Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

16 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Mysty - how was the food?  Any pics?

Myster and I enjoyed the food.  Not everyone enjoyed the excursion though.  Not sure if the food was a disappointment or if the wine was.  Here is the menu and photos of the dishes served.....

DSC08249.JPG.d446cb89a4513b9dde0d2375b78439e8.JPG

DSC08250.JPG.17aaec5f3eca35aec73b9e2aa12eb4cc.JPG

DSC08252.JPG.1491e3ce67dfa6a97e16a5f8902f7586.JPG

DSC08259.JPG.a2bc02e55b2ce7c3c65ec14911a9ec45.JPG

DSC08260.JPG.05b53311e57f004beb74c63fa1e08b2d.JPG

DSC08263.JPG.8b8cf1a304504b92f983d555bb6d5f4a.JPG

• Like 1

Photos from our day in St Malo.

From the sail in.....

DSC08416.JPG.de18e549717bb35209ed2c39ef6577ac.JPG

DSC08421.JPG.b0ed6fe0ea390cf5ba297038e2489098.JPG

Fom our amble along the walls of the old town.....

DSC08434.JPG.ccdba86cbdf041b1eaf41553bc1d5c29.JPG

DSC08442.JPG.d64c039671aa3102e0dff245ac47d341.JPG

DSC08449.JPG.412b47cc7b456a5e19da49c684c2ceae.JPG

The cannon is not really aimed at the Lady Whisper  🙂 ........

DSC08455.JPG.f63948da2561febbc24c80ee7d8f3379.JPG

DSC08474.JPG.334c6df98844312d5c690506dd7f06ab.JPG

Cathedrale St. Vincent.....

DSC08518.JPG.83cddb1a2c6e679ff75829c6f89537d0.JPG

DSC08523.JPG.58681b8740301d1603eeff3ed4008b3a.JPG

• Like 1

Thus ends the saga of Whispering Around the World 2019.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride!  Thanks so very much to all who took the time to post, to all who followed along quietly, to all who dropped in for a visit from time to time.  Your continued support has been gratifying in the extreme!

For those interested there is a blog of our wondrous journey available.  The first post is dated February 3, 2018 when our planning and excitment began.  Posts from that date until January 3, 2019 relate to research and planning for the trip.  The actual cruise coverage begins with the post dated January 5, 2019.  Here is the link to that entry.....

https://mpworldexploration2019.blogspot.com/2019/01/1-day-and-countingsan-fran-here-we-are.html

To our wonderful fellow cruisers on this adventure.....thanks for an awesome experience!  Please feel free to add thoughts, photos or special memories to this time capsule.

Until we meet again...thanks for the memories!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Oh mysty. Say it isn't so! I guess it's time to start planning for the next trip!

Enjoyed the trip immensely. Thanks for the hard work sharing it. I know firsthand how much work it is. Still haven't finished up my last trip, and that was the much shorter!

Until the next one...

• Thanks 1

Thanks Misty for taking us all with you on your World Cruise adventure.Your detailed reports made us feel we were sharing the journey with you so thanks for taking the time to provide all the readers with such informative reports.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

Incidentally, Mysty, I can confirm that the Lady Whisper is in fine fettle with no evidence of your debauched journey. 

We swept all the evidence under the carpet TTS!  Be careful of the bumps!  🙂

• Haha 2

Mysty -  Thank you so much for taking the time to write your blog which was fantastic.  It was particularly interesting to see your photos of things that we never saw in the same ports!  It gives us something to do next time.

Hope our paths cross again.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Hope our paths cross again.

Likewise EMT!  We enjoyed our travel together!  Hopefully the universe will conspire to create another opportunity!  🙂

Thanks much Mysty!

Enjoyed the photos and the commentary.

It was almost like being there. 

(I will never get DH on such a long cruise, he starts getting antsy after day 16)

and thanks for including the link to the blog!!!!

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

(I will never get DH on such a long cruise, he starts getting antsy after day 16)

Your DH's antsyness (which may not be a word but should be) is not uncommon.  When people ask us how long the cruise was and we say "4.5 months" they look at us as if we have two heads.  Luckily for us it was a treat!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, AJAX4444 said:

Once again Mysty, thank you for reawakening my wanderlust. You have shown me that simply having been to a place is not the same as having seen a place. Your blog is my future guide!

