Pullmantour MS Horizon 10/03-24/03

fosie

Cruiser dot com

We have settled on a few tours,

Dubai we are doing desert Safari on our first day on ship and second day we are doing a full day tour of Dubai with Burg Khalifa tickets through ABC tours,they will pick up from the port.

A tour of QE2 at end of the day 2,either 3pm or 5pm tour.

1 hour ago, aussie cruzer said:

Cruiser dot com

We have settled on a few tours,

Dubai we are doing desert Safari on our first day on ship and second day we are doing a full day tour of Dubai with Burg Khalifa tickets through ABC tours,they will pick up from the port.

A tour of QE2 at end of the day 2,either 3pm or 5pm tour.

Thanks Duncan.... really looking forward not only to these tours but ALL of them

On 12/31/2018 at 1:01 PM, pabi said:

Have a nice time !!! 

Thanks Maria,,

I'm getting some quotes for Athens cruise port to Airport with 90 min visit to Acropolis.

We have a 2.30pm flight,Pullmantur tour with airport drop off is for flights after 3.00pm.

Cost $80 p/p.

11 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

Thanks Maria,,

I'm getting some quotes for Athens cruise port to Airport with 90 min visit to Acropolis.

We have a 2.30pm flight,Pullmantur tour with airport drop off is for flights after 3.00pm.

Cost $80 p/p.

We have to stay overnight in Athens ( already booked a hotel ) because  there aren't direct flights from Athens to Toronto.... we fly to Frankfurt early the next morning to catch a flight to Toronto. 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:36 PM, aussie cruzer said:

Have a great new years eve all,I'm off to New Zealand on Saturday for a short break and looking forward to Dubai.

Duncan & Fran

Have a great trip to New Zealand, Duncan and Fran.

Liz and Peter.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the ship is almost sold out,starting to get final confirmation for tours...Petra is confirmed...my Aussie friends finally booked all there flights and we are all set to go.

I see there are few more tours available  on pullmantur website. 

Only six weeks to go next Thursday and we are off....can't wait.

Finally found this rollcall - We're on the ship for the trip from Dubai right through to Malaga. We will stay over at Torremolinos at an Airbnb for a week and then rejoin the ship for the Morocco and Portugal trip. Travelled on Pullmantur a couple of years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ship furnishings were a bit tired but the the food and entertainment was great (although we didn't stick around for the stand-up comedian as we don't speak Spanish). Basic beverage package was fine especially as it also includes barista coffees. They do have theme nights for dinner but probably only half the people participate.

Questions - It's not clear which Petra tour the people here are going on, we would prefer to go with a larger group as we are told that small groups often have their tour cancelled. We are also keen on the Dhow trip in Khasab if there is still room.

Rod & Jill

Hi Rod & Jill.

The Dhow trip you can contact them and add yourself to trip...cost is $30 p/p.

We booked for 8 people...pay cash on the day.

Petra we are going with Jordon Horizons & doing Petra / Wadi Rum $195...we have a private tour.

Muscat,we have all booked Mystic Muscat tour through ship.

ABC tours in Dubai will pick up from Dubai cruise port....we are all doing desert Safari first day on-board & city tour with Burg Kalifa tickets with drop off at QE2.

14 hours ago, NZ Sailor said:

Finally found this rollcall - We're on the ship for the trip from Dubai right through to Malaga. We will stay over at Torremolinos at an Airbnb for a week and then rejoin the ship for the Morocco and Portugal trip. Travelled on Pullmantur a couple of years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ship furnishings were a bit tired but the the food and entertainment was great (although we didn't stick around for the stand-up comedian as we don't speak Spanish). Basic beverage package was fine especially as it also includes barista coffees. They do have theme nights for dinner but probably only half the people participate.

Questions - It's not clear which Petra tour the people here are going on, we would prefer to go with a larger group as we are told that small groups often have their tour cancelled. We are also keen on the Dhow trip in Khasab if there is still room.

Rod & Jill

Hi Rod and Jill, welcome.  Glad you found the roll call.

We’re also going all the way from Dubai to Malaga.  So nice to have some more folks continuing on, and checking into the boards.

