Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Getting into shape to get back cruising. We leave in one month and a few days driving Northern Spain before boarding the Dawn on 11/8. So I made a vow I would lose 35 pounds (see I am being kind to our American friends ) 16KG. I achieved that this morning. Even my dinner suit is a little loose.

But a little advice to give a son or grandson a good start in life.

ss70.thumb.png.c428fd5f6656cf49bc5685fce48ee654.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

Getting into shape to get back cruising. We leave in one month and a few days driving Northern Spain before boarding the Dawn on 11/8. So I made a vow I would lose 35 pounds (see I am being kind to our American friends ) 16KG. I achieved that this morning. Even my dinner suit is a little loose.

But a little advice to give a son or grandson a good start in life.

ss70.thumb.png.c428fd5f6656cf49bc5685fce48ee654.png

35 lbs: Stumblefoot wants to know what that is in stones!

11/8: is that Nov 8 or Aug 11?

Edited by zqtchas
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, zqtchas said:

35 lbs: Stumblefoot wants to know what that is in stones!

11/8: is that Nov 8 or Aug 11?

We are on the August 11th sailing. My weight loss was incorporating the tip in your previous post as a glass of wine every day is part of the diet. But also because I have stepped up to the plate and done some more cooking. Couldn't believe how much energy you expend.

ss68.thumb.jpeg.519df47261dce0dcea6aad8ccee5479b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Appreciate the many fun postings at the Cooler, including the dog pix's.  

Happy FOURTH of JULY to all of us here in the Colonies, now called the United States.  Many fireworks upcoming today and Monday.  Sorry to the former King of England about your loss back in the later 1700's.

Below is from Central Ohio's Red, White and Boom fireworks that happened Friday night in advance of most smaller, local community celebrations tonight and Monday evening.  In the background, you can see some of the skyline buildings in Columbus.  Our fireworks are rated as one of the best in the Midwest and we had perfect seats to enjoy the music matched to the exciting sky show.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 244,543 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Snapped with just my iPhone, below are three visual samples from Central Ohio's Red, White and Boom fireworks on Friday night.  Does this help warm up and prepare for the July 4th fun and excitement?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.ea9ca71bea3627eaccb19f00ae652465.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.600aeb21be57cc926c82b3fe93896c45.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3d97a07437e9df5d20b747bc67cb9cbf.jpeg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate the many fun postings at the Cooler, including the dog pix's.  

Happy FOURTH of JULY to all of us here in the Colonies, now called the United States.  Many fireworks upcoming today and Monday.  Sorry to the former King of England about your loss back in the later 1700's.

It's an interesting notion Radio Terry!  Our loss!?!  Are you absolutely sure?

I guess I must be one of the very few who often ponder and wonder whether on balance our antiquated system even with Queen and Boris might be preferable to Trump, Biden, race, poverty, gun, crime, big buisiness influence issues and challenges etc, whether the Land of the Free might have progressed even if only slightly better as a part of our club that might have offered a little moderation than it's "progress" since "outside". 

It would be a wonderful topic for the Humidor (or whatever ut is now called) with a pint of grappa.  And let us not talk about tolerance and freedom of speech here ..... 😉

Just a thought.

Happy chewings all.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
shpellingsh
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

It's an interesting notion Radio Terry!  Our loss!?!  Are you absolutely sure?

I guess I must be one of the very few who often ponder and wonder whether on balance our antiquated system even with Queen and Boris might be preferable to Trump, Biden, race, poverty, gun, crime, big buisiness influence issues and challenges etc, whether the Land of the Free might have progressed even if only slightly better as a part of our club that might have offered a little moderation than it's "progress" since "outside". 

It would be a wonderful topic for the Humidor (or whatever ut is now called) with a pint of grappa.  And let us not talk about tolerance and freedom of speech here ..... 😉

Just a thought.

Happy chewings all.

Jeff

We are all proud of our individual countries even their many misgivings.

The 4th of July is a big deal in America and I hope many of you post your fireworks pictures.

Our hotdogs cost a bit more this year, but nonetheless, we will enjoy at least one from the grill.

Jeff, one favor to ask....Can we send back Harry and Megan? JK

• Like 3

On 7/2/2022 at 5:57 AM, drron29 said:

So I made a vow I would lose 35 pounds (see I am being kind to our American friends ) 16KG. I achieved that this morning.

