Military credit

We used a military discount very recently. We initially booked without it and when I realized that I went online and checked the rates to see if it would even be worth calling about, and it definitely was. We ended up getting an oceanview balcony room for less than the price of an interior room.

I just double checked the rates for our cruise, and a balcony room is $1950 with the military discount and $2250 without.

Where do you check the rate for the military discount?

I am also a veteran and always look for a military discount. I agree with all the others that have said they are either very, very few, or basically non existent. AND it is just not limited to RCCL. Almost all the cruise lines advertise that they give military discounts but few ever do. As was said, the only one that does is Princess and funny thing, they really don't make a big deal of it in advertising. I believe they give $250 OBC for any cruise 7 days or longer. Tip of the cap to them. They put their money where their mouths are and do honor us veterans. Funny though, Carnival, the parent company of Princess, does squat. They all talk the talk but few walk the walk.

Cheers

Len

• 6 months later...

Just to be clear, To get the Military rate all you have to do is make sure at check in you show your proper paperwork or ID, correct?  Theres no need to send in copies to cruise line before time?

6 minutes ago, mondsd said:

Just to be clear, To get the Military rate all you have to do is make sure at check in you show your proper paperwork or ID, correct?  Theres no need to send in copies to cruise line before time?

Always have it with me, though they never checked it

7 hours ago, mondsd said:

Correct,  nothing to send in advance.

• Like 1

I've yet to see a military rate on RCL, especially with their BOGO pricing and C&A balcony discount.  Celebrity seems to use it more often especially 5-6 months out for slow moving sailings.

1 minute ago, Wine-O said:

I've yet to see a military rate on RCL, especially with their BOGO pricing and C&A balcony discount.  Celebrity seems to use it more often especially 5-6 months out for slow moving sailings.

I agree, it seems that I rarely see Senior or Residency discounts anymore either. 

How do you check to see a military discount is available on a cruise?  I know years ago there was an option to select when booking a cruise, but haven't seen that available in quite a long time.  Also, is there any way to search for cruises that are offering state/military/senior discounts?  Thanks

14 minutes ago, WI-Cruiser said:

How do you check to see a military discount is available on a cruise?  I know years ago there was an option to select when booking a cruise, but haven't seen that available in quite a long time.  Also, is there any way to search for cruises that are offering state/military/senior discounts?  Thanks

Basically you have to look at the price with Military discount checked and unchecked. 

There's no way to search using Royal's improved website.  Perhaps you could find those discount contacting a travel agent, or using a travel agent website.

13 minutes ago, WI-Cruiser said:

Hmmm, I haven't seen any Military Discount block to check on any of the cruises I've looked at.  Assuming that means there is no military discount for that cruise?  Hate the way they keep 'improving' things.

You first have to click on a small link called "See if you quality for exclusive rates" on the same page as where you select the number of guests in the stateroom.

9 hours ago, mondsd said:

Correct.  I just show them at the pier my military retiree ID card.

• Like 1