C&A program outdated?

I have also said that Suite passengers deserve an exclusive nicer lounge especially when suite prices are at a premium on Harmony etc.

I was replying to Don Pedro who mentioned RC not daring to demote C&A members.

My point was having 2 lounges 1 of which is shared with Suite Guests and Pinnacles.on most ships it is in effect a demotion when they change a lounge name and Allow D+ only access to 1 lounge whilst Suite passengers and Pinnacles still have access to 2 lounges.

Suite Guest, unless they are also Diamond or above, are not supposed to have access to the DL, according to most.

We are Diamond and seldom find the need for more than one lounge. I can tell you, the CL’s we’re becoming too crowded, loaded with many D+. We appreciate the Suite Lounge.

It sure seems like it’s very important to you to have access to both the DL/SL. If so, book a Suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To take this logic further.

They changed the concierge Lounge to suite lounge so what is stopping them changing the diamond Lounge into a concierge lounge and then saying Diamonds were never allowed in a concierge Lounge.

Absolutely NOTHING. That’s the point. Royal makes it very clear, even to me, that they may change ANYTHING at ANYTIME to the CAS.

People need to understand that upfront. I think it’s a good program but would like it based off revenue instead nights.

There is then a possibility they might rename the DL into CL then say Diamonds were never allowed into the CL so they have taken the DL away from Diamonds which is basically what they have done with the SL concept.

I think this is pretty clear. You know this up front.

GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society[emoji768] Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. Membership may be terminated at our sole discretion for anyone appearing to be utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with its terms, conditions, or intent. To qualify as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you must have taken at least one eligible Royal Caribbean cruise. Program level accrual is based on the number of eligible cruise points earned per individual. Cruise Points will be accrued at the end of each completed sailing. Next tier benefits will be applied on the following sailing after point status has been earned. No next tier benefits shall be applied mid-cruise.

I dont see that happening any time soon. The crowding issue is only on select sailings of certain ships. Many ships never have crowds.

Avoid crowds by avoiding these itineraries.

Fall and winter cruises out of FL

Repositioning cruises

But then again some folks like crowds.

And some ships handle it very well and make temporary changes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Winter cruises out of FL is what New England winters were made for.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Forums mobile app

Suite Guest, unless they are also Diamond or above, are not supposed to have access to the DL, according to most.

We are Diamond and seldom find the need for more than one lounge. I can tell you, the CL’s we’re becoming too crowded, loaded with many D+. We appreciate the Suite Lounge.

It sure seems like it’s very important to you to have access to both the DL/SL. If so, book a Suite.

In the "now it can be told" department, the last couple trips before we hit Diamond, our little gold suite cards worked on the Diamond lounge door. ;)

You know they can change suites program as well. The current STAR class is not what it was originally advertised to be.

Absolutely. Just like closing down venues for groups onboard and refurbishments.

Recently, the trend has been to enhance the Suite Perks. The Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen is a great perk. Adding Suite Lounges to the Fleet is good too.

We prefer port intensive cruises because we can spend time in the ports and rarely spend much time in our cabins bar sleeping, eating a hot breakfast on our balcony or a cup of hot chocolate on the balcony before retiring at night.

A Suite would be a waste of money for us even though I could easily afford to cruise Suites every cruise but I always book a balcony or JS cabin because we like the outside space and wouldn't cruise in an inside cabin.

I rarely used the CL since becoming D+ preferring the DL but we stayed loyal to RC to D+ and the CL access option was an additional factor for this.

We are high tier on Princess and P&O and sailed on NCL 3 times so would have no hesitation sailing another cruiseline if RC treated us badly in removing benefits.

In the "now it can be told" department, the last couple trips before we hit Diamond, our little gold suite cards worked on the Diamond lounge door. ;)

As did ours but we were told here on CC that they did not or the door had to be broken. Worked on Enchantment and Serenade.

As did ours but we were told here on CC that they did not or the door had to be broken. Worked on Enchantment and Serenade.

We noticed Serenade's DL door to be similarly broken, as was Indy.

As far as the crowding issue that's been discussed, the magic bullet for us on that has been "Late Seating Dinner." Many an evening as 8pm drew near it was us, the Concierge, and the bartenders.

We noticed Serenade's DL door to be similarly broken, as was Indy.

As far as the crowding issue that's been discussed, the magic bullet for us on that has been "Late Seating Dinner." Many an evening as 8pm drew near it was us, the Concierge, and the bartenders.

It’s odd that Royal has so many broken doors to the DL. I wish I had tried it on more ships. Lol

We prefer port intensive cruises because we can spend time in the ports and rarely spend much time in our cabins bar sleeping, eating a hot breakfast on our balcony or a cup of hot chocolate on the balcony before retiring at night.

