Land route Copenhagen to Southampton

The taxi rink is actually marked on the map, but say that you want to be droppes off at Oslo Plads just to be sure. 

If the station is still under renovation during your visit there will not be that many entrances. 

But the staircase to track 12 is located on the other side of the street, I believe there is a tunnel under as well but I'm not 100% sure. 

Edited by Danish viking

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that people still follow this thread because I have huuuuge news. 

Its not just a change of train at Nykøbing F. 

Because of track works in preparing for the Fehmarn Bent tunnel the line is closed so you have to take a replacement bus from København H to Nykøbing F from where the train to Hamburg departs. 

Its in Danish but just run it through Google translate. 

https://www.dsb.dk/trafikinformation/andringer-i-trafik-og-drift/andringer-i-trafik-og-drift/191014---ec-busser/

In short they are building the line from Vordingborg to the ferry to double track instead of a single track line as it is today. 

The speed will be upgraded from 120 KM/H to 200 KM/H and they will install wires for electrification. 

A new 4 kilometer long bridge will be build between Masnedø and Falster and 2 smaller bridges will be build between Sjælland and Masnedø and between Falster and Lolland. 

The line between Vordingborg on the southern tip of Sjælland to Ringsted in the middle of Sjælland is already double tracked but here it will also be upgraded to 200 from 160 KM/H and also electrification is installed here. 

So in 2024 or so it should be possible to go from Copenhagen to Ringsted by 250 KM/H and Ringsted to Nykøbing F by 200 KM/H. 

The last part from Nykøbing F to Rødby Færge will first be done in 2029 when the 20 kilometer tunnel to Germany is done. 

In Germany they are most building a new line so traffic here won't be as much disrupted as in Denmark. 

Is only work on the railway line on the Island of Fehmarn and the Fehmarnsund Bridge that will disrupt traffic (unless they build a new bridge).

12 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Because of track works in preparing for the Fehmarn Bent tunnel the line is closed so you have to take a replacement bus from København H to Nykøbing F from where the train to Hamburg departs. 

Thank you for the update - then the connection at 8:20 or 12:20 via Fredericia might be a nettet option - still only one change but avoiding the bus and changes. Those trains will depart from Oesterport.

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date.  I have checked the schedule and see the bus trip that connects to train.  Do they drop you off right by the train?  It looks like an 11 minute transfer to the train (?).   11 minutes to get off the bus, get your luggage, and get to the correct platform in Roedby?

Will this be where the train goes on the ferry? 

I have another question - I will be riding the train from Copenhagen to Hjørring in May. Just checking to see if any track work will affect this route.

Thanks again for your input.

It looks like that the platform at Rødby Færge is just across the street from where the bus parks at Færgestationsvej but since there will be other people going for the train I don´t think you will miss it.

Yes the train will go on the ferry shortly after that.

As far as I can see there is no planned track works on that line to Aalborg/Hjørring.