AMA Waterways waived single supplement for one cruise?

CruisingSince2012

During my last vacation, a 7-night land tour with Road Scholar of the Black Hills area, someone else in the group asked me if I have plans for anyv future trips. I said "Danbue River cruise in June next year." She got a mouthful of information - 2 full days in Budapest that include visiting the biggest synagogue in Europe; stops in small towns and Vienna; debark in Prague and psend 3 more days there. I did not pressure her to choose the same cruise line, itinerary, and dates, but she really was interested in Melodies of the Danube on the Ama Sonata.

It took her only two weeks to make a decision. After clicking on links I sent her (we exchanged email addresses) and cruise reviews right here on Cruise Critic, she contacted AMA Waterways. Surprise! The cruise line has informed her they "waived thef single supplement" for our dates. Huh? The cruise line has a single supplement on most cruises but not June 12-19? I have never heard of cruise lines doing this. It can't be related to being a frequent cruiser because she never sailed on AMA Waterways before. How is this possible?

During my last vacation, a 7-night land tour with Road Scholar of the Black Hills area, someone else in the group asked me if I have plans for anyv future trips. I said "Danbue River cruise in June next year." She got a mouthful of information - 2 full days in Budapest that include visiting the biggest synagogue in Europe; stops in small towns and Vienna; debark in Prague and psend 3 more days there. I did not pressure her to choose the same cruise line, itinerary, and dates, but she really was interested in Melodies of the Danube on the Ama Sonata.

It took her only two weeks to make a decision. After clicking on links I sent her (we exchanged email addresses) and cruise reviews right here on Cruise Critic, she contacted AMA Waterways. Surprise! The cruise line has informed her they "waived thef single supplement" for our dates. Huh? The cruise line has a single supplement on most cruises but not June 12-19? I have never heard of cruise lines doing this. It can't be related to being a frequent cruiser because she never sailed on AMA Waterways before. How is this possible?

It has nothing to do with being a frequent cruiser. AMA Waterways does waive a single supplement on many (not all) of the sailings.