Pullmantur Zenith 27th October, Secret Corners of the Med

jefa

Hi, I've just booked this cruise today and have a few questions that don't seem to be answered on their website. Booking excursions it says that there needs to be 10 minimum for an English speaking guide. I am happy to be on a spanish speaking tour, so if I book will they hold out for 9 more english speakers, or just book me on the spanish tour? Also some excursions are up to 11 hours long. Do they do comfort stops? I am used to cruising with Princess and their excursion details have everything you need to know, which Pullmantur doesn't seem to.

Really looking forward to this cruise, I wonder if anyone on CC will be joining me

Hello Jefa, iI am cruising the week b4 you on Zenith Yes they will have you tour in Spanish if less than 10 english speaking passengers .Of course they will pit stop for the comfort of passengers I"m 60+ and need a comfort station every 90 mins LOL

Phew, thanks for your reply especially about the comfort stops, I'm in the same boat. Put me on a bus and I immediately need the loo!!!

Enjoy your cruise, have you booked any of the excursions yet? The packages look good value.

Hi, I've just booked this cruise today and have a few questions that don't seem to be answered on their website. Booking excursions it says that there needs to be 10 minimum for an English speaking guide. I am happy to be on a spanish speaking tour, so if I book will they hold out for 9 more english speakers, or just book me on the spanish tour? Also some excursions are up to 11 hours long. Do they do comfort stops? I am used to cruising with Princess and their excursion details have everything you need to know, which Pullmantur doesn't seem to.

Really looking forward to this cruise, I wonder if anyone on CC will be joining me

Im considering this dates (10/27) as i was going to go with Bobby but it didnt work out on those dates for me, as im also traveling solo. Im also thinking of spending a few days in Barcelona to sitesee & adjust to the time change from NY time. I love to do excursion and learn about the area that im visiting.

Edited by CauseImTheMan
additional text

Sounds a good idea CauseImTheMan to have a few days earlier, there is so much to see in Barcelona. I'm coming in the day before as I have been to Barcelona a few times now. I'm also travelling solo and am looking at the excursion packages at the moment.

hi jeffa I know causeimtheman,he is from bklyn but we cant get our dates lined up ,so im sailing with my sister and he might go on your cruise ,he is a cool guy to pal around with my reveiw of the Zenith wont be posted till you are already on board ,so lets just cruise and be happy .I know I will :cool:

Im considering this dates (10/27) as i was going to go with Bobby but it didnt work out on those dates for me, as im also traveling solo. Im also thinking of spending a few days in Barcelona to sitesee & adjust to the time change from NY time. I love to do excursion and learn about the area that im visiting.

welcome causeimtheman to CC lots of info here for cruisers

Sounds a good idea CauseImTheMan to have a few days earlier, there is so much to see in Barcelona. I'm coming in the day before as I have been to Barcelona a few times now. I'm also travelling solo and am looking at the excursion packages at the moment.

Ive been there before as well once, but its always nice to explore. Im going to Cancun in a few weeks and will decide either while im there or when i return if im going to go on this trip, it does sound nice i love the smaller ports.

When i tried to access the excursion page it said it wasnt available. I like to submerge my into the culture with good tours & excursions. Can you send me a link to it?

I don't know how to send links! When you go to the website go right to the bottom (in the blue area) and click on excursions. Then find the cruise you have picked, put in your cruise locator number and the date, and the excursions will come up. I have to input my info twice before the excursions appear, but that might be because I can only access it through the spanish website. And tonight the website seems to be being particularly unhelpful and erratic!

Excuse the double post, but as I was having trouble booking the excursions I rang my TA and they have booked them by phone for me. I have booked the Pack Conoce which has saved me 51€ over booking them separately, which will pay my taxies from the airport and return. Be aware that the excursion packages are only bookable in advance. I have also been told that my stateroom will be allocated about two weeks before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been informed that the cruise has been cancelled for this date!!!! My TA didn't get the email when it was sent and it was only when I told him this morning that I couldn't see it on Pullmanturs website, that he asked!! I had presumed it had disappeared from the website because it was full. Oh well, he is now trying to get me on the same cruise on 20th instead, which means air and hotel need changing. I am so pleased I used a TA instead of booking direct.

• 2 weeks later...

So, unfortunately this cruise was cancelled. But have you received your refund yet? I requested a refund (instead of one of the alternate cruise options offered). My request was acknowledged within 24 hours. But after 3 weeks, no refund has been posted to my account. Last week, I politely inquired as to the status of the refund, but there was no response. I have sent two follow up emails to the addresses which Pullmantur currently uses, but all have been ignored. This is most uncharacteristic for the company which has always responded within 24 hours to any inquiries I have sent -- until now. I have cruised with them 6 times in the past few years, and have always been satisfied -- with all aspects. But now they owe me 586 euros, they have had three weeks to settle the account, and they are ignoring my inquiries. I'm very concerned...

Did you book direct or withT.A? If via agent ,what have they done? Did you pay via credit card? If so take up a case with them.Politely send another email saying if you don't get a refund within the next 7, days you will start legal proceedings .Sometimes companies are quick to take your money but back bit slow in giving back!

Sorry to hear this js74. I chose to accept one of the other options when this cruise was cancelled and my TA has been dealing with the changeover ever since. On Tuesday he rang Pullmantur while I was in the office and was cut off three times. He explained that different departments deal with different things and that unfortunately they don't seem to tie in with each other. He was trying to get me a refund on a hotel room, so far has had no luck. My suggestion would be the same as ohnonotmeagain's and try your cc company.

I had booked directly with Pullmantur, not through a TA. After six cruises with them, and always booking direct, I had never had a problem, so saw no reason to change. But after this experience with them, I would likely use an agent next time. I do like their cruise experience, but there customer service is fragmented, and different departments may not coordinate well. They recently added a claims department inquiry page to their website, so I sent my issue to them through that and got a polite response within 24 hours. They will likely take 30-45 days to provide the refund. I think that the timing of this cancellation (so close to the sailing date), along with all the options they provided for re-booking and refunds, created a complex situation which they really weren't prepared to deal with. Probably many angry customers too. Those, like me, who opted for the simple refund of cruise fare instead of re-booking and refund of related costs, were probably relegated to the end of the line, so to speak, for processing. I already had plane tickets (one way) plus a hotel the night before, but simply substituted a condo week near Barcelona for the cancelled 7 day cruise. I'm still on an NCL transatlantic after that, as originally planned. And next January, my cruise in Europe will be on MSC. Time to try something new. I'll certainly cruise with Pullmantur again, but it may not be for a couple of years...

Glad you got something rearranged for this week. I am still waiting on the refund of the hotel room and my TA is not going to take my cruise payment until this has been resolved. Getting twitchy now as the date is getting near!