Parking Southampton

castlebaycruisers

Hello,

Apologies if this question as been asked before, but has anyone used Airlynx Park and Ride Wrens Farm Southampton?. We are sailing on the Queen Victoria June 2019 and will be travelling to Southampton from the North East the day before sail date and will probably stay overnight around the Oxford area.

Another alternative would be to do the Cruise-Stay-Park at one of the hotels, any recommendations would be greatefully accepted.

Thank you

We have always used CPS when leaving and returning to Southampton and they are very good. I imagine they are the most expensive but you just rock up with your car night next to the ship, hop out, unload you bags and that's it done. Then when you get back you walk to their cabin/hut thing, collect your keys and away you go. No taxis, shuttles or hanging around.

We used parkin4cruises for 99 night World cruise with P&O and they were excellent. Car park is just opposite the cruise terminal , short stay but the company remove your car to secure parking. Excellent service and half the price of CPS. Tina

• 9 months later...

Arrived on 27/4/19 and parked in the centre of the  secure compound.  When the minibus arrived it was a free for all, people who had just arrived got on by jumping the queue, everyone else including elderly and disabled were left.

Spoke to Airlynx man in the office but he had no idea when the next bus would arrive and remained in the office. It was 40 minutes before we got onto a bus and 40 minutes to the docks.

When we returned a week later my car had been moved and was now in a corner of the compound. It was covered in water marks and tree debris

The rear nearside door had been scratched. The Airlynx representative took a photo and said someone would contact me but no-one did.

I reviewed the footage on my dash cam when I got home and saw that on several occasions the car was moved and left unattended with the keys easily accessible - I don’t want to say exactly where as this information would be useful to criminals.

My car was moved outside the secure compound to an area just inside the front gate and left there for 5 days. Again the keys were accessible on one occasion for more than an hour. The day before I returned it was moved back to the compound.         

Airlynx spent 2 minutes hosing down my car the day before I returned but leaving it covered in hard water residue 

After several emails back and forth to the CEO I was reimbursed for the cost of cleaning and repairing my car. 

He stated that all the issues I raised were part of the company’s normal procedures which I find a bit concerning.... my car could have been stolen.....

I booked this parking with Holiday Extras, who did not state the name of the parking provider. They had no hesitation in giving me a full refund

We have used Parking4cruises for a number of years and can vouch for their security,  A couple of years ago we left our car with them on Easter Sunday before an overnight flight from Heathrow. It was arranged for us to drop the car off at their compound and then they took us to the coach station for the transfer to Heathrow as there were no sailings into Southampton.

The compound is very secure and is secured 24 hours. When we left the car for 3 months last year they checked the battery and hosed the car down.  We will continue to use them and always recommend them to friends.

Complimentary parking is one of the offers on shorter sailings as an alternative to OBC.or a coach return.  It is not an option on exotic or world voyages as far as I am aware.  Regular users at Parking4cruises get a discount code.

On 8/4/2018 at 4:25 PM, castlebaycruisers said:

Hello,

Apologies if this question as been asked before, but has anyone used Airlynx Park and Ride Wrens Farm Southampton?. We are sailing on the Queen Victoria June 2019 and will be travelling to Southampton from the North East the day before sail date and will probably stay overnight around the Oxford area.

Another alternative would be to do the Cruise-Stay-Park at one of the hotels, any recommendations would be greatefully accepted.

Thank you

Park & Stay

https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-at-the-ageas-bowl-southampton-SOUAGHI/about/park-and-stay.html

Book the Exec Floor - Balcony with Chairs, Pitch view, Free alcholic drinks and nibbles every evening in dedicated Lounge, bottled soft drinks and coffees 24 hours, dressing gowns and slippers, secure parking, you keep your keys, private taxi to port and return.

If just parking, then another vote for Parking4Cruises 

Addendum.  Drop off your luggage, a short drive to drop off point opposite Terminal, short walk back to terminal. P4C keep your keys. Simples.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Addendum

Cruise park in Southampton is a small brilliantly run business its impossible to beat 

Your car is safe in a large warehouse ...you are taxied to and from the cruise port we and friends have used them several times and their service is immaculate 

2 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Cruise park in Southampton is a small brilliantly run business its impossible to beat 

Your car is safe in a large warehouse ...you are taxied to and from the cruise port we and friends have used them several times and their service is immaculate 

Do not understand why there is an extra surcharge on parking if you keep your keys. On a future cruise for 12 nts parking they quote me £99 if I leave my keys and £120 if I take them with me. Dont understand the extra surcharge and leads me to think thsat they might move your car around whilst away on your cruise if you leave keys with them.

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Do not understand why there is an extra surcharge on parking if you keep your keys. On a future cruise for 12 nts parking they quote me £99 if I leave my keys and £120 if I take them with me. Dont understand the extra surcharge and leads me to think thsat they might move your car around whilst away on your cruise if you leave keys with them.

The cheapest parking was mentioned on CC some time ago.

Park on my Drive

You retain your keys

Have never used.

58 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Do not want the cheapest as cheapest isnt always the best but just dont understand why there is a surcharge for keeping your keys over those that leave them.

If they take your keys, they can park your car bumper to bumper with other cars, fitting in a far greater number of cars into a given area, then if you park your car in a parking space and keep the keys yourself.

48 minutes ago, NavyPanda said:

If they take your keys, they can park your car bumper to bumper with other cars, fitting in a far greater number of cars into a given area, then if you park your car in a parking space and keep the keys yourself.

I have e-mailed to ask the question and they say they have limited space where you can park your car and take your keys. If you leave your keys they may move your car around during your cruise so it is easily accessible for you on your return.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, majortom10 said:

We have used Cruise park several times as have friends its a husband and wife team who are truly incredible ...not a mark or scratch on our car or mileage