Clearwater Beach

Jember

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 2:24 PM, Jember said:

Just returned yesterday. We loved Clearwater Beach!! We took the NCL free ferry to St. George's on Monday. Once off the ferry there were a number of minibuses and taxi's available. we took the minibus for $7pp one way. Clearwater was about 15 minutes away. Rented two lounge chairs and umbrella for $35. the beach was not crowded at all. There is a beach bar, bathrooms and you can rent things such as snorkel gear, kayaks etc.Saw a ton of turtles in the water! We took taxi back to St. George and then the free ferry back to Dockyard.

This is how we plan on getting there too, although we may walk to the nature reserve for a more private beach.  How much did your taxi back cost?  I’ve seen two very different prices listed here. 

On 9/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, Charles4515 said:

Up to you but I would not do Clearwater from the Dockyard when the ferry is not running. It is on the other end of Bermuda. Too time consuming and expensive. Also keep in mind that you being there so late in the year makes return transportation to the Dockyard could be more difficult. Also that late in the year might not be the best beach weather. Water temps drop then and air temp will be in the mid 70's. Might be okay if you are from New England.

We will be there the first week in September. I assume it’s still warm enough to go then, and that transportation won’t be a problem. We have 3 days in Bermuda so I don’t mind spending the time traveling to go there. 

35 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We will be there the first week in September. I assume it’s still warm enough to go then, and that transportation won’t be a problem. We have 3 days in Bermuda so I don’t mind spending the time traveling to go there. 

It's well worth the time to get there. We always go there when we are on the NCL 7 day Bermuda cruises from NY that spend 3 days there.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 9:00 AM, Charles4515 said:

Exact change in coins. No paper bills. 

Thank you. What other currency does the bus take- tokens? I'd rather be prepared. Where do I buy, and how much should I buy for bus back to ferry from Clearwater? I most likely will not be using other public transport, so no need for the pass.

We just got back from our Bermuda cruise.  Sadly, we got rained out on our full day, which was supposed to be our Clearwater Beach day :classic_sad:   So, I will just have to book another Bermuda cruise because Clearwater Beach, the Reserve and Gombey's make me very happy.

Edited by dznymom

8 minutes ago, dznymom said:

We just got back from our Bermuda cruise.  Sadly, we got rained out on our full day, which was supposed to be our Clearwater Beach day :classic_sad:   So, I will just have to book another Bermuda cruise because Clearwater Beach, the Reserve and Gombey's make me very happy.

Sorry to hear, and hope you get back soon. Did you have trouble getting a cab back to the ferry from Clearwater? All the stories are making me nervous to go! Lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dznymom said:

I’m so sorry to hear that!  What did you do instead?

31 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

Sorry to hear, and hope you get back soon. Did you have trouble getting a cab back to the ferry from Clearwater? All the stories are making me nervous to go! Lol

No, we never left the Dockyard that day as the weather was not going to cooperate at all.  But last year, we just had them call us a cab from Gombey's.  It didn't take long at all, and waiting a few minutes with a Dark & Stormy was no hardship :classic_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I’m so sorry to hear that!  What did you do instead?

We had friends staying at the Southhampton Fairmont (formerly Princess) so they came to the Dockyard and we shopped a bit and then hunkered down in the Frog and Onion for a couple hours.  I was really looking forward to showing them Clearwater, so it was a little disappointing, but it was still a fun day.  I have never had a bad day in Bermuda!!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1bets1 said:

Your best bet is to make arrangements with the cab driver who brings you to return at a specific time to pick you up.

1 minute ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I haven’t read anything about changing facilities here. Are the bathrooms large enough to change in?  We were thinking about walking around St George after and would want to change clothes first. 

It's a building with a few pretty regular bathroom stalls. Assuming you don't need a ton of space to change, you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

I think the taxi backto the ferry was like $10. The taxi was right out front when we wanted to leave. the bathroom was very clean and had plenty of space to change.

Edited by Jember

Hi, we will be in Bermuda the last week of October. Can anyone suggest a place to rent kayaks.  We have never kayaked before so we are looking for someplace that is easy.  We would also like it to be near or on a beach.  We will dock at 8:30 on a Wednesday and be there all day on Thursday and leaving at noon on Friday.  

Also, best place to go for beach glass.  

Thanks for your help.

53 minutes ago, swogs221 said:

Hi, we will be in Bermuda the last week of October. Can anyone suggest a place to rent kayaks.  We have never kayaked before so we are looking for someplace that is easy.  We would also like it to be near or on a beach.  We will dock at 8:30 on a Wednesday and be there all day on Thursday and leaving at noon on Friday.  

Also, best place to go for beach glass.  

Thanks for your help.

I found that it was pretty easy to find beach glass at St. Catherine's Beach, which is in St. George's parish. It's about a five minute walk from Tobacco Bay to St. Catherine's Beach, although Tobacco Bay is my least favorite beach on Bermuda.

I can't recommend any kayak information.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Technically you're not allowed to remove the sea glass from beaches and if the cruise ship catches you taking it on board they're supposed to seize it.

Personally I don't see the appeal anyway - it's just piece of broken glass from bottles smoothed out by friction. It's basically just garbage.

2 hours ago, swogs221 said:

Hi, we will be in Bermuda the last week of October. Can anyone suggest a place to rent kayaks.  We have never kayaked before so we are looking for someplace that is easy. 

Island Tour Centre for a tour

https://www.islandtourcentre.com

On your own H2O sports and Somerset Bridge Sports

https://www.h2osportsbermuda.com/kayaks/

https://bdawatersports.com/kayaks/

6 hours ago, richg35 said:

Personally I don't see the appeal anyway - it's just piece of broken glass from bottles smoothed out by friction. It's basically just garbage.

thank you.  We were there 10 years ago and we brought beach glass back but I did hear there are restrictions now.  I think you can take a few pieces back on the ship.