Lighthouse Point - New DCL Bahamian Island Location?

STHCruising

The attached appeared today in Scott Sander's post on Disney Cruise Line Blog. It reports a town hall meeting in Eleuthera, Bahamas to discuss development of a DCL cruise destination and other economic development at Lighthouse Point, Bahamas. Disney and Disney Cruise Line are featured in the handouts that were distributed in the meeting (you can see them within Scott's post). These handouts were clearly not created by Disney or DCL, and, Disney indicates they had no representatives in the meeting. Its not clear to me if Disney/DCL really have anything to do with this development. The development appears to be quite controversial.

Personally, I would be a bit concerned to see DCL open another private island or cruise destination in the Bahamas. I am hopeful new ships will expand itineraries outside of the Bahamian and Caribbean regions.

Do others have a sense of Disney's involvement (or lack thereof) in this project?

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2018/08/lighthouse-point-eleuthera-town-hall-handout-reveals-conceptual-site-plan/#comment-54340

The attached appeared today in Scott Sander's post on Disney Cruise Line Blog. It reports a town hall meeting in Eleuthera, Bahamas to discuss development of a DCL cruise destination and other economic development at Lighthouse Point, Bahamas. Disney and Disney Cruise Line are featured in the handouts that were distributed in the meeting (you can see them within Scott's post). These handouts were clearly not created by Disney or DCL, and, Disney indicates they had no representatives in the meeting. Its not clear to me if Disney/DCL really have anything to do with this development. The development appears to be quite controversial.

Personally, I would be a bit concerned to see DCL open another private island or cruise destination in the Bahamas. I am hopeful new ships will expand itineraries outside of the Bahamian and Caribbean regions.

Do others have a sense of Disney's involvement (or lack thereof) in this project?

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2018/08/lighthouse-point-eleuthera-town-hall-handout-reveals-conceptual-site-plan/#comment-54340

I think DCL has been kicking around the "second private island" idea for a number of years now. Who knows? Could happen. Or not.

Obviously, we're all guessing. Other cruise lines have "private islands" on Eleuthra, and there have been some issues involving the local residents.

Like others, I'd like to see DCL be more involved outside of the Caribbean and the Bahamas as the new ships launch. But that may be just my preference. Bottom line, I don't see how another private location could be cost effective. CC is in use 3-5 days a week, depending on schedules. I don't know if they have the capacity to do a ship every day or not.

I'm a little suspicious that the handouts may have been created by some of the same people who have made trouble for other cruise lines....again, just my thought. It doesn't look like Disney involvement at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, off topic, but why are you posting in such tiny print now?

Back on topic, I've read on another site that the actual proposal may have been TO DCL, by the tourism group there trying to get cruise ships into their port.

Weird.... To err is human, to really foul up requires a computer. :confused::confused:

Guess I'll do everything in Times New Roman, size 3 from now on. Thanks for the heads-up ! :cool:

I also found that, even though I write out my post in Times New Roman 3, it posts in Ariel (don't know the size). The board seems to default to that.

• 1 month later...