Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

...... and having had some tea and cake in the lounge ...

1239bfe82253391274e6b0669095f8a3.jpg

back to the suite and a knock on the door and some more birthday cake for wifey with a lovely personal note from the hotel GM ...

54b48c924a50a9a5d42a54807792a4d0.jpg

Have a great afternoon all ...... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Great pics J! Looks like a wonderful day!

YES!! Appreciate these nice pictures, details and follow-ups from Jeff for the fun in Vienna and nearby. Keep up the great sharing!! Have always loved Vienna from our two times visiting in this historic and classic capital of the former Empire.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.! Just completed a Jan. 21-Feb. 20, 2018, first adventure through Southeast Asia with stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before traveling all over Vietnam and Cambodia. This includes seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 35,378 views. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! See more at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

It’s Happy Hour!

Wifey’s Birthday was greeted with a box of Mozart Kugeln from the lovely Club Lounge Manager ....... and I think I might be way ahead of my mission to drink the hotel dry of Grüner!

The hotel reckon that this is our 50th visit to the hotel. You think they’d be fed up with us by now. [emoji4]

0d8c3da6b7baabec3b54b44c3fabc7af.jpg

1ee6acccf7dc41eaa53a448064b453d5.jpg

M, you are lucky that is is just leaves .... here it is raining very large horse chestnuts / conkers!

Thanks JP .. I bet you are sorry your trip has come to an end.

Yesterday we drank far too much but managed some late night cocktails in lovely bar. Made some new friends and although all our cocktails are being met with a generous F&B complimentary credit, the bar man treated us to a couple of glasses of champers to celebrate our birthdays ...

7f28a384db2bc44f25872d1e4ccd56de.jpg

45110d46823fa5948df63c2a81a12408.jpg

2a9518f504fb0e65a0f5869cefd53053.jpg

7aece392459900e0e4691553f46d5cd6.jpg

67b645dcfa7395a0db223c532f337028.jpg

c56073b06081f57580210de4fb234fea.jpg

And for lunch today we went back to The Swiss House in Prater for some beer and schnitzels .... lovely sunny warm day ...

81f235c590491b5f28855464d7e940cc.jpg

06cdda11d17706ae2bc868a85fdd27a5.jpg

d55e53cb45972f4de21534dbc187970c.jpg

....and our new Viennese drinking buddy in the bar ...

91504a0ae52a4dd67da860c6ad2db473.jpg

.....and the park train ...

ed7dbe7830d495f4e85bef43b9f382c1.jpg

And last nights sunset from the lounge ...

17a2c50ce016322dc7930074b154809c.jpg

Raining conkers? Oh My! What do the conker puddles look like? :)

That looks like my idea of a wonderful birthday celebration!

We are going out to dinner for schnitzel tonight. I think it is the only place in town that does them. And it is not licensed. Yours looks delicious!

Evening.....trying to catch up!

Good to know JP and Chris are home safe having had a wonderful adventure again...l do admire their spirit.

Jeffers....why only pics of Mrs J....tis maybe time for her to turn the camera around...🙈🤨

Trip to the coast was a challenge....gale force winds all the way up and torrential rain all the way back with flooding on the roads...didn’t stop my good old friend and l stopping off at two of our favourite boutiques....😜

Sadly the hotel didn’t come up to par this time...service was abysmal and the suite in need of some TLC.....one wonders how much can change in just a year.

The concert however was amazing as was the after show party....so one mustn’t grumble.....we enjoyed it all very much....the venue however was a let down with the organisation for disabled folk....they had double booked so many people didn’t get to see the show.....l found one very sad lady crying during the interval having been told that she could be a potential fire hazard in her wheelchair so she’d sat outside for the first half.....suffice to say that l made sure she saw the second half by giving up my seat for her....it took a lot of organising by the on site “management “ who had previously stated ‘they’ couldn’t be responsible......

The said lady took my seat with great difficulty but made it and had a ball......the management thanked me profusely......guess l got them “off the hook” but not before having my say!!

As for myself.....l ordered two large vodkas whilst sat in the bar watching the second half on the in house television........and as ‘they’ say....”That’s Life”.....

S😊

Miss S., so glad you enjoyed the concert part of the weekend! Brava for taking care of the poor woman who was in such distress! The world needs more warriors like you! Sorry to hear about the weather challenges and the disappointing hotel experience though.

Looks like your having a great time Jeff.

Miss S, I’m sorry the Imp wasn’t up to scratch. How was the Osbourne?

Glad you had a great time though. Venue Cymru are appalling. Apart from a few (over)paid staff that are rarely there, they run the place on volunteers that are happy to work in exchange for a meal and watching a show. I’ve had issues there before now at times. Anyway i’ve Heard our Jane was on top form. I’m not jealous at all.

M, how was the Schnitzel?

Thanks for asking DW! :) It was delicious! Huge though. It actually hung over the sides of the dinner plate! The diameter was about 30 cm. I could barely eat half of it. Leftovers are in the fridge. I'm pretty sure they won't be there long! :) Restaurant was not licensed. We have ridiculous liquor laws and regulations here. We had something called Kvas. It is a fermented rye drink that tastes like a second cousin once removed of a dark ale except with no alcohol content. It was interesting!

Unfortunately not DW! If the establishment is not licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario no alcohol is allowed on the premises. We live in a very old-fashioned small "c" conservative province. They do their damnedest to save us from ourselves. Losing battle on all fronts!

Good Morning all from our last morning in lovely Vienna. Booked in for the evening flight back to blighty and Blacklane hopefully arriving here late afternoon to pick us up and hopefully Mike the Merc will meet as as we land at get us home quickly. I’d really like a blazing fire this evening with a bacon and chip sandwich. :)

Soapy, that is all so bad. You look forward to seeing your friends performance all year and I know that you book the best suite to make it a perfect trip. Your sacrifice at the concert was heroic and it saya so much of you. No compensation, but `i do so hope the venue made a suitable gesture although the way things are these days ......

M glad you schnitzeled well. And sorry that Canadia left you Dry!

Dave, the trip really couldn’t have been bettered. Our treatment here at the hotel was a text book example of how a 5* hotel treats it’s loyal customers in the way that they aspire to. I might write a bit more detail after I return in a day or two.

I’m letting wifey have a sleep in this morning .... I don’t have the heart to wake her yet ...