Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

10 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Sorry - I edited my post to add that we’re not using the flights provided, so we were planning on going to the airport terminal on the morning, from the airport hotel we’ve booked, to use the transfer provided.  We don’t want to use it now as we could spend the morning in Nice and enjoy lunch, leaving our luggage in storage in the hotel. 

Oh, okay! That makes sense.

• Like 1

Most of our cruising experiences have been with MSC.  We’ve had priority boarding for many years, now, and could always turn up early for embarkation, regardless of our allotted time. Being an Az newbie, I’ve posed the question on this thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Most of our cruising experiences have been with MSC.  We’ve had priority boarding for many years, now, and could always turn up early for embarkation, regardless of our allotted time. Being an Az newbie, I’ve posed the question on this thread. 

In the pre-Covid era, it used to work that way on Azamara too, but these days, it’s still evolving. In your shoes, I’d probably go have a really nice lunch and turn up a bit later in the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My husband left his iPad in our stateroom on our last cruise. I was given a rccl number to call but that didn’t work. Then I called Azamara. After a total of one and a half hour on the phone I finally got this info from Azamara. I hope this could help others. 

From Azamara. 

I was finally able to get ahold of someone and got some information for you regarding your husband’s lost iPad. I was not aware of this but for lost items there is actually a website where you can report the lost item and when they find it, they ship it to you. Below I have a link for the website and I started the process to see how this is done, and it’s quite eaSy. All you have to do is click “report lost item” at the top of the page, type “Azamara Club Cruises” as where you lost the item, and there’s a form on the next page where you put in your address, cruise information, and what the item is and they ship it to you. There is also an email where all lost items should be reported to, which I also have below. You will need your booking number, ship name and journey date. I hope this is helpful and if I can help with anything else, please let me know. I’m sorry it took so long and I appreciate your patience.

www.chargerback.com  - website where you can start the lost item claim

lostitemstatus@rccl.com – email address where this should be reported to

AZAMARA®

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, harrodsfan said:

My husband left his iPad in our stateroom on our last cruise. I was given a rccl number to call but that didn’t work. Then I called Azamara. After a total of one and a half hour on the phone I finally got this info from Azamara. I hope this could help others. 

From Azamara. 

I was finally able to get ahold of someone and got some information for you regarding your husband’s lost iPad. I was not aware of this but for lost items there is actually a website where you can report the lost item and when they find it, they ship it to you. Below I have a link for the website and I started the process to see how this is done, and it’s quite eaSy. All you have to do is click “report lost item” at the top of the page, type “Azamara Club Cruises” as where you lost the item, and there’s a form on the next page where you put in your address, cruise information, and what the item is and they ship it to you. There is also an email where all lost items should be reported to, which I also have below. You will need your booking number, ship name and journey date. I hope this is helpful and if I can help with anything else, please let me know. I’m sorry it took so long and I appreciate your patience.

www.chargerback.com  - website where you can start the lost item claim

lostitemstatus@rccl.com – email address where this should be reported to

AZAMARA®

Good luck and Please report if he gets it back.   I'm not sure if this is  the same as what we used in August 2018 after my DH lost his prescription Maui Jim sunglasses which were in a distinctive case.   But, sadly, they were never recovered.     Hope you have a better outcome.

I don’t know if this has been answered somewhere in the last 56 pages, but I am wondering if you can book spa or salon services ahead of boarding. I can’t seem to find this answer on Azamara website. It’s actually a very unhelpful website!

1 hour ago, luvsmickey said:

I don’t know if this has been answered somewhere in the last 56 pages, but I am wondering if you can book spa or salon services ahead of boarding. I can’t seem to find this answer on Azamara website. It’s actually a very unhelpful website!

No you can’t as far as I am aware.

Hi All,

Experienced cruisers but first time Azamara with late booking for a cruise on Azamara Pursuit in a few days. I have emailed and tried calling to book an 'Experience more Package' but so far can’t get a response (cut the last call after a wait of 1hr 10m).  Would anyone know if these packages can be purchased on board?

Many thanks,

D

6 hours ago, Delvinium said:

Hi All,

Experienced cruisers but first time Azamara with late booking for a cruise on Azamara Pursuit in a few days. I have emailed and tried calling to book an 'Experience more Package' but so far can’t get a response (cut the last call after a wait of 1hr 10m).  Would anyone know if these packages can be purchased on board?

Many thanks,

D

Our upcoming trip will be our first on Azamara. So I am as far from an expert as possible. However I tried to book one of these packages using OBC and they (Azamara phone rep) told I could not do that prior to boarding and I would have to do it on board. 

5 hours ago, jwilcox said:

Our upcoming trip will be our first on Azamara. So I am as far from an expert as possible. However I tried to book one of these packages using OBC and they (Azamara phone rep) told I could not do that prior to boarding and I would have to do it on board. 

FYI my TA claims you can indeed buy the packages up front, and actually suggested doing so. I haven't actually bought it yet so she may have been wrong. I was using $1000 of my OBC to buy a $1499 Indulgence package. It appears I just pay the $499 difference in cash (or more specifically, card).

Possibly Azamara don't sell them direct but TA's can get them on your behalf? Or maybe someone is incorrect in what they are claiming..

1 minute ago, federalexpress said:

FYI my TA claims you can indeed buy the packages up front, and actually suggested doing so. I haven't actually bought it yet so she may have been wrong. I was using $1000 of my OBC to buy a $1499 Indulgence package. It appears I just pay the $499 difference in cash (or more specifically, card).

Possibly Azamara don't sell them direct but TA's can get them on your behalf? Or maybe someone is incorrect in what they are claiming..

I think there may be two ideas going on here. I have bought an Essentials package prior to the cruise, but I was not able to use onboard credit for it. Maybe that has changed recently?

When I am onboard, I have been able to use onboard credit to buy dining packages. They like to sell those to people already onboard, because they normally book our three dinners at the time of buying the package.

6 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I think there may be two ideas going on here. I have bought an Essentials package prior to the cruise, but I was not able to use onboard credit for it. Maybe that has changed recently?

When I am onboard, I have been able to use onboard credit to buy dining packages. They like to sell those to people already onboard, because they normally book our three dinners at the time of buying the package.

Interesting. My TA was clear in her email to me that I could use my OBC against the Indulgence package but she might have got it wrong. Will find out soon enough! Is it also possible that some OBC is different? I recall reading somewhere that TA supplied OBC can be used slightly differently to Azamara supplied OBC. But not totally sure about that. I'm in a suite so maybe that changes things? For example, I would not need to buy speciality dining (other than chef's table). Given the uncertainty, I'll report back when I try to buy my Indulgence package and let people know if it proved possible.

• Thanks 1

Uktog put a useful tip in the ‘Anyone on Board’ topic. 
One useful change I’ve noticed on Quest. There’s a QR code on each days Insider that takes you to the Main Dining Room menu. So it’s easy to make dining plans a little earlier- no waiting for the menu to be put up mid afternoon.”

While not a tip, rather an observation from an Az newbie - everything (positive) I’ve read on here matches our experience onboard.  From the food, to the service, to the friendly passengers.  We’re just 24 hours onboard and are blown away. 

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

While not a tip, rather an observation from an Az newbie - everything (positive) I’ve read on here matches our experience onboard.  From the food, to the service, to the friendly passengers.  We’re just 24 hours onboard and are blown away. 

From an old hand, I am so glad you like Azamara.  Continue to enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

I’m so pleased you’re enjoying your first Azamara cruise! We just boarded Pursuit today, and it’s wonderful to be on a ship again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

That’s great to hear. That’s how we felt on our first Azamara cruise & is why we keep coming back.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 10:17 PM, Delvinium said:

Hi All,

Many thanks,

D

Just following up and pleased to confirm that we are onboard now and the ‘Experience more Packages’ are available for purchase at guest services 😀. Thanks to the Guest Services team for the great service and thanks all for your responses. Safe travels, D

• Like 3

I'm sure this has been asked before and I'm sorry if I'm asking again - I'm going googly eyed trolling through the previous comments.  We want to plan a visit to a music hall in Barcelona but don't want to book for the night that might be the azamazing evening.  How do you know which evening it will be ? 

On 8/7/2022 at 11:09 PM, Beamafar said:

So good to hear - we are MSC fans from way back but also think we will be a good fit for Azamara.  I'm so looking forward to trying something new.  We tried Princess, Costa (a few times) RCCL, and Genting, another company that is now bust and havent found our fit yet.