Majestic or Solstice

Mrs Gut: look for something next December.

So comes down, I think, to Majestic Princess to Tas, 8 nights, or Solstice 9 nights to the Islands.

(Have a hold on Majestic, they seem much harder to get an accessible cabin)

Which should I go with?

Any opinions welcome.

Mrs Gut: look for something next December.

So comes down, I think, to Majestic Princess to Tas, 8 nights, or Solstice 9 nights to the Islands.

(Have a hold on Majestic, they seem much harder to get an accessible cabin)

Which should I go with?

Any opinions welcome.

Didn't you just go to Tassie? I'd go to the islands on Solstice, which gets good reviews, plus an extra night! Nice to see you having fun planning.

Didn't you just go to Tassie? I'd go to the islands on Solstice, which gets good reviews, plus an extra night! Nice to see you having fun planning.

Nah haven’t been to Tassie for about 18 months, going again in December, the fact that it’s Tassie won’t put Mrs G off.

Now that I need to look for an accessible cabin, I really have to book early, didn’t realise just how bad it was trying to get one.

Nah haven’t been to Tassie for about 18 months, going again in December, the fact that it’s Tassie won’t put Mrs G off.

Now that I need to look for an accessible cabin, I really have to book early, didn’t realise just how bad it was trying to get one.

I booked an inside cabin on my last cruise and was given an accessible cabin. What luxury, so much room. I wondered if they keep these cabins for passengers who need to book an accessible cabin, then allocate the cabin if there has been no booking for one. (I book late.)

I booked an inside cabin on my last cruise and was given an accessible cabin. What luxury, so much room. I wondered if they keep these cabins for passengers who need to book an accessible cabin, then allocate the cabin if there has been no booking for one. (I book late.)

Holding or not seems to vary by line. Most lines also reserve the right to move you if needed by someone needing the facilities, the issue there is, you go to book it shows no accessible cabins I doubt many people would ring to see if there is anyone who doesn’t need it.

I know a few who have had that happened although it does seem strange when people who want them cannot seem to get them.

They should have ironed the bugs out on the majestic by next December.

New ships seem to be unorganised and lack good staff.

An tassie is always good.

It is not so new after being in Asia for the season, just new to Aussie waters.:D

Plot thickens a little.

Majestic only shows one accessible balcony available and it’s way fore. So if we go that way might need to spend extra and get a mini suite.

Perhaps the solstice and checking out the WW2 historical sites on the islands then.

I know a few who have had that happened although it does seem strange when people who want them cannot seem to get them.

As I said I booked late (inside guarantee) and cruiselines don't want to cruise with empty cabins. I didn't realise it was an accessible cabin until I saw the size of the bathroom. Azamara Journey has a few accessible cabins from memory. The demand for assessable cabins may depend on the itinerary and ease of getting around in countries being visited.

As I said I booked late (inside guarantee) and cruiselines don't want to cruise with empty cabins. I didn't realise it was an accessible cabin until I saw the size of the bathroom. Azamara Journey has a few accessible cabins from memory. The demand for assessable cabins may depend on the itinerary and ease of getting around in countries being visited.

I think in some cases, like yours and such that it is simply moving people into the empty cabins but then many of the Accessible cabins seem to be booked up early, perhaps they get released again as people drop out or perhaps people who want these cabins need to contact the cruise line directly to get a hold onto them.

Some thoughts:

The balconies on the the Princess Royal class ships are very small.

I enjoyed Royal Princess, she has a lot of good points. Majestic has some of those good points but several differences, and I won't be on her until November either.

I like Solstice, she's a lovely ship with decent-sized balconies and bathrooms.

I would choose Solstice - 9 nights is better than 8 nights! :D

The downside is that Solstice is USD onboard whereas Majestic is AUD.

Why not go north instead Gut? I've just booked a PNG cruise ex Sydney on Noordam departing 7/12. HAL is our second favourite, after Celebrity, having cruised with them twice before.

Majestic Princess Accessible cabins can be hard to grab, particularly as the cabins which sleep 3 are not available for a couple, so I have found. Maybe you need to be wait-listed but that means a long wait possibly and no certainty.

On the second leg of our Majestic cruise our balcony cabin is M110 which is obstructed cabin as it has wrought iron railing, no glass due to the proximity to the bridge. For Dec 18 we booked Dec 17.

The only rider on the Pacific cruise is the risk or cyclones! In 1996 we spent our whole cruise trying to avoid them and the trip was somewhat rough. Having said that the ships back then were small and not so good - ours was the last of the Love Boats!

Why not go north instead Gut? I've just booked a PNG cruise ex Sydney on Noordam departing 7/12. HAL is our second favourite, after Celebrity, having cruised with them twice before.

I’ll have a look at that one PNG would be a nice change.

This year or next?

We are looking at something for Dec 2019 all I can find with HAL is Auckland one way or one that’s too early

There is likely historical sites for K up that way as well.