Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

<snip>

Just made 'Coronation chicken' for daughter visiting tomorrow.  Has anyone heard of it?  It dates back to 1953, obviously - not the sort of recipe to thrill jp, but simple to make for the likes of me, and tastes good.  I guess no one under about 80 and not from the UK will know what I am talking about.

<snip>

Lola

Coronation chicken is one of our regular summer 'go-to' dishes for cold chicken.

I am the one who hoovers up those small jars of apricot jam from hotel breakfast buffets for my coronation chicken sauce mix (and I am well under 80).:classic_biggrin:

Edited by SteveH2508
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

Oh dear - I am beginning to feel like I have made 'too many trips around the sun', but prefer not to have it confirmed.

Lola

Lola I have decided best to embrace it and have fun with it and proudly announce my age. I know what Coronation Chicken, Hoover and Electrolux are but will still enjoy having bright coloured nails at times, colourful clothes and trying new things. Though I have given up high heels and mini skirts/dresses. 😄

Maybe one year when DH and I do another UK cruise we can have another chat around the pool🙂.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

Hi mysty and everyone - he did it!  All for a big helping of Coronation Chicken.

Thank you so much, mysty, for all the help - and Lois, now you can choose yours!!

I guess one advantage of great age is having helpful grandchildren.

Lola

Well done Lola's grandson!  It's perfect for you Lola ❤

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Hi mysty and everyone - he did it!  All for a big helping of Coronation Chicken.

Thank you so much, mysty, for all the help - and Lois, now you can choose yours!!

I guess one advantage of great age is having helpful grandchildren.

Lola

Lola,

Now I wonder how many went on Pinterest and looked at the recipe for Coronation Chicken? I had never heard of it prior and of course had to find the recipe. Many versions of it is what I found. I do enjoy curry and noticed that was in all of the recipes.

I also like your new wine glass. 🙂

• Like 1

I now have a pair of bright pink trousers, so am not giving up completely, Julie.

I have various recipes for cc too, but all include mayo, plain yogurt or sour cream, mango chutney, apricot puree or jam, toasted almonds, sultanas and curry paste or powder.  I always cook some chicken fillets and/or thighs, and cut into pieces when cold, though cold home cooked roast chicken is fine.  It is not exactly haute cuisine, but good for a quick lunch, and guests always seem to enjoy it, with perhaps a rice salad, romaine and warm baguette.  Hope you enjoy it if you try it,  Truly Blonde.

Family just left,  think I need a rest, 

Lola

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

I now have a pair of bright pink trousers, so am not giving up completely, Julie.

I have various recipes for cc too, but all include mayo, plain yogurt or sour cream, mango chutney, apricot puree or jam, toasted almonds, sultanas and curry paste or powder.  I always cook some chicken fillets and/or thighs, and cut into pieces when cold, though cold home cooked roast chicken is fine.  It is not exactly haute cuisine, but good for a quick lunch, and guests always seem to enjoy it, with perhaps a rice salad, romaine and warm baguette.  Hope you enjoy it if you try it,  Truly Blonde.

Family just left,  think I need a rest, 

Lola

Lola, like your new avatar 👌 

• Like 1

My big dose of joy for today....we're going to our favourite restaurant Black Tartan Kitchen for their newly opened 7 course tasting menu.  Here is the menu.....

Capture.JPG.3be0c0dd2857f2406e4fe2273c376b33.JPG

As you can see half the fun is trying to guess what will be on offer.  Some courses might be easy to guess:

The farce of meating deadlines during covid might be a charcuterie platter

Finally back in stock might be a soup

Swimming Upstream might be salmon

Mural Game on Point might be elk (their new outside mural for the patio is an elk)

Reboarn again...and again...and again might be boar

The gas leak is king of scary because the first thing that comes to mind is beans

Back in Black probably involves chocolate.

I'll report tomorrow with pics (hopefully).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

have drunk the Shadow dry of Tiki?

too frightening to contemplate Stumbles

looking forward to how your dinner went Mysty, hats off to the folks for the creative menu

so I'm listening to "on the road to shambala" no idea of why though. thinking I just want to be on the road to somewhere soon!

• Like 2