So, THAT’s where the 35lbs. I’ve put on came from. 😁

Well done, Doctor.  Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

The 4th of July is a big deal in America and I hope many of you post your fireworks pictures.

Our hotdogs cost a bit more this year, but nonetheless, we will enjoy at least one from the grill.

Good Afternoon JK,

Lest we do not misunderstand.  I adore the wonderfulness and wideness of the US of A and I have to disclose that a very high highly dispoportionality percentage of the most interesting people I have ever encountered have been Americans followed by shorter head by Ozzers.  Also a disproportionately high percentage of our memorable travels have been travels in the US and for a sadly too short a time my humble business even had an office in Atlanta staffed by the best people I have ever been lucky enough to work with.  They took me for proper food and proper music.  When I have sought spice and breadth of experience of travel it is America that we've headed to.  My comments earlier were  tongue in cheek. 😉

So far as Harry and Meghan are concerned you can keep them as penance for sending us Meghan in the first place.  For what it's worth I am popping popcorn and waiting for Meghan to put herself forward for the Presidency with Harry being Presidential Consort.  With that, my life will be complete and I can die amused and in peace.

Jeff x

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

We are all proud of our individual countries even their many misgivings.  The 4th of July is a big deal in America and I hope many of you post your fireworks pictures.   Our hotdogs cost a bit more this year, but nonetheless, we will enjoy at least one from the grill.   Jeff, one favor to ask....Can we send back Harry and Megan? JK

Excellent above summary from our Idaho friend, especially what I have highlighted above in bold italic.  

As to sending back Meghan Markle to the UK, that actually would come back on us.  Yes, Harry married her, but she comes from California.  Hard to escape the blame falling back to the USA for that unique connection.  

Interesting question by Jeff about "waiting for Meghan to put herself forward for the Presidency with Harry being Presidential Consort."

Lots to discuss and debate for the future!!  Right??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Early 2020 (right before Covid shut-down), many visuals and details from New Zealand/South Pacific in going from Auckland to French Polynesia.  This includes Bora Bora, Fiji, NZ experiences, etc:  Live/blog;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2735732-live-terryohio-“new”-regatta-south-pacificnz-pix’s/

zqtchas - you are doing a great job keeping us amused with the funnies, having to work hard in the temporary absence of Mysty.  I hope she and Myster are enjoying the last days of their cruise and visit, and that we will hear more when they are settled back at home.

Lola

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lincslady said:

zqtchas - you are doing a great job keeping us amused with the funnies, having to work hard in the temporary absence of Mysty.  I hope she and Myster are enjoying the last days of their cruise and visit, and that we will hear more when they are settled back at home.

Lola

I and the cooler do need and look forward to her getting back in the saddle here.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 1

According to flight tracker, M&M touched down in Toronto a few minutes ago.

ETA: we expect the first funny within 30 minutes. Timer is ticking! 

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

According to flight tracker, M&M touched down in Toronto a few minutes ago.

ETA: we expect the first funny within 30 minutes. Timer is ticking! 

And I am waiting in the airport lounge in Perth waiting to board our flight to Rome via Singapore. We have a 13.5 hour transit in Singapore because of changed flight times. I have booked the transit hotel in Terminal 1 so we can rest and freshen up before boarding our Rome flight. 

Looking forward to hearing from mysty and reading her first funny. No pressure though mysty 🙂.

Julie

• Like 6

8 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever. The sale was full and final. Goods were sold as seen and no returns will be accepted. Yours sincerely The Management 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Absolutely under no circumstances whatsoever. The sale was full and final. Goods were sold as seen and no returns will be accepted. Yours sincerely The Management 

But surely they have to be of merchantable quality? - I suspect they’d fail that as they're not real Royals and have major flaws 

I do understand why you wouldn’t want them back though 

Edited by Stickman1990

20 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

But surely they have to be of merchantable quality? - I suspect they’d fail that as they're not real Royals and have major flaws 

I do understand why you wouldn’t want them back though 

Dear Sir,

At the point of sale, the merchandise provided was perfectly appropriate for the advertised purpose. Unfortunately since, subsequent defects have become apparent for which the vendor accepts no responsibility. We may, reluctantly,  accept a partial return of a certain proportion of the goods once they have fulfilled their useful purpose and been returned to us, however the remaining defective goods will not be accepted back under any circumstances.  We unfortunately cannot offer any timescale for the acceptance of the said defective goods but we are sure that acceptance of said goods will be achieved with time. 
Kind regards
The Management

• Like 1
  • Haha 7