Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

3 hours ago, mysty said:

Wonderful evening of Sri Lankan culture last night at the Kingsbury Hotel.  Singing, dancing, drumming, fire-eating!  Absolutely magical!

DSC06872.JPG.0be3530dc8169d7bff6de33ea2bfe20c.JPG

DSC06879.JPG.3508e7f981bd88ba7bafe8772f393d72.JPG

Well done Silversea! 

I thought it was excellent too. The numbers were down to about 170  but it was about the right length, just over an hour to reduce the cultural overload factor. I thought the drumming was amazing!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Did you try the fire eating yourselves M and Turtles? 

Ha Ha DW!  I can't speak for Turtle (although I did not notice any singed skin on his face later in the evening 😀).  I did not attempt it myself.  I do tend to avoid situations in which I may go up in flames.

• Haha 1

This may be of interest to people concerned about the new oval topped coffee tables.  Last night our butler delivered a square table top designed to fit over the oval surface to create a square dining surface.  Thanks Silversea!  Myster and I were not dining in the suite on this cruise because the oval top did not allow much surface area.  Now we will try a meal in the suite.  🙂

12 hours ago, mysty said:

This may be of interest to people concerned about the new oval topped coffee tables.  Last night our butler delivered a square table top designed to fit over the oval surface to create a square dining surface.

Aren't all of the coffee tables in the fleet's suites oval?  I don't remember one that wasn't, but it's been years since we've been on the Whisper.  And, wasn't the square top kept in your closest?  At least that's where it's been on the other ships we've been on.

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Aren't all of the coffee tables in the fleet's suites oval?  I don't remember one that wasn't, but it's been years since we've been on the Whisper.  And, wasn't the square top kept in your closest?  At least that's where it's been on the other ships we've been on.

Yes Stumble, the coffee tables are oval and were oval.  These are new larger oval tables.  The old square tops that were kept in the closet did not fit the new tables.  When we sailed in January there was no top to fit over.  Now there is one.  It is not square (my mistake).  It is more rectangular.  It does not fit in the closet.  It is too high to fit under the lower bar.  In our veranda 1 suite it is now stationed to the right of the veranda door leaning against the wall just under the light switches.

Myster and I did a walk about here.  Some pics.....

The Lady Whisper at anchor.....

DSC06897.JPG.c1fa60a7ae534309b3283fba6b676b44.JPG

Sultan Park.....

DSC06907.JPG.d33bc315ca98c2af3a5fbccff9ef5b19.JPG

From the grounds of Hukuru Miskiiy (the 17th-century Friday Mosque).....

DSC06911.JPG.590b14c9b3e8957e5070543f6c4e0310.JPG

DSC06914.JPG.cc268b894610a92fbfdd0fa1226ece4c.JPG

• Like 4

17 hours ago, mysty said:

Yes Stumble, the coffee tables are oval and were oval.  These are new larger oval tables.  The old square tops that were kept in the closet did not fit the new tables.  When we sailed in January there was no top to fit over.  Now there is one.  It is not square (my mistake).  It is more rectangular.  It does not fit in the closet.  It is too high to fit under the lower bar.  In our veranda 1 suite it is now stationed to the right of the veranda door leaning against the wall just under the light switches.

Ah, got it Mysty.  Thanks for the clarification as I didn't realize they had changed the size of the coffee table in the suites.  Your picture makes it perfectly clear!

I bet there was quite a stir among the crew as to where those table tops are stored.  I can only imagine what it would be like in the suites should the Whisper encounter rough seas (such as next February between the Falklands and Antarctica) with those tabletops leaned up against the walls and unsecured. 😦

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I bet there was quite a stir among the crew as to where those table tops are stored.  I can only imagine what it would be like in the suites should the Whisper encounter rough seas (such as next February between the Falklands and Antarctica) with those tabletops leaned up against the walls and unsecured. 😦

Agreed Stumble!  Not a pretty picture in more ways than one!  The tops may fit under the sofa but it would be an effort to get them under and an effort to get them out again.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mysty said:

Agreed Stumble!  Not a pretty picture in more ways than one!  The tops may fit under the sofa but it would be an effort to get them under and an effort to get them out again.

We were told that the carpenter would fix some sort of latch to maintain the table top in position. It does look incredibly ugly to have the underside of a table in the corner of the cabin and reflected in the mirror to make it seem twice as big. I'm wondering if this has been fully thought through?

• Like 2

Today we were at anchor off Praslin, Seychelles.  Myster and I did the Vallee de Mai tour.  It was a beautiful walk through the home of the fabled Coco de Mer, a World Heritage Site.

DSC06947.JPG.0097907f00eca4bbd706e187b42dd7e4.JPG

DSC06958.JPG.448052a3f8099df34badb860ef01cbc3.JPG

DSC06957.JPG.5f3a2918ca545cc666c85722598c415e.JPG

Then we went to the Cote D'Or Beach.....

DSC06971.JPG.b9f8f2b7c330e983166358dae2fe57bf.JPG

• Like 4