A Suite would be a waste of money for us even though I could easily afford to cruise Suites every cruise but I always book a balcony or JS cabin because we like the outside space and wouldn't cruise in an inside cabin.

I rarely used the CL since becoming D+ preferring the DL but we stayed loyal to RC to D+ and the CL access option was an additional factor for this.

We are high tier on Princess and P&O and sailed on NCL 3 times so would have no hesitation sailing another cruiseline if RC treated us badly in removing benefits.

Look, Royal had to do something. It was our experience on ships with CL’s, the lounge was being occupied and in some cases guarded by C&A members. On our 11 night Serenade cruise over Thanksgiving, it was at times impossible to get an early seat in the CL. Also, the stage was well guarded and clear to us, that it was reserved for certain members. It was loud at times, people trying to tell their cruise history over their neighbors. We actually didn’t spend much time in there because of the crowding. Royal did the right thing by creating the Suite Lounge.

When they first upgraded the clubs on Radiance class ships, RCI issued a second seapass card for the doors. The concierge explained there was some technical issue with programming the locks. My guess is they patched it to make it work.

When they first upgraded the clubs on Radiance class ships, RCI issued a second seapass card for the doors. The concierge explained there was some technical issue with programming the locks. My guess is they patched it to make it work.

Maybe that is the problem with RCI's website. IT is preoccupied fixing locks.

Look, Royal had to do something. It was our experience on ships with CL’s, the lounge was being occupied and in some cases guarded by C&A members. On our 11 night Serenade cruise over Thanksgiving, it was at times impossible to get an early seat in the CL. Also, the stage was well guarded and clear to us, that it was reserved for certain members. It was loud at times, people trying to tell their cruise history over their neighbors. We actually didn’t spend much time in there because of the crowding. Royal did the right thing by creating the Suite Lounge.

I understand your concerns and if I was a non Diamond in a Suite so couldn't use the DL it would pxxx me off too.

I have always preferred the DL since we became Diamond in 2011 and for full Suites they, like D+ should have access to both CL and DL.

I understand your concerns and if I was a non Diamond in a Suite so couldn't use the DL it would pxxx me off too.

I have always preferred the DL since we became Diamond in 2011 and for full Suites they, like D+ should have access to both CL and DL.

Why?

Hum... I thought D+ still had access to CL???

Serenade recently went through drydock and they left the CL.

Why?
In responding to Milwaukee Eight who said on one of his cruises in a Suite D+ had taken over the CL so Suite Guests couldn't get in or get a seat.

If I had paid the inflated price for a Suite and couldn't use the CL because it was full of non suite guests but wasn't D so couldn't use the DL I would expect the Concierge to get me a pass into the DL instead.

True, but I think the demographic is changing. Younger top tier travelers are not going to find a crowded lounge and well drinks to be a reason to maintain any sort of brand loyalty. I certainly don't feel any brand loyalty for that. I just wonder if it's a missed opportunity.

As a younger (only 30) cruiser who is two crusies away from diamond plus don't take away my free alcohol! That is seriously the only reason I haven't jumped ship to another cruise line.

Hum... I thought D+ still had access to CL???

Serenade recently went through drydock and they left the CL.

I was referring to Full Suites having access to a DL when the CL in your post was overrun by D+.

Yes there are still many CL for D+ member's to use.

No SL, or plans for one that I am aware of, on Radiance class. Status Quo remains.

As a younger (only 30) cruiser who is two crusies away from diamond plus don't take away my free alcohol! That is seriously the only reason I haven't jumped ship to another cruise line.

Wait, you're actually admitting your vacation plans are solely and entirely predicated on a couple free drinks....

Wow.

Wait, you're actually admitting your vacation plans are solely and entirely predicated on a couple free drinks....

Wow.

Well, let's do the math...Our last Disney cruise in May (we're platinum on Disney) was $3867 and our total Platinum perks were a beach bag and a bottle of Prosecco. We also dropped about $400 on drinks. Our last RCL cruise on Oasis in July was $2297, and our D+ perks included a bottle of Cabernet, two bottles of Heineken, and 4 bottles of water in our cabin when we boarded; two deliveries from the chef, free pictures, robes, upgraded bathroom amenities, a free dinner in 150 Central Park, a dedicated lounge, and we drank more than $400 worth of beer and wine, and spent a total of $15 on drinks for the week (DW bought me a Mai Tai).

So while our vacation choices aren't "are solely and entirely predicated on a couple free drinks", it doesn't take a genius to realize that saving more than $2,000 on a cruise and getting treated a bit special to boot (IMO, Disney could care less if we ever took another cruise - they've never sent a follow-up or "we missed you" in our entire history with them and they treat their first time cruisers and their top tier cruisers with the same disassociated behavior), getting the perks we get certainly makes the choice a lot easier to make.