Pullmantour MS Horizon 10/03-24/03

fosie

14 hours ago, pabi said:

Okay, just finished reading the posts.... I think we want to do the Pullmantour Mystic Muscat as well.... have you tentatively  booked any of the tours besides the Petra one ? It would be great if the 8 choose to do all the same tours.... I am now going to check the Pullmantours excursions ...thanks for posting the link... I had been trying to find it but no luck !!!

Hi Duncan & Maria.   Thanks, Duncan, for doing the research.  As always, great job.

I do like the sounds of the Pullmantur Mystic Muscat tour and the Dow river cruise to fjords.  Very different from the Norway fjords, but interesting nonetheless.  

Will get DH to look at the tours after the weekend and then book.

Liz

I do not see a formal Pullmantur section for our sailing on the roll call section of Cruise Critic. I went through the listings to early 2018--did I miss it?  We should organize one for our sailing so all interested parties can participate and hopefully organize ourselves to insure English speaking guides.

I will join you in the Muscat Mystic tour so that we can get the English numbers.  Thanks

On 11/15/2018 at 12:47 AM, cruiserdotcom said:

Great tour you have posted!  Hope you can participate.  Sorry, I cannot.

Dante checked with Pullmantur and confirmed that we can book any of their excursions but English will be offered only if there are 10 or more English speakers booked.

Seems Pullmantur doesn't have a roll call section for specific cruises,looks like we have the numbers for English guide for Muscat.

After final payment I'll call Pullmantur and book Muscat tour & maybe WiFi deal,I know suites get it free in lounge,but price seems  reasonable  for 15 days,around $80.

Our Petra tour is $110 p/p cheaper than  ships tour...might look into desert safari from Dubai port,4x4 sand dunes and dinner...ABC tours quote $55 with pick up at port. 

14 hours ago, pabi said:

Okay, just finished reading the posts.... I think we want to do the Pullmantour Mystic Muscat as well.... have you tentatively  booked any of the tours besides the Petra one ? It would be great if the 8 choose to do all the same tours.... I am now going to check the Pullmantours excursions ...thanks for posting the link... I had been trying to find it but no luck !!!

Hi Maria,

We have only booked Petra private  so far....took me ages to find correct Pullmantur link,the other links don't work very well.

5 hours ago, Northbay said:

Hi Duncan & Maria.   Thanks, Duncan, for doing the research.  As always, great job.

I do like the sounds of the Pullmantur Mystic Muscat tour and the Dow river cruise to fjords.  Very different from the Norway fjords, but interesting nonetheless.  

Will get DH to look at the tours after the weekend and then book.

Liz

Hi Liz,

Welcome aboard,I had a look at Khasab local tours,the boat trip did look better and price is great $30.

I see the lower deck had higher seating if Peter needs to sit upright,looks like a fun trip....reminds me of those Asian junk boats.

10 minutes ago, aussie cruzer said:

Hi Liz,

Welcome aboard,I had a look at Khasab local tours,the boat trip did look better and price is great $30.

I see the lower deck had higher seating if Peter needs to sit upright,looks like a fun trip....reminds me of those Asian junk boats.

Gee... I also had quite  a time trying to find stuff on Pullman.... right now I am trying to figure out flights to come home after the cruise ends in Athens.... no direct flights coming home.... and some "choices" have way too many connecting points ...

13 minutes ago, pabi said:

Gee... I also had quite  a time trying to find stuff on Pullman.... right now I am trying to figure out flights to come home after the cruise ends in Athens.... no direct flights coming home.... and some "choices" have way too many connecting points ...

I know the plight.  That’s one reason doing the b2b.  

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

I will be boarding the ship on March 9 and am hoping to be able to leave the ship for more touring, specifically a half day tour to Abu Dhabi on the 9th or 10th.  I will check with our agent at VTG as to the feasibility.  I think we will have excess amounts of time to enjoy the ship during the cruise.

Yes, I plan to book the Mystic Muscat tour also. 

I just set up our cruise on the Cruise Critic Roll Call section in hopes of snagging more English speakers.  It is not the best section since it is lumped with "All others". 

I have found a private company that will pick up at the cruise terminal and will hopefully use them for the 1/2 day to Abu Dhabi (after checking with VTG agent).  I did not find any suitable Pullmantur options for the 9th or 10th.  I am arriving late on the 6th so can tour locally myself.

On 11/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, cruiserdotcom said:

I will be boarding the ship on March 9 and am hoping to be able to leave the ship for more touring, specifically a half day tour to Abu Dhabi on the 9th or 10th.  I will check with our agent at VTG as to the feasibility.  I think we will have excess amounts of time to enjoy the ship during the cruise.

5 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

I booked the Mystic muscat tour through Pullmantur website today.....got confirmation straight away.

Salalah is a tough choice. ..this one seems the best of a bad bunch.

Screenshot_2018-12-02-20-54-08.png

We are getting a quote from ABC Tours for a full day tour to Abudabi probably on the 7th ...also getting quotes on four other excursions...and once I hear back from them I’ll book Their prices on their website seem very reasonable.

Cruiserdotcom, Word of caution, Friday mornings some places won’t be open.

Duncan, I’m pretty sure we’ll be booking the Mystic Muscat tour you booked with Pullmantur, and the other private Dow cruise through the fjords.  Petra is dealt with and confirmed with you guys.

Liz

57 minutes ago, Northbay said:

We are getting a quote from ABC Tours for a full day tour to Abudabi probably on the 7th ...also getting quotes on four other excursions...and once I hear back from them I’ll book Their prices on their website seem very reasonable.

Duncan, I’m pretty sure we’ll be booking the Mystic Muscat tour you booked with Pullmantur, and the other private Dow cruise through the fjords.  Petra is dealt with and confirmed with you guys.

Liz

Liz & Duncan...just booked the Muscat Mystic with Pullman ... and we will be "in" for the Dow cruise through the fjords as well. 

4 hours ago, Northbay said:

Liz

Looks like we are all in for dhow cruise,I'll wait and see the final numbers before confirming with operator...$30 is a great deal.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:31 PM, pabi said:

Liz & Duncan...just booked the Muscat Mystic with Pullman ... and we will be "in" for the Dow cruise through the fjords as well. 

23 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

Maria,

I love it when a plan comes together...lol

Hi Duncan, we are also “in” for the Dhow river cruise to Fjords that you arranged.  $30...can’t beat that for a few hours on the water.  

Liz

4 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

I'll book it this weekend...8 of us for sure & maybe 2 "extras" ☺

Thanks Duncan...did anyone ever tell you that you are an awesome planner ???? !!!!!

On 11/11/2018 at 2:19 AM, cruiserdotcom said:

I have also booked this cruise.  I have been in contact with Sunshine Tours and Oman Days Tours, both for information regarding tours in Muscat, Salalaha and Khasab.  They will offer 1/2  day tours and have been recommended on TA and Cruise Critic.  Of course, they will be in English.  Any of you may contact them and get their prices for a van and then we can group up as we choose.  No payment to be made in advance.

Cruiserdotcom

8 of us are confirmed on Mystic Muscat tour.

$41

I will book Mystic Muscat but my final payment is not due until Dec. 29--rather wait to book until that date.

I did get confirmation from Renato at VTG that passengers can get off the ship at will on March 10,  just be sure to be back in time for sailing (of course!)

For Khasab, I would rather prefer a land tour of the area--I do admit that $30 is a bargain.

The tour provided by Oman Day Tours that I previously posted is fairly pricey, although cheaper than the Pullmantur option.  Not sure about this one.

• 3 weeks later...