Duncan ( Aussie cruiser) is a great organizer and has done his research extremely well.  We are so very appreciative of all his hard work.

Liz & Peter.

Thanks for the links Duncan. Contacted both Horizons and Khasab tours. Khasab are now quoting 150 AED pp (~41 USD) for the Dhow cruise. We will need to find some others for the Petra trip as we thought we would just do Petra. First option if others are interested would be Horizons but otherwise we will just book on the Wonders Tours and Travel group tour.

Thanks for the greetings, Duncan, Liz and Peter.

Good to see a number of people on here all sharing their knowledge. New to Cruise critic but have done 4 other cruises before this through VTG around the Med (NCL - 2, Costa and Pullmantur)

petra.JPG

petra wonders.JPG

Rod & Jill.

I've contacted Oman about you guys getting our group price...will let you know there reply.

We got a group price for minimum eight.

Our Petra tour goes yo Wadi Rum too,I've always wanted to see it after watching Laurance of Arabia.....our mini van only holds eight.

Private tour is over $100 cheaper p/p than Pullmantur...plus highly recommended by friends.

Welcome to the boards Rod & Jill...

Can anyone please tell me how to get to the Pullman website... I wanted to see their prices for wifi etc. and I can't seem to be able to get to it.... I tried over a month ago and was able to find it ... now I forgot how to ... somehow I keep getting redirected to other websites selling Pullman cruises..... 

Just now, pabi said:

Welcome to the boards Rod & Jill...

Can anyone please tell me how to get to the Pullman website... I wanted to see their prices for wifi etc. and I can't seem to be able to get to it.... I tried over a month ago and was able to find it ... now I forgot how to ... somehow I keep getting redirected to other websites selling Pullman cruises..... 

Hi Maria.

Hope you had a great cruise,WiFi was for sale on Pullmantur website & then they took it off.

There are  some  extra shore excursions added too...nothing to exciting. 

12 minutes ago, aussie cruzer said:

Hi Maria.

Hope you had a great cruise,WiFi was for sale on Pullmantur website & then they took it off.

There are  some  extra shore excursions added too...nothing to exciting. 

thanks Duncan...we had a nice rest and now back to "reality" and very cold temperatures.... you could send some of the heat wave you are getting over this way ...lol... honestly I have never had that much trouble getting to or checking a cruiseline website.... Yes, they had the special on for the wifi and when I tried to book it, it disappeared !!! I just thought I would check again but i can't even get to their website.... 

Thanks Duncan, it may be that your Dhow is now full and they're setting up another group but hopefully we can squeeze in. We did look at doing the Wadi as well but thought we would concentrate on Petra. Will leave Petra for another week or two in case others want to join us for a private tour. The Wonders tour gets good reviews but is a big coach and presumably does a run around all the hotels before leaving. They also do a private tour from ships for $135 very up to 16 people but as yet they aren't organising one for our ship.

Yes, also saw that the wifi link had been taken down, we don't usually bother relying on catching up at each stop over a drink.

Aussie cruzer

I apologize for not answering sooner.  I am firming up my choices for Dubai, Khasab and Salalah, and I did notice some price raising, which is not good.  From Dubai I am doing a 1/2 day tour to Abu Dhabi from the cruise terminal, probably on March 10. 

I have found extensive discussions on Pullmantur Horizon and ports of call on Tripadvisor--well worth scanning and reading pertinent topics.  TA also has some good posts on visiting Muscat (easy to DIY) and, of course, visits to Dubai.  Khasab and Salalah are still iffy, and I am probably going to see what tours will lurk at the dock when we get there.

I thought the Muscat tour through Pullmantur was good value,hopefully we can do some shopping at the souk afterwards. 

Salahah more than likely we'll go up to the Oasis club,not much time there with late arrival.

Great idea to visit Abu Dhabi,the mosque is most beatiful building I've seen.

NZ Sailer.

I spoke with  Khasab  boat tour company today,they will do the $30 group price for you. 

If you want to join us,can you email them .

sales@dolphinkhasabtours.com

Tell them your joining the " Duncan Thelwall" group.

They are meeting us in cruise terminal at 9.00 am.

Would be nice if we had our own boat.😀