Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

12 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Thank you so much for the reply Mysty. I really want to see everything we can while we still can take full advantage of excursions off the ship. I plan to do as much as possible in the next few years. I just need to convince my other half that we're permitted to do it.

Agree with Mysty. If you put your life on hold because someone might die whilst you are away, you might as well resign yourself to the fact that your travel days are over, as you are getting older and that scenario is getting worse. My best friend died whilst I was on a cruise and we could not get back for the celebration of his life. Everyone understood that, so I recorded a speech, emailed it to my friends wife, and they played it at his service. I have two children, 5 grandchildren and a lot of friends and we will not schedule our lives around the thought that they may die whilst we are away. We just completed the Tale of Tales 2019 World Cruise where we made friends with Mysty, Mr and over 300 wonderful people. Fancy missing out on what was the best holiday we have ever had in our lives. Celebrate life, live it and cope with events as they occur.

• Like 2

Shanghai....Dumpling Revolution (cooking class to learn how to make Jiaozi Dumplings).  First a visit to a wet market.....

IMG_20190308_104004.jpg.1e349f0b1a571cc9a41f38c755eb3b34.jpg

IMG_20190308_100428.jpg.33689e54f494d7ac3872db9150e79f64.jpg

IMG_20190308_101519.jpg.ac9670c03246f10a50a708557e7b0a6d.jpg

IMG_20190308_100518.jpg.abc41c1e608763e31141afc89e3626e1.jpg

Then the cooking class.....

DSC06586.JPG.a9aa1eb5cfcf32fc7c58129df239aca1.JPG

DSC06589.JPG.c21471704aa922d627e7add1afd9f10d.JPG

We had our creations for lunch.  We did well!

Edited by mysty
  • Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 7:38 AM, cinbeach said:

Does anyone know who the Cruise Director, Restaurant Managers  and Captain are on the Whisper now.

thanks cindy

This may not be the best place to post your question as most of the WC folk are not currently on the Whisper.  Maybe start a new thread if you are interested in finding answers to your question.

The concept behind the Nha Hang Ngon Restaurant according to the tour description read "The concept behind the restaurant is to bring together many different street vendors under one roof. In this compact venue, a wide array of classic Vietnamese dishes from throughout the country are prepared with the flair, independence and simplicity of the impressive local street fare."  It was wonderful!

58 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Singapore's botanic garden may be the single most amazing site for orchids.  The for sharing your pics as it brings back many fond memories of our time there.

To express my thanks for following along Stumble.....Orchids from the Botanic Garden.....

DSC06753.JPG.9af8d1635c5655e392843114eacf14aa.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Singapore's botanic garden may be the single most amazing site for orchids.  The for sharing your pics as it brings back many fond memories of our time there.

And one more :).....

DSC06772.JPG.72ff0a6bc901e3085062effc8f301487.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

drron...thanks so much for your continued support on this "extended posting" effort.  I feel badly that the internet did not allow postings in the moment (even with premium service).  I may have out-stayed my welcome.  However, I will soldier on until the mob screams STOP!  🙂

Thanks also to Turtle and JP for your continued support!  Above and beyond the call of duty!  🙂  

• Like 1

Don't stop on my account! The SS boards have been wonderful these past months, with so many live-from threads and I've enjoyed all of them. Great to see so many of my cc friends having great visits to beautiful ports of call.

• Like 3

Don’t stop. I am sailing vicariously with you, even though I know you are home!

i enjoy all the live threads and trip reports here in cold Melbourne. 

We sail The Australian Coast Broome to Cairns in Sept / October so enjoy hearing about other people’s trips. 

• Like 2

Sorry Folks!  I tried to post a very short video from our evening at the Kingsbury Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka but obviously it did not work.  

Edited by mysty