AC temperature on ship

palermo22

I'm asking this question for my wife: we will be taking a Viking cruise on the Orion late November from Bali to Sydney. For those who have taken a hot and muggy climate cruise on Viking - how cold do they keep the public areas of the ship? For me it can never be too cold; however, I have learned that women have a different temperature gauge than men. So for all you women out there - is the ship too cold or just about right in the public areas?

I'm asking this question for my wife: we will be taking a Viking cruise on the Orion late November from Bali to Sydney. For those who have taken a hot and muggy climate cruise on Viking - how cold do they keep the public areas of the ship? For me it can never be too cold; however, I have learned that women have a different temperature gauge than men. So for all you women out there - is the ship too cold or just about right in the public areas?

And different women have different temperature gauges as well, so answers are going to be all over the place.

We were on the Viking Sky in January out of Miami through various ports in Mexico, and it was very hot and muggy in port. The ship was cool, but not miserable. Like your wife, I’m generally cold everywhere. I have sweaters and wraps in every vehicle, my office, etc. Out of habit, I would always take a sweater or wrap with me to dinner, the theatre, the Wintergarden, and other indoor venues. Occasionally, the air would be low enough that I would need to wear it, but more often than not, I found it to be relatively comfortable. Bottom line: Have her take something, but she might find she doesn’t need it as much as she typically does.

We were on the Sky last year in the Caribbean. I, too, am always cold in the air conditioning. The public areas on the Sky were no exception. I took my sweater everywhere, and was happy they had throws in the theater. :hot-beverage:

On the WC I needed a wrap in some places in the dining room other spots it was too warm sometimes. Theatre could be cool. Specialty restaurants were usually cool. Usually the main lobby area AKA living room was perfect. Take a sweater!!!