Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Thanks for good wishes.

This trip is for me to learn about my family.

I was adopted at birth.

I now know so much more about the genetic family.

Frankly, those people who brought me up and showered me with love, affection and guidance will always be my true parents. I love them eternally for so many reasons. One is that they were told I would be mentally handicapped based on my heritage. That didn't dissuade them, they still loved me and wanted me.

Now I need to know my relatives and where I came from, other than just being told I was adopted. I have uncovered such incredible information, and I want to share this and the struggles to assimilate into another country.

The stay in Athens precedes the trip to Samos, where I have connected with blood relatives. I will be in Athens four days before I venture to the island where my grandmother was born.

Yes, this is an adventure. I can't explain the emotions.

I will document it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Spins, adding my good wishes as well. Sounds like this is going to a wonderful (albeit a bit overwhelming)

trip. I do hope it brings you everything you are looking for:)….safe travels too!!!

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary Spins and Spin Doctor! Enjoy reminiscing about all the good times and many more to come.

Cute funny, M. Cats do indeed have servants, not owners. And don't they know it!

Four weeks from today, we will be landing in London to start another adventure. Lots of work before then. But close enough now that I can feel it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Happy day, everyone. My first foray into Part 5 of the cooler and it's already close to 60 posts!

I happily spent yesterday celebrating my big 'six-oh', and next week DH and I will be celebrating our (stops to count on fingers, gives up and uses calculator) 36th wedding anniversary. We've actually been together since 1977, but we didn't make it official until '82. He still thinks of me as 18 years old, so I think I'll keep him. (Although I'm sure he has some moments when he does the 'About Schmidt' thing where Jack Nicholson looks at his wife and wonders what happened.)

I'm a bit envious of everyone who is planning for their soon upcoming cruises.

Spins: Your upcoming trip sounds so exciting, and yet somehow daunting. I wish you every happiness as you discover your roots.

We still have 135 days before boarding the Whisper for our Panama canal cruise, but I do have a question for any coolers who might be familiar with Fort Lauderdale hotels. We're planning to fly in a couple of days early (winter, caution due to storms etc.), and I've read about some water taxi tours that we might take on our extra day there to fill the day. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels that are close to where we'll embark onto the Whisper, that might also have easy access to these water taxi tours? My husband is a 'foodie', so access to good restaurants would also be a bonus. Thanks for any insights anyone can offer.

Mysty: isn't EVERY day cat day? (it is according to the felines I've known)

I hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Stumblefoot, LOL. Chris has paid way more dues than I ever could...

MLeh, check out the Hyatt at Pier 66. I've stayed there but not for cruise embarkation. But it looks to be close to the cruise ship pier. Someone correct me if I was hallucinating.

Edited to add: I just looked and apparently it's not a Hyatt any more but the hotel itself is still there.

And yes, every day is cat day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Edited by jpalbny

Happy day, everyone. My first foray into Part 5 of the cooler and it's already close to 60 posts!

I happily spent yesterday celebrating my big 'six-oh', and next week DH and I will be celebrating our (stops to count on fingers, gives up and uses calculator) 36th wedding anniversary. We've actually been together since 1977, but we didn't make it official until '82. He still thinks of me as 18 years old, so I think I'll keep him. (Although I'm sure he has some moments when he does the 'About Schmidt' thing where Jack Nicholson looks at his wife and wonders what happened.)

I'm a bit envious of everyone who is planning for their soon upcoming cruises.

Spins: Your upcoming trip sounds so exciting, and yet somehow daunting. I wish you every happiness as you discover your roots.

We still have 135 days before boarding the Whisper for our Panama canal cruise, but I do have a question for any coolers who might be familiar with Fort Lauderdale hotels. We're planning to fly in a couple of days early (winter, caution due to storms etc.), and I've read about some water taxi tours that we might take on our extra day there to fill the day. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels that are close to where we'll embark onto the Whisper, that might also have easy access to these water taxi tours? My husband is a 'foodie', so access to good restaurants would also be a bonus. Thanks for any insights anyone can offer.

Mysty: isn't EVERY day cat day? (it is according to the felines I've known)

I hope everyone is enjoying their day!

I have sailed out of FLL more times than I can count over the years......seriously, probably cruised from there

25 times. There are multiple hotels I would recommend and it is quite easy to get to the ship via cab from all of them...…..As JP said, yes, Pier 66 is a good choice. There are also 2 more hotels I would recommend.....one is Embassy Suites and the other The Renaissance. They are both on 17th Street which is very near the port.

