Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

If I can echo Fletcher's words about Australia & New Zealand

Sometime, schedule a land visit to Iceland, its the best way to know the place.

I think you might love the people & the land as we did & do.

Sigur Ros made a song & video called Glosoli, original version I think I posted earlier

Here's an update from this year, and they take care to show the children and how they've grown

(10) Sigur Rós - Glósóli (Live In Ólafsvík) [Remastered Heima extra] - YouTube

• Like 1

well handled Stumbles and Lois over in the thread where I felt our line was coming off kind of cold and stilted vs another, not sure what that discussion had to do with SALT anyway!  I've personally hit it off with several fellow cruisers on Silversea, although we've never felt the need to establish long tern friendships, just share some fun for an evening on the ship!  - BTW if you, the reader, are part of the couple we met from Saskatchewan on Muse, I really regret this policy, I'd really like to get together on some future cruise 🥂  -  & Steve from Manchester UK - that goes for you & your wife too!

• Like 1

My apologies if I wrote out of turn recently - It is the sort of topic it is easy to talk about personally to anyone, but unless you have a gift for words, which many Coolers have, and I obviously sadly lack, can come across as rather rude or unkind when put 'on paper' for everyone to read.

I have enjoyed many cruises on Silversea and Seabourn over the years - though of course not recently, and at present with my home circumstances it is hard to visualise when I might manage another.  But I live in hope.

Lola

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

My apologies if I wrote out of turn recently - It is the sort of topic it is easy to talk about personally to anyone, but unless you have a gift for words, which many Coolers have, and I obviously sadly lack, can come across as rather rude or unkind when put 'on paper' for everyone to read.

I have enjoyed many cruises on Silversea and Seabourn over the years - though of course not recently, and at present with my home circumstances it is hard to visualise when I might manage another.  But I live in hope.

Lola

Good afternoon Lola ... I don't know what comment you made recently I seem to have missed it ...have gone back a few pages and can't find anything!!! From all your other posts you have always been very polite and would not think anything rude could come from you ... My husband &I enjoy cruising ( silversea our personal favourite) but have not cruised since 2019 having cancelled 1 for 2020 & 2 for 2021 both feeling it's still not the time  & issues with our travel insurance ( have mentioned before I have myeloma so not good for insurance at the best of time!!) We have however booked for 2022 & looking  at 2023 ....

Hope ok to be talking about cruising on this thread ...

Weather here is stormy 

• Like 2

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 3.20.27 AM.png

I sent this to my best friend, who is a professional musician.  He responded that when he was in college one of the student performance projects involved drawing bar lines on the side of a fish bowl and then playing the 'composition' the goldfish made as they swam around...

• Like 1