HALs Sitka and Ketchikan excursions

LMHCruise

Hi:

Anyone ever take the Rain Forest and Native-Style Canoe Adventure or the Orca Beach Rain forest Nature Trail with Holland in Ketchikan or the Sitka Wilderness Sea Kayaking..also with HAL?

Travelling with two kids ages 8 and 11 and these options look like they may work for all four of us.

Thanks!

My opinion on the Orca Beach walk is very high cost for what you get, at most it is a 1/2 mile walk looking at plants. At the cost x 4, not something I would ever recommend. On the other end of finances, there are some great walking opportunities from the dock, pick up a walking tour map at the dock visitor center if of interest.

In general kayaking in Alaska is just excellent. But Sitka too is an excellent walking city and I would suggest you may want to included the Sitka Heritage park (since you indicate Orca beach walk). http://www.nps.gov/sitk/index.htm

This is a wonderful level mile loop trail past totems. Purchase the cheap guide book explaining the totems. Easy walk from the tender dock. The Raptor Center may be of interest?? Close up views of raptors, worthy of the admission price. :)

Archived