Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

We find storage space to be a bit limited, in the bathroom in particular. We always take one of those hanging shoe organisers to hang behind the bathroom door. Handy for Suntan lotion and all sorts.

There are 3 shelves in the bathroom (1 stocked with the complimentary toiletries). The closet in the cabin has tons of hangers and you can ask for more. There is also a small “bureau” with 4 drawers, plus drawers in the desk. There is also a cubby to the right of the closet with another shelf. Plus there is room under the bed to store your luggage. We found the space more than adequate.

• Like 2

Does this apply to all showers throughout the ship?

It applies to Inside, Ocean View and Verandah staterooms. Suites, both Club Continent & the larger suites, have bigger showers. Club Continent suites either have a tub with a shower over, or a glass doored shower cubicle.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

It applies to Inside, Ocean View and Verandah staterooms. Suites, both Club Continent & the larger suites have bigger showers. Club Continent suites either have a tub with a shower over, or a glass doored shower cubicle.

Thank you. This thread is Azamazing! I have leant so much ----feel almost ready for our first AZ cruise!

There are no fans in the bathrooms. I knew this ahead of time and brought a solid air freshener with a neutral scent. It also helps to crack the door when showering to reduce the fog on the mirror. Speaking of mirrors, there is a mirror to the side of the main bathroom mirror that flips and one side is magnified for shaving or applying makeup.

Although you *can* drink from morning ( mimosas for breakfast, anyone?) til the wee hours, because of the inclusive nature of the spirits, I would in no way classify an Azamara cruise as a “booze cruise.” I never once saw anyone obnoxiously inebriated, and in fact, I understand that if that were the case, the cruise line reserves the right to cut off the passenger’s drinking privileges for the remainder of the cruise. For the non drinker, or those in recovery, there is a daily AA meeting available.

• Like 3

There are no fans in the bathrooms. I knew this ahead of time and brought a solid air freshener with a neutral scent. It also helps to crack the door when showering to reduce the fog on the mirror. Speaking of mirrors, there is a mirror to the side of the main bathroom mirror that flips and one side is magnified for shaving or applying makeup.

There was certainly an air extraction vent in the shower room on our recent Pursuit cruise (V1 cabin) . Also, you need to beware that opening the door whilst showering has been known to set off the fire alarm. This is oftened mentioned when doing an engine control room or Bridge visit whilst on board. I imagine you have to be having a pretty steamy shower though!

There was certainly an air extraction vent in the shower room on our recent Pursuit cruise (V1 cabin) . Also, you need to beware that opening the door whilst showering has been known to set off the fire alarm. This is oftened mentioned when doing an engine control room or Bridge visit whilst on board. I imagine you have to be having a pretty steamy shower though!

Maybe they added that feature when doing the Pursuit retrofit? Glad I didn’t set off any alarms!! I only cracked the door a little.

The steam rooms on other Lines, well specifically Celebrity, are just part of the shower changing room in the spas next to the inside pool why do you need to ask about using the Azamara one? Is it in a more restrictive space?

I’m starting to look beyond Celebrity and trying Crystal this Dec and will look at Azamara too.

Are there special benefits being Elite Plus on Azamara except being told I cruise X a lot??

Den

I'm afraid this is not entirely accurate. Saunas are available in the shower/changing rooms onboard Celebrity ships. Steamrooms are inside of the "Persian Garden" and require either separate admittance, either traveling Aqua class, paying for a pass, or having a spa treatment day of. Elite and "higher" tiers of CC get one free use on a port day.

FAO Host Grandma

This thread is providing excellent advice for new persons to Azamara who read Cruise Critic, despite the odd thread drift for which I for one apologise.

I wonder if it’s now possible to create a sticky document detailing the advice that can be printed out and kept updated, similar to the cabins thread that UKTOG created to great effect. It should be possible to create a pdf document in say MSWord, or Apple Pages to attach to the thread. It would of course need a disclaimer that Azamara may change some some of the information.

• Like 1

FAO Host Grandma

This thread is providing excellent advice for new persons to Azamara who read Cruise Critic, despite the odd thread drift for which I for one apologise.

I wonder if it’s now possible to create a sticky document detailing the advice that can be printed out and kept updated, similar to the cabins thread that UKTOG created to great effect. It should be possible to create a pdf document in say MSWord, or Apple Pages to attach to the thread. It would of course need a disclaimer that Azamara may change some some of the information.

I agree, if it does not get sorted into categories as an attachment its going to have very little value to new cruisers anger term and there will be so much to have to trawl through. Categories could be Dining, Entertainment, Cabins,Excursions, Bar (perhaps align to the categories under the Plan/Already booked on the Azamara website.

PS I am about to work on the cabin spreadsheet, hope to get a new one up in the next few days

• Like 1

FAO Host Grandma

Good idea, Azamarajunkie and Uktog. I’ll have a think about how best to set out such a document. I think it would have to be a word document as I don’t think a spreadsheet would work.

I’m on holiday at the moment, in Greece, so it will be a while before I can put it together.

Good idea, Azamarajunkie and Uktog. I’ll have a think about how best to set out such a document. I think it would have to be a word document as I don’t think a spreadsheet would work.

I’m on holiday at the moment, in Greece, so it will be a while before I can put it together.

First, let me say this thread is fabulous for those of us who are Azamara virgins!!

Here's a thought for a document:

Maybe a spreadsheet (Excel) or table (Word) with first column for category and second column for tips/info. Then the reader can sort on the first column and there is no need for a contributor to figure out how to format an additional bit of info into an existing category... Just add it to the end of the document.

Please let me know if I can help with that. Thank you again!!

First, let me say this thread is fabulous for those of us who are Azamara virgins!!

Here's a thought for a document:

Maybe a spreadsheet (Excel) or table (Word) with first column for category and second column for tips/info. Then the reader can sort on the first column and there is no need for a contributor to figure out how to format an additional bit of info into an existing category... Just add it to the end of the document.

Please let me know if I can help with that. Thank you again!!

I love the thread and info in it, too- Thanks to all who are contributing. And, the excel spreadsheet with just a category for the first column, then, notes for the next---that would work well, I think.

Thanks again to all who have shared info on this thread.

You can see the Excursions offered for your cruise through your voyage Planner. You can log in to it either through ‘My Account Login ‘ or ‘Voyage Planner Login’ on the bottom menu of the Azamara website.

If you want to print a copy of the excursions for your cruise find your cruise on the Azamara website, click on ‘View Itinerary Details’, then click on the Shore Excursions tab, then click on ‘View All Shore Excursions for this Voyage’, then scroll down a little way to find and click on ‘View Printer Friendly E-Brochure of all Shore Excursions’.

Make sure that you are in the right version to get the prices in your currency. To do this scroll down to the very bottom of the page where you will see a flag - click on it o find your country’s flag.

* Note that only one person at a time from a booking can be logged into the Voyage Planner for their cruise.

• Like 2