Also, I recommend "The Riverside"...…..It is a lovely hotel on Las Olas Blvd. A bit further from the port but

not too bad with many restaurants and shops along the Blvd. There are MANY more properties along the

beach as well. But I would recommend any of the above and have stayed at all of them except Embassy Suites.

I hope this helps you and Happy Belated Birthday:D and Happy Anniversary too!

Oh, you also asked about the Water Taxi.....it picks up at different points......if you stay at The Hyatt (Pier 66)

or at The Riverside....both have a pick up point right near them and I have taken that water taxi several times.

It is quite fun:)…..restaurants...…..there are multiple ones. Let me think and I will post some that I have enjoyed over the years.

And whoever else I missed for Anniversaries...…..Happy one to all of you who are celebrating:D

MLeh, there is a place on Las Olas Blvd I have eaten at called La Bonne Crepe...…..it is very good:D...they are

open for breakfast, lunch and dinner...…..(and dessert of course;)). I haven't sailed from FLL in quite a few years but it is one place I love to eat. I thought they had a website but can't find one...….but here is a copy

of the menu:D

https://locu.com/places/la-bonne-crepe-fort-lauderdale-us/ It will show you the items for all 3 meals of the day….a lot of choices:)

And for some good, really good seafood, try The Rustic Inn. It is a staple...….very casual and very delicious.

It has been down there for more than 50 years, which says something!:)

Here is a link:

http://rusticinn.com/

Oh, you also asked about the Water Taxi.....it picks up at different points......if you stay at The Hyatt (Pier 66)

or at The Riverside....both have a pick up point right near them and I have taken that water taxi several times.

It is quite fun:)…..restaurants...…..there are multiple ones. Let me think and I will post some that I have enjoyed over the years.

And whoever else I missed for Anniversaries...…..Happy one to all of you who are celebrating:D

Pier 66 is no longer managed by Hyatt, they pulled out last year as the Owner would not invest in the property, I saw it in April this year and it looks very tired and shabby.

We stayed at The Ritz Carlton which was excellent , and a great location.

Four Seasons were under construction with a hotel and residences but imagine that will not be complete yet.

Good Morning All ...

Today's good news from Nigeria is that I have become the lucky winner of a Beemer .......

BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT

555 W 57th St, New York, NY 10019, USA

NOTE: If you received this message in your SPAM/BULK folder, that is because of the restrictions implemented by your

Internet Service Provider, we (BMW) urge you to treat it genuinely.

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have been selected for the prize of a brand new white BMW 2015/2016 Model, 7 Series Car and a Cheque

of $1,500,000.00 USD from the international balloting programs held on the 20th section in UNITED STATES.

Description of prize vehicle;

Model: 530iA Color (exterior): Metallic Silver Mileage: 5 Transmission: Automatic 6 Speed

Options: Cold weather package, premium package, fold down rear seats w/ski bag, am fm stereo with single in dash compact

disc player.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection system (ESS) from a

database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which you were selected.

The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the International Association of Gaming

Regulators (IAGR). To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our fiduciary claims department for more

information as regards procedures to the claim of your prize.

Reply back by providing him with your secret pin code Number

BMW:255125HGDY03/24.

You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as soon as possible:

1. Name In Full :

2. Residential Address :

3. Nationality :

4. Age :

5. Sex

6. Occupation :

7. Direct Phone :

8. Present Country :

9. Email address :

10. pin code Number BMW:

Please you are to provide the above listed details as soon as possible so we can begin with the processing of your

prize winnings.

Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

FORESTINE KANE,

THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS

BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT

UNITED STATES

Pier 66 is no longer managed by Hyatt, they pulled out last year as the Owner would not invest in the property, I saw it in April this year and it looks very tired and shabby.

We stayed at The Ritz Carlton which was excellent , and a great location.

Four Seasons were under construction with a hotel and residences but imagine that will not be complete yet.

Thanks for the update. I had no idea. Never been able to stay at a Ritz...….I am sure it is lovely.

I have a CD player in my car.....we also do not have IPhones....we've found that the string and cans work quite well unless someone is standing in a ground hog hole......(loved the funny!).

Spins and I have a month to go....but who's counting!

Have a good weekend, all.

Linda