Best regards

Alan

Alan, thanks so much for your very kind words.  I wanted to respond and I wanted to try not to sound like a pompous git in the process.  I was very touched by your mention of the difference between having been to a place and having seen a place.  One of the fascinating things for me has been seeing the variety of different photos taken by others who were on the same excursions as we were.  We were all in the same place and yet we all noticed slightly different perspectives, different angles and different subjects for our shots.  Our eyes were looking at the same things and yet what we "saw" was unique to each one of us.  What really brought this home for me was the slide show that Tracy Fleming put together of photos submitted by fellow passengers on this cruise.  Stunning shots and thought-provoking ones.  Our great big beautiful world is filled with wonder.  And the wonder exists beyond the monuments, the UNESCO World Heritage sites, the waterfalls, the mountains and the popular tourist sites.  I'm glad your wanderlust has been reawakened Alan!  I hope you consider posting when you decide to venture forth!

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Alan, thanks so much for your very kind words.  I wanted to respond and I wanted to try not to sound like a pompous git in the process.  I was very touched by your mention of the difference between having been to a place and having seen a place.  One of the fascinating things for me has been seeing the variety of different photos taken by others who were on the same excursions as we were.  We were all in the same place and yet we all noticed slightly different perspectives, different angles and different subjects for our shots.  Our eyes were looking at the same things and yet what we "saw" was unique to each one of us.  What really brought this home for me was the slide show that Tracy Fleming put together of photos submitted by fellow passengers on this cruise.  Stunning shots and thought-provoking ones.  Our great big beautiful world is filled with wonder.  And the wonder exists beyond the monuments, the UNESCO World Heritage sites, the waterfalls, the mountains and the popular tourist sites.  I'm glad your wanderlust has been reawakened Alan!  I hope you consider posting when you decide to venture forth!

I will most certainly post when I get to do a tour. My daughters and grandchildren will insist on it 🙂 Perspective is something the human mind always seems to have problems with. I suppose it is as unique as our fingerprints. I have been to places on business trips and then with my children. There are differences in my memories of these visits as the reason for the visit was different. On a business trip one tends to miss a lot of the culture. With the children the emphasis may have been on fun or pleasure. Going there now would be curiosity. I will be looking for things I had missed previously, I would have time to analyse the cultural significance of what I discover now. With many of your photographs I found myself wondering how or why they had built something, rather than how I could use it. I want to go back and look at so much again with older eyes!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You may remember that when the 2019 World Cruise appeared there was an item about the Tale Tellers.  Here is a snippet:

Capture.JPG.892bb881638a2e32ae3bb892b544783a.JPG

And breaking news.......I received a message from the Silversea Team.  Please note the above-mentioned compellation of literary journal or artwork will only be available to the guests on the 2019 World Cruise. The message read:  "We can confirm that we are in the midst of producing a book that compiles all of the Tale Tellers' stories.  We are planning to send it to all of the 2019 World Cruise guests as a unique souvenir from this unforgettable journey. We can't wait to share this wonderful memento with you soon!" So thank you to Fernando Barroso de Oliveira (for asking about the compellation) and to the Silversea Team for responding! Awesomeness is coming!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2019 at 8:36 PM, mysty said:

You may remember that when the 2019 World Cruise appeared there was an item about the Tale Tellers.  Here is a snippet:

Capture.JPG.892bb881638a2e32ae3bb892b544783a.JPG

And breaking news.......I received a message from the Silversea Team.  Please note the above-mentioned compellation of literary journal or artwork will only be available to the guests on the 2019 World Cruise. The message read:  "We can confirm that we are in the midst of producing a book that compiles all of the Tale Tellers' stories.  We are planning to send it to all of the 2019 World Cruise guests as a unique souvenir from this unforgettable journey. We can't wait to share this wonderful memento with you soon!" So thank you to Fernando Barroso de Oliveira (for asking about the compellation) and to the Silversea Team for responding! Awesomeness is coming!

Apparently some of the 2019 WC passengers have received the Tale of Tales book.  Ours has not yet arrived and hopefully it will soon.  Just to let folks know that the books are on their way.  🙂 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Today is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada.  One of the many things I am thankful for is the opportunity we had to see our glorious world and meet amazing people (passengers, staff and crew) on this cruise.  I hope that everyone who touched our lives on this adventure are well and keeping their heads above water.  I don't know what our world will look like after our battle with COVID.  My fervent wish is that the opportunities to enjoy and explore our world will be restored.  Best wishes to all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2