Can I take my can of soda into dinner in MDR?

km3045

Excited to be sailing this Saturday on the CB. Instead of the soda package, I pre-purchased cans of soda through the Cruise Personalizer. Can I take those into the MDR to have with my meals? How about the buffet? Does it matter if it's cans or in a glass? Can I ask the waitstaff to get me a glass with ice? Just trying to get the ground rules down! TIA

Excited to be sailing this Saturday on the CB. Instead of the soda package, I pre-purchased cans of soda through the Cruise Personalizer. Can I take those into the MDR to have with my meals? How about the buffet? Does it matter if it's cans or in a glass? Can I ask the waitstaff to get me a glass with ice? Just trying to get the ground rules down! TIA

Yes.

Some will flame you here in CC, on the ship, no problem.

Last two cruises as soon as I set my can of soda down on the table in the MDR I was offered a glass of ice. And this was not ship-sourced soda but the Pepsi products I carried on myself.

You do know that Princess allows you to bring your own soda onboard? And that the sodas you pre-ordered through the personalizer will not be waiting in your cabin. Only a voucher which you have to call room service to redeem--and good luck getting through to them on embarkation day, or even earlier than late morning/early afternoon the next day.

Take it anywhere.

Yes , I have done that many times. The wait staff that I had, were very nice about bringing me a glass of ice. : ) enjoy your cruise! :)

Yes.

Some will flame you here in CC, on the ship, no problem.

Yes they will on here, some of us remember when we had candles on the table on formal nights and it was elegant on Princess, that was before Carnivalization

not any more so just go for it

Why would someone flame him? There's no rule against bringing sodas on board or against bringing sodas to a dining venue. - EBC

I could see someone saying something like “Are you too cheap to just buy it on board?” But it has nothing to do with being cheap. It has everything to do with stretching my limited travel budget.

I could see someone saying something like “Are you too cheap to just buy it on board?” But it has nothing to do with being cheap. It has everything to do with stretching my limited travel budget.

Or possibly a brand or flavor that's not sold on board the ship. :cool:

I'm "guessing" you can take any beverage to any venue on the ship, including your room, as there is no 'open container' laws on the ship itself - except for age, drunks, etc,etc,etc :beer-mug:

you may/will have to pay/have paid a 'corkage' fee of $ 15 per bottle for any wine taken to the mdr...disclaimer...not sure about taking a bottle into Vines but others have posted they have and with no problem and the staff actually engaged them in conversation about the wine...

Now, let the corrections and clarifications begin !:cocktail:

come join us in the roll call for 8/18:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56771590&posted=1#post56771590

When you bring them on board it just boxed as from the store or in a tote bag perhaps labeled with a luggage tag? What is the easiest way?

My husband prefers Mountain Dew to any other soda, and since it’s not available on board, we buy a case, tape the edges with duct tape and make a duct tape handle for ease of transport, and attach a luggage tag. Works well.

Edited by CATGUY7
Added information

My husband prefers Mountain Dew to any other soda, and since it’s not available on board, we buy a case, tape the edges with duct tape and make a duct tape handle for ease of transport, and attach a luggage tag. Works well.

What a clever idea! I'll remember that next time. Thanks!

My husband couldn't live without his diet Dr Pepper and he knew he would not find it on board. We would buy two 12 packs, tape them together, and put a luggage tag on them. They were delivered right to our cabin. Of course this was made easier due to the fact that we always drove to the port.

I'm "guessing" you can take any beverage to any venue on the ship, including your room, as there is no 'open container' laws on the ship itself - except for age, drunks, etc,etc,etc :beer-mug:

you may/will have to pay/have paid a 'corkage' fee of $ 15 per bottle for any wine taken to the mdr...disclaimer...not sure about taking a bottle into Vines but others have posted they have and with no problem and the staff actually engaged them in conversation about the wine...

Now, let the corrections and clarifications begin !:cocktail:

With all the nickel and diming these days, if the can is unopened they might charge you a "pop top" fee;p;p;p