Staterooms on Wind Spirit and Wind Star

Petoonya

B cabins were sold out when I made my reservation for a November cruise, so I went for BX #129. Final payment is due shortly and I'm thinking that if there is any a time when cabins might free up it would be at final payment. As in people who are thinking about a cruise and hold a place, may cancel more frequently then. Asked TA to take a look at that time.

I've read that aft B cabins are noisy. Any thing forward to avoid just in case there's something available?

Nancy

I like the B level because I think it is a bit more stable. I choose it over A unless I am on the Windsurf and can get a suite. I do not think I have stayed in BX129, but unless there is something I am not seeing, it looks like a standard room. What I do not like is the last 4 cabins 101-104. They are curved so that the bed is pushed against the wall and there is only one side access into and out of the bed.

I like the B level because I think it is a bit more stable. I choose it over A unless I am on the Windsurf and can get a suite. I do not think I have stayed in BX129, but unless there is something I am not seeing, it looks like a standard room. What I do not like is the last 4 cabins 101-104. They are curved so that the bed is pushed against the wall and there is only one side access into and out of the bed.

My issue with those cabins is the vibration (noise and movement) when under full motor on the open sea. The cabins are fine when under sail and/or when traveling short distances.

Thanks Walt and Acruisefan. Husband would like to just leave things alone, but I lean towards switching to a forward stateroom per your advice- if one frees up. Would save me close to $1k.

Thanks once again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am just off the Wind Spirit as of day before yesterday. I think you'll be absolutely fine in 129. We were on deck 1, and I did a sort of "walk through" down the hallway, forward to aft, listening for noise and vibration, and I thought the most quiet section (at least in the hallway!) was right where you'll be. Admittedly, I have not been in the actual cabin 129. Before I booked our Tahiti cruise I thoroughly researched the Windstar threads for quiet rooms on the Wind Spirit. Here is what my research showed:

Quiet: 118, 120, 121, 131, 132, 134, 137, 224

Noisy: 112, 114, 119 (119 got especially bad reviews), 207, 212, 214, 215

Honestly, I don't see how 118 can be quiet and 119 can be noisy when they're right across the hallway from each other, but there you have it.

Cabins 205, 207 & 209 were felt to be a little bothersome due to proximity to the tender operation.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I am just off the Wind Spirit as of day before yesterday. I think you'll be absolutely fine in 129. We were on deck 1, and I did a sort of "walk through" down the hallway, forward to aft, listening for noise and vibration, and I thought the most quiet section (at least in the hallway!) was right where you'll be. Admittedly, I have not been in the actual cabin 129. Before I booked our Tahiti cruise I thoroughly researched the Windstar threads for quiet rooms on the Wind Spirit. Here is what my research showed:

Honestly, I don't see how 118 can be quiet and 119 can be noisy when they're right across the hallway from each other, but there you have it.

Cabins 205, 207 & 209 were felt to be a little bothersome due to proximity to the tender operation.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, we are in cabin 118, so am happy to hear this!

Avalong,

Your research REALLY helps. I feel much better knowing the cabins next to and around me are OK. Nothing I can do about it anyway as there are only a few AXs available on our sailing and they are definitely bad locations. Wish there was a way to gather all this cabin info and out it in one place for reference. I think I'm going to do some interviewing of other passengers while I'm onboard to hear cabin reviews. Maybe I'll combine what you have and start a thread with the info. Thanks so much.

• Like 2

Avalong,

Your research REALLY helps. I feel much better knowing the cabins next to and around me are OK. Nothing I can do about it anyway as there are only a few AXs available on our sailing and they are definitely bad locations. Wish there was a way to gather all this cabin info and out it in one place for reference. I think I'm going to do some interviewing of other passengers while I'm onboard to hear cabin reviews. Maybe I'll combine what you have and start a thread with the info. Thanks so much.

LOL. I actually considered interviewing people too, but decided it was a bridge too far. But, in retrospect, if you're chatting with people anyway, why not ask them about their cabin, right?

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

It would be nice if the two threads could be "pinned" to the top of the page. Then if other ships get a similar treatment they could also be pinned.

Great idea. Done.

I don't recall the cabin number but we stayed in the "owner's suite" on one of these two ships. It is really just a larger room. Our daughter slept on the sofa/bed.

I remember quite a bit of noise coming from the anchor being let down (and maybe up but it has been a few years.) We would wake up, identify the noise, and then fall back to sleep. I could see how it could be a problem for some people.

https://d2xks5907lvzsh.cloudfront.net/media/yachts/deck_plans/Spirit-Deck-Plan.1.3.18.pdf The deck plan

I compiled a list of cabins based on contributors comments on noise/quiet considerations. Unfortunately didn't look at position or convenience remarks. So please feel free to add to the thread if you found a cabin that made your stay more enjoyable....or more quiet/noisy. If you don't want the chance of getting a noisy cabin here you go. But keep in mind some of us (me) are more noise sensitive than others. Hopefully Host Walt can place this up top with a sticky.

101 noisy

102 noisy

103 vibration

104 quiet

107 owners suite- quiet but some noise when anchor let down.

