DWTS Fall 2018, Dresses and more...

HI all!

shipgeeks ~ that's funny!!Hope he finds something suitable before your next cruise.;)

Did anybody watch the youngsters last night? I didn't as my company didn't leave until 8:30.

Looking forward to DWTS tonight, most memorable night which is often a tearjerker. Another tearjerker returns tonight, Long Lost Family, I love that show but DH has to get a paper towel while watching, while a kleenex is enough for me.

Have a great week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Looking forward to DWTS tonight, most memorable night which is often a tearjerker.

It's usually my favorite episode except sometimes I feel sorry for the younger dancers who don't have as much life experience to go on. That's not always true though, like in the case of Bindi Irwin.

I liked both Erin's and Carrie Ann's dresses on the Monday show. Although Erin's was once again plain, the velvet fabric gave it a little extra to the dress. I liked the dress Mary Lou Retton wore.

Not surprised who went home although I think there was a worse dancer who should have gone.

Hi all!

Nice to be back!

I watched the young people Sunday night & really enjoyed the show. It was nice to see the judges & coaches interact with the kids.

I absolutely hated Erin's dress last night, what an awful tight white thing! Enjoyed the show though.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I didn't get to post last week since the site was down, but I liked both Carrie Ann and Erin's dresses.  They must have coordinated since they both had dark green off-the-shoulder gowns and dangly earrings.  I wish I could have seen all of Carrie Ann's dress but I liked the velvet and long slit in Erin's dress.

This week I didn't care for the dresses very much.  Erin's white dress and slicked back hair made her upper body look big and her head look small.   I haven't decided what I think about Carrie Ann's dress yet.  It was different and pretty but...I just don't know.  

And why, why, why is that Bachelor guy still there??  He should have gone home three weeks ago. :classic_angry:

I didn't like Erin's dress either.  What I could see of Carrie Ann's looked very pretty.  A little too low cut for my tastes, but......

Definitely not the right person went home.  Several who are worse (much worse) dancers.  It's very disappointing to me that so often people vote by popularity and not dancing skill.

But then, I never vote, so?

I agree about Erin's dress.  What were those things all over the top??  Not real fond of Carrie Ann's dress.  Originally I did not care for the color but after looking at the whole dress I did not like the sleeves nor the flounces at the bottom.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6282055/Carrie-Ann-Inaba-50-wears-plunging-ballgown-Dancing-Stars.html

Hi all!

Well, I half watched the show as usual & thought Erin's dress strange. Carrie Ann's looked like it might have been nice had we seen more of it. The best part of the show for me is hearing people's stories. The little guy was cute.

I hated to see one of my fav's in the bottom 2!

~ Jo ~ 😊

3 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Well, I half watched the show as usual & thought Erin's dress strange. Carrie Ann's looked like it might have been nice had we seen more of it. The best part of the show for me is hearing people's stories. The little guy was cute.

I hated to see one of my fav's in the bottom 2!

~ Jo ~ 😊

I'm not convinced that they actually were the bottom two.  Since they weren't sending anyone home, they could have put anyone in jeopardy.  I think the powers that be want those particular people to stay, so by saying that they were in jeopardy, they'll probably get a little extra voting help.  (This is all conjecture, of course.)

I liked Erin's dress and her flowing hair.  I thought the strapless style that wasn't super; low cut was flattering for her and it was nice to see a softer style on her.  I can't remember much about Carrie Ann's dress except I think it had a strange cut out at her cleavage?  Or maybe that was some other night.

I am very glad the two who were supposedly in the bottom were not sent home.  I get very irritated when the worst dancers survive night after night.

18 hours ago, elycelynne said:

I'm not convinced that they actually were the bottom two.  Since they weren't sending anyone home, they could have put anyone in jeopardy.  I think the powers that be want those particular people to stay, so by saying that they were in jeopardy, they'll probably get a little extra voting help.  (This is all conjecture, of course.)

I agree.  I think the producers did that just to create excitement, which to me is manipulative.  If that Bachelor guy sticks around another week, I will be mad.  

I liked what I could see of Carrie Ann's dress.  Erin's dress was a bit off - kind of 70-ish.  She looked pretty though.  Disney week is one of my favorites.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Wasn't impressed with either of the dresses, but I get that they were in the Halloween theme.  The stark black hairdo on Carrie Ann was not a good look, and Erin's hair was too plain.

Once again the worst dancers weren't even in the bottom two, and a good dancer went home.  Why is Grocery Store Joe still here?  Seems like a nice guy, but....

Hi all!

I really enjoyed the show last night except for the long pause to find out who was going home!!

I liked both dresses although I thought Erin's made her look sort of broad.

I liked the romance & vulnerability of some of the dancers too.  Maybe there'll be another wedding come out of the show!!

I'm leaving in a few days for a 2 week cruise so no  DWTS for me. Hope the best ones stick around!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Some good dances this week.  Halloween week is fun.

Erin's dress was pretty and looked somewhat Halloween-ish but I didn't like the straight hair parted down the middle.  She needs something softer.  I liked Carrie Ann's Morticia Addams outfit.  I didn't recognize her when she first came down the stairs.  :classic_smile:

Why is the Bachelor guy still on the show???  It makes me mad every week when someone better goes home instead of him.

22 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Maybe there'll be another wedding come out of the show!!

Maybe but I didn't like the way the producers put Alan on the spot that way.  He was obviously uncomfortable.  If romance happens, it will happen but don't try to force it for TV ratings.  It's DWTS, not the Bachelor.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I don't care for jumpsuits in general, but she can wear one well.  What I could see of Carrie Ann's dress was lovely.

Double eliminations, how I hate them!  And once again the worst dancer stays on.  Neither of the two voted off were among the top dancers, but not the worst either.

Who keeps voting for Joe???  Grrrrr!

Hasn't Erin worn that jumpsuit before?  It looked a lot like other jumpsuits she's worn.  I liked the color of Carrie Ann's dress but when she stood up at the end, I didn't think it was very flattering.  One of those dresses that shows every bulge (the kind I try really hard to avoid). 

I enjoyed the country music and dances.  John's story was sad.  I hope he can reunite with his children.  I wonder if they thought he was just looking for sympathy votes, but he seemed sincere to me.

I finally watched the show (OK, I fast forwarded through the boring parts).  Although I am not a fan of jumpsuits, I thought Erin's looked great.  I liked the top of Carrie Ann's dress but I don't understand why people like skin-tight clothes.