8-16-18 Thursday Day Weigh-In..Everyone Is Welcome..Come One Come All

Belle

Hi All, I'm Carol. I'd love to join the Thursday weigh in! Accountability is just what I need! Cruising Celebrity Edge in January, and I would like to lose 20 lbs.

See you here on Thursday. Hope everyone has a good week!

welcome carol, im new also to this thread im also on New and current weight watchers thread fill free to go back and forth...:)

Gloria

Hi All, I'm Carol. I'd love to join the Thursday weigh in! Accountability is just what I need! Cruising Celebrity Edge in January, and I would like to lose 20 lbs.

See you here on Thursday. Hope everyone has a good week!

Hi Carol - Welcome to the group ... We will be on the Edge in April, so I'm looking forward to hearing everything about the Edge before we go!! PS - this is a great group of people! Jan

Good Monday afternoon everyone,

Past couple weeks were still a struggle - too hot to do much outside besides swim, and too close to the kitchen the rest of the time...

The missus has been dipping a toe into the KETO waters, so yesterday we decided to go all in and try to stick to it together for at least a month. It's mostly what I prefer to do anyways (limit carbs and zero processed foods and sugar). But now more veggies, no fruit, lot's of proteins, and really keeping an eye on the daily carb count (no Guinness for a while :loudcry:).

Since I like salads, bacon, (all proteins really) and cheese - I feel like avoiding breads, pastas, and beans will be easy. Snacks are plain roasted almonds and a few dark chocolate baking chips in the evening.

Gotta do something to shakes things up, feeling like crap lately (mostly work and family drama) but if I'm eating right, I know I cope better. See ya'!

Welcome Gloria and Carol. Glad you joined us. Yes this is a good way to keep

accountable.

pacruise glad you did well at the 3 picnic's. I to just love being on the water.

I can just sit there and look at the ocean. So peaceful!

Mike how old is your son? I'm sure at that time there will be other kids.

If they go to the club 1st night they meet each other and just hang out.

Jan yes this is a great group of people on here. Isn't it nice to have a cruise to look forward too?

Been on Celebrity 2 times but years ago.

shootr at least you have a pool to swim in, in your hot weather. Nice your wife wants to

try to eat your way. Makes it easier for you. (does work and family drama ever go away?)

Think we all have it one way or the other! Is that why we eat???:(

Diana has it cooled down some for you? Do you have a pool like shootr?

Yes it's nice we have a few more joining our group.

Waiting for you out there to join us. We're nice and friendly.

Everyone enjoy your Tuesday.

Edited by Belle

Welcome Gloria & Carol:)

Shootr - our weather just broke and last night was much more comfortable:cool: I can certainly relate about not feeling like cooking or doing anything during the heat/humidity. Hoping with the cool weather I can get better with meals.

I do enjoy proteins and some veggies, but also am a carb girl. I suspect I need to start really restricting the carbs though if I'm to see any real change. Whole foods don't really take much more prep, but convenience foods are just so convenient:rolleyes:;p

Hope everyone has a great week!

Boo on me....I just realized I had not visited this thread! I was down 0.8 last week. Hoping for more this week but at least it was a down. I am afraid I might be disappointed this week though. I think I have eaten more than I should. No bad foods....I have just been "extra hungry" this week so feel like I have eaten more "quantity" but at least it was with "acceptable foods".

Congrats to those that lost. Better luck this week to everyone!

Hi ski, nice you had a loss.

Think that's all our problems. We think we did good but maybe eat to

much of the right food. Who knows?:confused: Our bodies plays tricks on us!:eek:

pacruise I like carbs to. Try to do less but days they get the best of me.

As you say so easy went don't want to cook!:p

Every have a good day/evening.

Wierd, it's 5pm, I'm full and only at 1200 calories, and less than 20 carbs for the day.

Cheese sticks, bacon bits in scrambled eggs, grilled chicken in buffalo sauce, some plain almonds, and a handful of dark chocolate baking chips.

So far, so good. We're heading out with the camper Saturday for a couple nights - packing zero carbs save for some nuts and the chocolate chips. I may trade those for a lite beer though...

Have a good week everyone, see ya Thursday.

ea0c3068aa2d1ab0885df9b6e409208f.jpg

What app are you using, Shootr? Great job being intentional with your packing.

If we do it right, we really can have a large volume of food with relatively few calories - it just takes work. When I'm already run down/run ragged it's harder to be intentional (even though that's probably when I need it most).

School starts next week. Hopefully I'll have more productive use of time with less chauffeur duties ;) and can get some better food practices in place.

What app are you using, Shootr? Great job being intentional with your packing.

If we do it right, we really can have a large volume of food with relatively few calories - it just takes work. When I'm already run down/run ragged it's harder to be intentional (even though that's probably when I need it most).

School starts next week. Hopefully I'll have more productive use of time with less chauffeur duties ;) and can get some better food practices in place.

To me it looks like shootr is using the Samsung Health app. I use it to along with Myfitnesspal.

Hi all I am new here. I am BJ. I had a hip replaced in February. So my health and recovery has been a priority. I have lost just shy of 30 pounds.

We are cruising through the Panama canal next January. I am so freaking excited! I have never taken a cruise. My DH has taken a windjammer cruise when he was in his 20s. But neither of us have gone on a big boat.

I am glad to have found this board.

BJ

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

To me it looks like shootr is using the Samsung Health app. I use it to along with Myfitnesspal.

Hi all I am new here. I am BJ. I had a hip replaced in February. So my health and recovery has been a priority. I have lost just shy of 30 pounds.

We are cruising through the Panama canal next January. I am so freaking excited! I have never taken a cruise. My DH has taken a windjammer cruise when he was in his 20s. But neither of us have gone on a big boat.

BJ

Thanks so much, BJ - and welcome!

I got a new Samsung phone this year, but never explored most of the included apps:o

Has your recovery been going well? I was diagnosed with an impingement in my hip last year but am too young at 45 for a replacement (and too old for a scraping). Hoping exercise, pt stretches, and weight loss will keep me functional.

Your first cruise sounds amazing:cool: My husband and I are getting ready to go on our 6th cruise, but they have all been 7 day or less. Planning to take his parents to Alaska in 2022 for their 50th anniversary and probably do HI for our 25th in 2020.

Be sure to check in to tomorrow's weigh-in!

BJ

Just wanted to add my welcome to this group --- I've never done the Panama canal, but have always wanted to do it. You will have to let us know what you think of it. What cruise line are you going on? Congrats on your weight loss ... and trying to be healthy:) Jan

Just wanted to add my welcome to this group --- I've never done the Panama canal, but have always wanted to do it. You will have to let us know what you think of it. What cruise line are you going on? Congrats on your weight loss ... and trying to be healthy:) Jan
Thanks Jan,

We are super excited. I will post a review. I downloaded a awesome vacation journal app.

Thanks for saying about the weight loss. However I think it is because I am way more mobile since the hip, and less to do with working out.

I have a lot more to lose. I am working out 6 days a week. That started a month ago.

Thanks again, support is the key.

BJ