Compulsive cruise prep

I am just back from the Dawn. Great trip to Bermuda made even better by my compulsive planning. I had my clothes planned out so it was quick and easy to dress, my toiletry organizer fit well on the hook in the bathroom, excursions were booked, and dinner reservations were done and printed out for easy reference. The tips were sorted in envelopes so I just grabbed an envelope from the safe and off we went. DH was once again happy with the trip and the planning that went into it. The trips next year are not cruises but I put just the same kind of compulsive planning into those. Planning is half the fun.

I am just back from the Dawn. Great trip to Bermuda made even better by my compulsive planning. I had my clothes planned out so it was quick and easy to dress, my toiletry organizer fit well on the hook in the bathroom, excursions were booked, and dinner reservations were done and printed out for easy reference. The tips were sorted in envelopes so I just grabbed an envelope from the safe and off we went. DH was once again happy with the trip and the planning that went into it. The trips next year are not cruises but I put just the same kind of compulsive planning into those. Planning is half the fun.

Do you by any chance have copies of the daily's? We leave in 2 weeks and would love to look at them (if possible). Jan

I use a fan for air and noise, but be aware there are many reports of confiscation of fans and power cords lately. Mine is usb/battery powered so I can argue for it. But I have to fly home next time and may sacrifice it as it takes a lot of space!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My compulsive products now include 3 more pages (for the Breakaway Repositioning NYC to New Orleans this fall):

* A page on the train trip, noting things to look for along the way and a reminder to sit on the right side for best views of the Mohawk Valley and Hudson River and Valley

* A page on my air travel home from New Orleans, with airport maps, noting where to find food and coffeed, gate map especially for my transfer in Detroit

* Since it's football season, a list of the games for the three weekends we are on the ship or in New Orleans with times and network

I also use Google Maps Streetview to do some virtual traveling in my ports

Do you by any chance have copies of the daily's? We leave in 2 weeks and would love to look at them (if possible). Jan

Unfortunately I don't have the dailies. I think there were some in previous thread from maybe July if you do a search. We always read them the night before and planned the next day's activities.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a BAD way. My cruise leaves next week, just about anything that can be planned, researched, or organized is done and confirmed.

Guess what? To keep the buzz going, I started the pre planning research for the NEXT cruise I want to do. Haven't told DH. it's a 12-14 day Aus/NZ trip and on the spendy side, so am thinking 2020 so I can save a couple of year's worth of bonus checks to pay for it.

:'):')

i am in a bad way. My cruise leaves next week, just about anything that can be planned, researched, or organized is done and confirmed.

Guess what? To keep the buzz going, i started the pre planning research for the next cruise i want to do. Haven't told dh. It's a 12-14 day aus/nz trip and on the spendy side, so am thinking 2020 so i can save a couple of year's worth of bonus checks to pay for it.

:'):')

I am in a BAD way. My cruise leaves next week, just about anything that can be planned, researched, or organized is done and confirmed.

Guess what? To keep the buzz going, I started the pre planning research for the NEXT cruise I want to do. Haven't told DH. it's a 12-14 day Aus/NZ trip and on the spendy side, so am thinking 2020 so I can save a couple of year's worth of bonus checks to pay for it.

I have never thought of doing structured planning for a cruise i haven't booked yet. It does sound like a good way to evaluate the total vacation rather than just looking at the NCL portion. Maybe I could do that with ALL the future cruise possibilities? I could have hundreds of worksheets in a giant Excel workbook. Awesome sauce!

Maybe I should seek professional help?

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

I have never thought of doing structured planning for a cruise i haven't booked yet. It does sound like a good way to evaluate the total vacation rather than just looking at the NCL portion. Maybe I could do that with ALL the future cruise possibilities? I could have hundreds of worksheets in a giant Excel workbook. Awesome sauce!

Maybe I should seek professional help?

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Professional advice says "What are you waiting for? Get planning to plan!"

OMG you people are totally insane. But I loved reading about your insanity!! Keep them coming. Personally I’ll be looking for clothes 20 mins before we leave for the airport. I’m a firm believer that it will all work out why stress over it. :'):p:cool: