to our last cruise on RCCL, the Jewel Of The Seas the buffet was far better on the MSC Seaview without doubt. I highly recommend to try the Asian Market Speciality Restaurant as well. Great food and service. 

Enjoy your cruise on the impressive MSC Seaview 👍 

Here is my video from our cruise :

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73
  • Like 1

We left Seaview on Friday, also sailing in the Yacht Club, food both in the restaurant and the pool bar area was excellent, the only aspect of our cruise that was a disappointment was the Asian restaurant, we had our black card meal and apart from the crab cakes to start the rest was very poor and required the intervention of the Maitre D, one tuna was OK, the other was very overcooked but both served at the same time, we both ordered souffle and they were served within 1 minute?????? , it cant be done, we received chocolate fondant.

Overall 99% for the overall trip but a very poor experience in the specialty restaurant

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm planning my shore excursions for April 2019.  On my fifth day's port in Civitavecchia (Rome), the arrival time is 7am.  What time can I expect to leave the ship and get on the cruise's bus to Rome?  What time did you arrive in Rome?  How is the line at St. Peter's to get in for some photos?  Is it better to just walk with kids or try to catch a taxi since we have a limited amount of time to get back to the bus before the ship leaves?  We are doing the self tour excursion which is stated to be 9 hours, (round trip bus takes up about 3 to 4 hours already) so the actual tour of the city is about 5 hours.  Which landmark is the most crowded and should be done first.Day 4 Rome Walking Tour 1.pdf

• 2 months later...

Hopefully the OP is still looking at this and will answer questions!  I'm curious about the dinner seatings.  We have a late seating but have been told it can be between 7:45 and 9:30 and we won't know till we are onboard.   9:30 is way too late for me to eat!  Any idea how that worked?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, cntrydncr1 said:

Hopefully the OP is still looking at this and will answer questions!  I'm curious about the dinner seatings.  We have a late seating but have been told it can be between 7:45 and 9:30 and we won't know till we are onboard.   9:30 is way too late for me to eat!  Any idea how that worked?  Thanks!

Just go on the first arrival to the maitre 'd and ask for 7.45. They will tell you this is a problem, but keep on telling them that you have a major problem with eating that late...and they will change the setting.

• Like 1