109 noisy at night

111 noisy

112 noisy

114 noisy

115 noisy

118 quiet

120 quiet

121 quiet

122 quiet

125 quiet

126 quiet

128 quiet

130 quiet

131 quiet

133 quiet

122 quiet

134 quiet

135 quiet

136 quiet

137 quiet

139 quiet

140 one commenter said very quiet, another said noise from the bilge pump

207 noisy

203 quiet

207 only noisy with gangway operation

209 " " " " "

212 " " " " "

214 noisy

215 noisy

218 quiet

219 quiet

220 quiet

230 quiet

• Like 2

I compiled a list of cabins based on contributors comments on noise/quiet considerations. Unfortunately didn't look at position or convenience remarks. So please feel free to add to the thread if you found a cabin that made your stay more enjoyable....or more quiet/noisy. If you don't want the chance of getting a noisy cabin here you go. But keep in mind some of us (me) are more noise sensitive than others. Hopefully Host Walt can place this up top with a sticky.

101 noisy

102 noisy

103 vibration

104 quiet

109 noisy at night

111 noisy

112 noisy

114 noisy

115 noisy

118 quiet

120 quiet

121 quiet

122 quiet

125 quiet

126 quiet

128 quiet

130 quiet

131 quiet

133 quiet

122 quiet

134 quiet

135 quiet

136 quiet

137 quiet

139 quiet

140 one commenter said very quiet, another said noise from the bilge pump

207 noisy

203 quiet

207 only noisy with gangway operation

209 " " " " "

212 " " " " "

214 noisy

215 noisy

218 quiet

219 quiet

220 quiet

230 quiet

I did it MNgardens! Was hoping that Host Walt would move this thread to the top instead of the other as this cuts to the chase straightaway. It is nice to have to refer to quickly. I always get so nervous choosing a cabin- this makes the decision a bit less stressful. Best wishes to you!

Cabins 205, 207 & 209 were felt to be a little bothersome due to proximity to the tenderoperation.

Hope this helps.

****We're in 217 leaving this week. Off topic...Is it really necessary to have 'water shoes' to get out of launches and walk in the water. Risk of stepping on coral? Any other tips?

Thank you,

DJ

My experience in Tahiti if you need anything it is water shoes. Coral cuts can be nasty and ruin your trip. Fabulous cruise Happy Sailing.

Agree. At Te ha'a I overheard a group of men complaining bitterly about the "sharp rocks" (pretty sure it was the coral) as they waded barefoot into the water.

If you really really don't want to pack any, you can buy some in the Wind Spirit gift shop.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated list. Most are listed as noisy, quiet or very good. Started this list looking for cabins in which people specifically complained of noise, and when I added to the list "very good" when people made positive comments, not specifically related to noise. So if you've got a cabin that is "quiet" or "very good" assume that the occupants were pleased with everything.

I can't speak to cabins that are next to each other where one is listed as noisy and is sandwiched by two quiet cabins. It's only comments that I've read.

101 noisy

102 noisy

103 vibration

104 quiet

105 smaller but very good

108 very good

109 noisy at night

110 very good

111 noisy

112 noisy x2, good x 1

114 noisy

115 noisy

117 very good

118 quiet

119 good x1, but SEVERAL bad reviews for noise and location

120 quiet x1, very good x1

121 quiet

122 quiet

125 quiet

126 quiet x2

127 very good

128 quiet

130 quiet x1, very good x1

131 quiet

133 quiet

122 quiet

130 very good

131 quiet

132 quiet

134 quiet x 2

135 quiet

136 quiet x1, very good x1

137 quiet x2

138 noise in port x1, very good x1

139 quiet x1, very good x1

140 one commenter said very quiet, another said noise from the bilge pump, another said good location no noise (!)

207 noisy

203 quiet

205 tender noise otherwise very good

207 only noisy with gangway operation x1, noisy x1

208 very good x1, engine noise x1

209 very good but noisy with tender operation

210 very good

212 only noisy with gangway operation x1, noisy x1

214 noisy x 1, very good x 1

215 noisy x2

216 very good

217 very good

218 quiet

219 quiet x2

220 quiet x2

221 quiet

222 very good

224 quiet

228 very good

230 quiet

231 very good x 2

234 very good

238 very good

• 1 month later...

New to the forum but definitely a new windstar fan! My husband and I have booked our second cruise Rome to Lisbon for next October but are struggling between the Windsurf, which we were on this past fall, or the Windstar. We are intrigued by the builtin seats and tables in the windstar cabins, but can’t seem to get a straight answer from either our TA or windstar if ALL the cabins have that setup, or just certain cabins and/or categories. We are interested in a Deck 1 cat BX cabin with the built in seats and table. Thanks!

Hi Milepig

We are in 210 Spirit after you.  Have you adjusted to the engine noise? Hope so.

I don't mind some "white" noise while sleeping, so hope it serves that purpose. I didn't choose that cabin, it was assigned to us.

Hope the decent weather continues for us.  Any advice/tips for those following you on this cruise?

Any not to miss spots for snorkeling, etc? Have you been able to make use of the sports platform?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Dmac

22 hours ago, dmac said:

Hi Milepig

We are in 210 Spirit after you.  Have you adjusted to the engine noise? Hope so.

I don't mind some "white" noise while sleeping, so hope it serves that purpose. I didn't choose that cabin, it was assigned to us.

Hope the decent weather continues for us.  Any advice/tips for those following you on this cruise?

Any not to miss spots for snorkeling, etc? Have you been able to make use of the sports platform?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Dmac

I guess we’ve adjusted. But the noise is there. Think of it as white noise I guess. You will likely have Victor as your cabin attendant. He’s great. I have comments on the specialty coffee thread about ports and such. All ports are very small so don’t plan to do much just “walking around shopping. 

Edited by milepig