Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

7 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

already booked April 2022 ( sorry  with crystal & Nov 2022 silver dawn Venetian special sailing.

If our upcoming February voyage on the Moon is cancelled, we may just join you on that special Venetian Society sailing on the Dawn in November, 2022.  It’ll give me a chance to recreate the gourmand land trip through Provence & Basque that was cancelled in the fall of 2020.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

If i recall back in the day we weren’t supposed to discuss Silversea on the cooler because there was space everywhere else to post about it.

The cooler was for EVERYTHING ELSE and ANYTHING ELSE.

Hence the topics not about Silversea.

I know that the cooler was a place created by Jeff. And to continue it, Cruise Critic made some rules. 

Yes thank you spins ... It was not silversea cruise on topic .. I remember having posted about my first silversea cruise 2005 silver wind .. and got told politely cruise info was off topic 😢  will I ever learn !!!🚢😘

16 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

If our upcoming February voyage on the Moon is cancelled, we may just join you on that special Venetian Society sailing on the Dawn in November, 2022.  It’ll give me a chance to recreate the gourmand land trip through Provence & Basque that was cancelled in the fall of 2020.

Oh I'm hoping that your February cruise does go to plan but would be lovely to meet you on the special Venetian reunion sailing on the dawn in November 2022 ( perhaps you can do both ???🚢🍾🍾🙏 ) 😊 ??

• Like 1

Gotta love the cooler.  Smart, kind & caring people here.  The world could use a few million more such folks.

Stumbles - wow, beautiful response thanks for sharing.

@Travel2Learn - also, thank you, specific advice & I'm going with it

& @Lvshack everybody here loves you.  That may have been JP's longest post ever (excluding those with pictures)!  I do know how you felt, posts are so easy to misinterpret, but I think you can give the coolers your trust.  I do.

• Like 3

We have been house and dog sitting sitting in Far North Queensland for 4 weeks and now on our way back to Victoria. NSW  has had an increase in COVID infections of delta and Victoria has shut the border to people from NSW.
As we have been in a green area we have a permit to transit NSW but it has to take no longer than 24 hours. We will leave Queensland at 9am tomorrow, Friday,  and drive 900 kilometres (560 miles), stay in a motel overnight, then make an early start for the 200 kilometres to the border before 9am Saturday. Not the leisurely trip we imagined!  We share the driving and plan many breaks so we are hoping it goes well. After the border we have a few more hours till we are home and I imagine we will have a very quiet week. Victoria is just out of lockdown but still has many restrictions so visiting family is not possible. We are due our 2nd AstraZeneca in 10 days then happy to be fully vaccinated. 
Here is a photo of the beach we have walked the dog along twice a day. It changed every day, but managed to take my breath away every time. I will miss it. 
Mission Beach Queensland 

image.thumb.jpeg.7698c6ae60fdd2e9a4a0103819593dc7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.466459c2f9c2179145c8f65ae64fcad3.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jillyf said:

We have been house and dog sitting sitting in Far North Queensland for 4 weeks and now on our way back to Victoria. NSW  has had an increase in COVID infections of delta and Victoria has shut the border to people from NSW.
As we have been in a green area we have a permit to transit NSW but it has to take no longer than 24 hours. We will leave Queensland at 9am tomorrow, Friday,  and drive 900 kilometres (560 miles), stay in a motel overnight, then make an early start for the 200 kilometres to the border before 9am Saturday. Not the leisurely trip we imagined!  We share the driving and plan many breaks so we are hoping it goes well. After the border we have a few more hours till we are home and I imagine we will have a very quiet week. Victoria is just out of lockdown but still has many restrictions so visiting family is not possible. We are due our 2nd AstraZeneca in 10 days then happy to be fully vaccinated. 
Here is a photo of the beach we have walked the dog along twice a day. It changed every day, but managed to take my breath away every time. I will miss it. 
Mission Beach Queensland 

Safe travels!  Hope your return goes smoothly! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

If i recall back in the day we weren’t supposed to discuss Silversea on the cooler because there was space everywhere else to post about it.

The cooler was for EVERYTHING ELSE and ANYTHING ELSE.

Hence the topics not about Silversea.

I know that the cooler was a place created by Jeff. And to continue it, Cruise Critic made some rules. 

Having been a contributor for many years to the thread entitled Silversea Water Cooler I do not understand why Everything Else and anything Else other than Silversea could be discussed.Apologies for flouting the regulations for many years.

There was a bit of a hoo-ha a few years ago when some people (Silversea travellers at the time) had had various problems on a cruise, and presumably Silversea itself asked for this thread to exclude discussions about Silversea cruises.  (Please correct me if this is wrong, mysty, jp etc.)

However, the main joy of the Cooler is the many and varied comments on life - particularly at present - that we exchange, and the fact that one seems to get to know the other contributors, and actually care about them, even not having met in person.  Not forgetting the funnies of course, which help to cheer up a miserable day!

Lola

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lincslady said:

There was a bit of a hoo-ha a few years ago when some people (Silversea travellers at the time) had had various problems on a cruise, and presumably Silversea itself asked for this thread to exclude discussions about Silversea cruises.  (Please correct me if this is wrong, mysty, jp etc.)

However, the main joy of the Cooler is the many and varied comments on life - particularly at present - that we exchange, and the fact that one seems to get to know the other contributors, and actually care about them, even not having met in person.  Not forgetting the funnies of course, which help to cheer up a miserable day!

Lola

Your memory coincides with mine Lola.   Just not completely sure as to what prompted the change.   When I first had a drink in the Cooler Bar it was a tad different in terms of topics.  It does continue to entertain and serve as a friendly watering hole for anyone who wanders in.  😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

I think I have been locked out for pictures!!??

Chas that file format is the same as a previous file you tried to upload.   Are you sure that the jfif is not the problem?  Have you tried to upload a jpeg file?  

9 minutes ago, mysty said:

Chas that file format is the same as a previous file you tried to upload.   Are you sure that the jfif is not the problem?  Have you tried to upload a jpeg file?  

All my jpegs turn to those other j things

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

All my jpegs turn to those other j things

Well s**t!  It's not the new computer is it?  Have you tried posting pics on other social media sites?  I hate that your awesome funnies can't be displayed here!  You are an awesome source of belly laughs! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

It seems to need a simple registry fix.

This ought to be good… Chas editing his Windows registry. 😁

Make sure you’ve done a complete backup of your hard drive, Chas, before your begin your programming surgery. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1