Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

As far as I can recall, there is a standard American outlet up high, but it is marked “for shavers only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's the one! Thank you. It will take a normal LED nightlight. The cruise lines just don't want you plugging in high watt hair dryers and straighteners and things in there.

We take it to hotel rooms, too.

There is 24 hour room service included, with a room service menu. In addition during restaurant opening hours you can ask for items from the day’s menu.

In your stateroom there will be some room service breakfast order cards that you fill out at night and leave on the outside handle of your stateroom door. These include half hour time slots to tick. We use these to order tea and juice in our stateroom, then go in to Windows buffet for breakfast once we are up. In our experience the tea usually arrives at the beginning of the half hour time slot.

(If you can’t see the cards look in the information folder on your dressing table).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

HAND HYGIENE.

We always pack a pump action bottle of Antibacterial Handwash. This is in place of the tablets of soap provided in the bathroom. Leave the bottle behind at the end of your cruise!

ALWAYS wash your hands after using the washroom on and off the ship.

ALWAYS use the hand sanitisers where placed on and off the ship.

Azamara crew are very pro active with promoting the use of the sanitisers, so do get into that habit.

A stomach upset can ruin your long awaited cruise!!

• Like 1

Better yet, use these as the others do NOT protect you against Noro Virus:

https://www.amazon.com/Saalfeld-30824-Healthcare-Disinfectant-Norovirus/dp/B07FMD1VBC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1535299978&sr=8-2&keywords=clorox+wipes+for+norovirus

I put some in small, snack-size Ziploc baggies for the plane and the cabin. We each have a baggie and go in different directions as soon as we're in the cabin. Then I have another baggie for mid-week since the stewards transfer Noro from room to room and we could easily bring it back to the cabin as well.

• Like 3

Go to Windows Cafe and ask for some Chocolate Gelato in a cup with some chocolate syrup. Proceed to coffee station and add some milk or half and half, stir together and, Voila, you’ve made yourself a delicious chocolate shake! Numerous variations on this are of course possible.

• Like 1

We're taking our first Amazara cruise in January 2019. Our morning routine includes cappuccino or latte. Are specialty coffee drinks included? Where can they be obtained? Can you get one in the dining room or with room service? Thanks!

Yes, cappuccino or latte are included. You can get them at Mosaic Cafe, in the dining room, in the buffet...not sure about room service though.

Yes, cappuccino or latte are included. You can get them at Mosaic Cafe, in the dining room, in the buffet...not sure about room service though.

We had a mid-ship room. It was convenient, with (in our case) one flight of stairs to the Mosaic Cafe. Not a big deal, but after a few days, the proximity was comforting. Easy to bring things from Mosaic for the spouse.

Enjoy your trip.

• Thanks 1

Some basic questions:

It’s been suggested to book spa treatments, specialty restaurants and chefs table as soon as you get aboard the ship. I assume one books the spa on deck 9 at the spa. Is there someone at the specialty restaurants when you board or are reservations through the phone only? With whom do you make your Chefs Table reservation?

Will we know when the White Night Party will occur so as to not book something else that night? Our cruise is a repositioning one and has no late nights in port and a number of days at sea.

Some basic questions:

It’s been suggested to book spa treatments, specialty restaurants and chefs table as soon as you get aboard the ship. I assume one books the spa on deck 9 at the spa. Is there someone at the specialty restaurants when you board or are reservations through the phone only? With whom do you make your Chefs Table reservation?

Will we know when the White Night Party will occur so as to not book something else that night? Our cruise is a repositioning one and has no late nights in port and a number of days at sea.

The person taking your booking will have a list of all the important dates to avoid. We usually avoid the Indian Buffet, White Night, Azamazing Evening and any other special buffet that takes our fancy. We have occasionally been caught out by being invited to a hosted table, but we find the speciality restaurants are very understanding and rebook us as needed.

Some basic questions:

There is sometimes a ‘restaurant reservation’ table after security in the terminal when you embark. If not there is a desk inside the main entrance to Windows Buffet (aft on Deck 9) where you can make bookings for the speciality restaurants and the Chefs Table. They will know when White Night will be.

There is sometimes a ‘restaurant reservation’ table after security in the terminal when you embark. If not there is a desk inside the main entrance to Windows Buffet (aft on Deck 9) where you can make bookings for the speciality restaurants and the Chefs Table. They will know when White Night will be.

I've also seen a specialty restaurant reservation desk in Discoveries on embarkation.

There is a steam room in the spa that is available for all guests to use free of charge--just speak to the staff at the desk.

You can also use the showers in the spa - they’re bigger than the showers in Inside, Ocean-view & Verandah staterooms. No clinging shower curtains either.

• Like 4

There is a steam room in the spa that is available for all guests to use free of charge--just speak to the staff at the desk.

The steam rooms on other Lines, well specifically Celebrity, are just part of the shower changing room in the spas next to the inside pool why do you need to ask about using the Azamara one? Is it in a more restrictive space?

I’m starting to look beyond Celebrity and trying Crystal this Dec and will look at Azamara too.

Are there special benefits being Elite Plus on Azamara except being told I cruise X a lot??

Den

The steam rooms on other Lines, well specifically Celebrity, are just part of the shower changing room in the spas next to the inside pool why do you need to ask about using the Azamara one? Is it in a more restrictive space?

I’m starting to look beyond Celebrity and trying Crystal this Dec and will look at Azamara too.

Are there special benefits being Elite Plus on Azamara except being told I cruise X a lot??

Den

Azamara doesn’t have an inside pool. The steam rooms are in the spa itself.

Azamara’s loyalty club is Le Club Voyage (LCV) and has reciprocal arrangements with Celebrity Captain’s Club and Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor. As Elite Plus you are Discoverer Plus on Azamara and get a number of benefits including 7% discount, $200/$300 OBC and a reduced deposit when you book onboard, 120 free WiFi minutes or $130 towards a full Voyage WiFi package, a free bag of laundry per full week & some savings on things like the spa etc. Here’s a link to the main LCV page on Azamara’s website. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits.

Note that to get the free complimentary nights that are mentioned 50% of your qualifying voyages have to be with Azamara.

Silly question- when a shore excursion says "knees must be covered", does this apply to men also? DH was planning on shorts when we go ashore in HOT Greece in a couple of weeks....

Churches/museums might not let him in. Check itinerary.

Silly question- when a shore excursion says "knees must be covered", does this apply to men also? DH was planning on shorts when we go ashore in HOT Greece in a couple of weeks....

Yes, although it depends on how long the shorts are. If he wears long shorts that go to the knees or covers them, then he should be fine. I've also heard they'll turn away women at some sites if they're wearing tops that are too revealing but I've never seen that. A lot just depends on the venue and how strict they are.