Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

JP -

Now that looks like a tasty repast; a man after my own heart there. Not quite as ambitious, but we did boink out a quiche tonight.  Eggs from our hens, the flour from wheat grown just up the valley, cream from a mile or two away, and red onions, garlic, shallots, finely shredded cabbage, several kinds of peppers, parsley, basil and oregano ALL from our garden.  We call this sort of concoction a "refrigerator cleaner" - use up them eggs!  Clear out that produce drawer!  The parmesan reggiano, of course, is from the old-a country!  Bon appetit!  

IMG_5525.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

we did boink out a quiche tonight.

Ummm, Tiramisu can I just recommend in Australia or England not to use the term "boink" 🤭. It is slang for doing something else rather than making something 😏😅.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2021 at 1:21 PM, TrulyBlonde said:

Here is a little tip about Ponant. We used them for our Antarctica trip. The ship was not full and we boarded early. Our cabin was just their normal type, midship, on deck 5. We received a notice from the butler about upgrades available to larger cabins. We made an offer for both the PH and the Owners suite. We ended up with the Owners suite and were able to negotiate that price with them, also. Very reasonable price and made a huge difference when we were cruising in a washing machine for half of the 14 day cruise. Just an FYI.

I have been investigating Ponant.  What does "cruising in a washing machine" mean?  Loud?  Cramped? Leaky windows? 🤔

12 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Ummm, Tiramisu can I just recommend in Australia or England not to use the term "boink" 🤭. It is slang for doing something else rather than making something 😏😅.

My understanding is one should also not say, after a nice big meal, that one got "stuffed".

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

It's slang for that here in the USA too.  

We used to be very good at emptying the fridge with creative cooking right before a trip. Will have to see if we have retained any of that skill, as it's been a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

JP -

Now that looks like a tasty repast; a man after my own heart there. Not quite as ambitious, but we did boink out a quiche tonight.  Eggs from our hens, the flour from wheat grown just up the valley, cream from a mile or two away, and red onions, garlic, shallots, finely shredded cabbage, several kinds of peppers, parsley, basil and oregano ALL from our garden.  We call this sort of concoction a "refrigerator cleaner" - use up them eggs!  Clear out that produce drawer!  The parmesan reggiano, of course, is from the old-a country!  Bon appetit!  

IMG_5525.JPG

Looks delicious!!!🙂

11 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

I have been investigating Ponant.  What does "cruising in a washing machine" mean?  Loud?  Cramped? Leaky windows? 🤔

Ha! It meant 4 consecutive days heading from Montevideo to S. Georgia  with waves spilling and smashing over onto the deck. The bed was like riding a bucking bronco, cabinet doors slamming, etc. A wild time.

Calm waters in Antarctica and then the waves again getting back to Ushuaia. They were not as bad as the S. Georgia ones, or maybe we were used to it 😉

I did manage to still drink wine and the key is to stick with their delicious baguettes. Our butler was the finest we have ever had, service exceptional, and I enjoyed the mix of nationalities. The French primarily stick with themselves and that is understandable. Everything is announced in both French and English so no issues.

I did a review on the Ponant board along with a photo of the waves we encountered.

LeLyrial cruise S.Georgia and Antarctica (nov. 2018)

Edited by TrulyBlonde
addition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1