Halloween decorations in October

kimlovesfl

We are sailing on the Equinox October 15-23, and I was wondering if the ship would be decorated for Halloween. I LOVE Halloween, and we live in Orlando, where it's a pretty big deal, and it would be nice to see Halloween stuff on the ship.

It's been a few years, but we've sailed on Celebrity on Halloween. The staff/crew had a fun costume party for passengers that evening (I was amazed at the elaborate costumes that some passengers had brought on board!), and there were some decorations on the ship, but it was certainly not a big deal the way I imagine sailing during the December holidays/New Year's would be. A number of guests did decorate their cabin doors, many pretty elaborately.

I doubt you'll see any Halloween decorations put up by the ship as early as your cruise, but enjoy your sailing!

We sailed on the Equinox Caribbean Itinerary last year over Halloween, and they decorated the grand foyer completely. Some really amazing carvings. Plus there was a huge dance party on the pool deck with many people dressed up in very elaborate costumes, including a huge Tyrannosaurus Rex (blow up costume). They had a costume contest that evening. There were two very large groups dressed up as minions, and another 101 dalmatians with Qruella. It was a great evening.

We sailed on the Equinox Caribbean Itinerary last year over Halloween, and they decorated the grand foyer completely. Some really amazing carvings. Plus there was a huge dance party on the pool deck with many people dressed up in very elaborate costumes, including a huge Tyrannosaurus Rex (blow up costume). They had a costume contest that evening. There were two very large groups dressed up as minions, and another 101 dalmatians with Qruella. It was a great evening.

Was on the same cruise - it was great! But remember, the OP is not onboard on Halloween. If my memory serves, the decorations did not get put up until a couple of days before Halloween, and some not until the day of. To answer their specific question, I doubt there will be decorations that early in October.

Was on the same cruise - it was great! But remember, the OP is not onboard on Halloween. If my memory serves, the decorations did not get put up until a couple of days before Halloween, and some not until the day of. To answer their specific question, I doubt there will be decorations that early in October.

True! Pretty sure they went up and down within a couple days.

I am so glad to here this, I will be on the Eclipse on Halloween this year!

It was so much fun! We are not costume people, but there were some great outfits. Wear one or not, whatever your preference. I would guess maybe 10-20% of people dressed up in some way. But make sure to go to the party - it's a hoot!

The Gringe has arrived. Because of the retail marketing of the large department stores Halloween is to a slight degree appearing down under. About 6 or 7 years ago one of the major cut price retail stores in NZ started pushing this event. As the years have gone by this and other department stores are cutting back on their merchandise as they generally have to cut price it to get rid of the stock. I must admit to buying some costumes post Halloween for other event at around 50% discount.

The idea of kids rocking up to strangers front doors expecting sweets is very foreign to us and in my view should be discouraged. We identify as being Halloween gringes to stop this practice.

But you Yanks enjoy it so good on ya, just don't come knocking on my door looking for sweeties. We will also be on the Eclipse over Halloween