Strategy for booking excursions

justin c

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Great strategy!

We have just prioritized the excursions we want, based on past experience, people talking about them filling up, etc.   If there is one or two that are very popular, we will just complete the transaction for those immediately and be done in a minute and then go back to the lesser priority ones, where there is more time.  Also helps to have a laptop and have your credit card info in a document file with the number already in copy/paste mode.  It can be quite quick!

We don't use the Wish List. We work from a spreadsheet I've set up in which we each record our excursion preferences by date and time. When it's time to book, I filter the sheet to show all our final priority 1s, print it out, and we work from it while parked in front of one of our computers. The whole booking process takes at most 30 minutes. Depends on whether I do it alone or we sit together doing it -- with the usual chit chat, it can take longer. 😉

Edited by CharTrav

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Why not do both?  Wishlist *and* spreadsheet.

You're right. We do. Just not as part of our selection process. We use the spreadsheet along with the consolidated excursion report you know I make up and share with everybody to finalize our choices. When we have our choices finalized, usually well before the booking window opens, I completely populate our wish list. When the booking window opens,  the booking process itself is quite straight forward and efficient. Unless we hit a conflict. Which hasn't happened the last two times. 

On 3/9/2019 at 4:21 PM, Kylie said:

Is there away to know how long we are in each port on Viking Homeland?   Thinking about filling in some time with tours we book ourselves or HOHO.

Look at the itinerary provided on your Guest Statement/Invoice. Also provided in MVJ. 

14 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Look at the itinerary provided on your Guest Statement/Invoice. Also provided in MVJ. 

Let me amend what I said about  MVJ. It's not part of the area labeled Itinerary. Open My Account. It's listed there. It's part of My Journey Details. I happened to find it the other day. It's not obvious for sure. 🙄

LORDY! I am already feeling stressed about getting excursions! I can feel my jaw tightening...

I just have to keep reminding myself that its the journey not the destination.  I'll be traveling with people I love, and seeing beautiful new things, and meeting wonderful new friends whatever happens!

All shall be well.

All SHALL be well.

All manner of things shall be well.

~ Julian of Norwich

• 2 years later...
On 7/30/2018 at 9:35 AM, pask said:

Go to My VIking Journey and add all the excursions that you want to your wish list. Then on the day that you can actually book you just move them to your cart and pay for them all at once.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I looked at the website. How to you create a wish list?

• 3 weeks later...

Questions:

1. There are 4 of us traveling together.  Can anyone of us make reservations for all 4? We are in 2 DV staterooms.

2. We are on Viking Homelands cruise June 20,2023 and really want the Flam Railway excursion out of Eidefjord.  Is it likely to be available to DV passengers if we book the moment we are allowed.

3. If sold out, how likely is it we will be able to get it once on board?

Thanks for any information!

• 11 months later...
On 7/30/2018 at 9:35 AM, pask said:

Go to My VIking Journey and add all the excursions that you want to your wish list. Then on the day that you can actually book you just move them to your cart and pay for them all at once.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't see a wish list?  Where is it??

8 minutes ago, susanb0424 said:

I don't see a wish list?  Where is it??

They haven’t had the wish list in years!  And when they did, you couldn’t book from it anyway, which is probably why they did away with it.

1 minute ago, SantaFe1 said:

They haven’t had the wish list in years!  And when they did, you couldn’t book from it anyway, which is probably why they did away with it.

If I recall, they did away with the wishlist before covid.