Fort Lauderdale hotel question

Funbobby68

Hey all , have browsed a bunch of posts, but looking for recommendations for a hotel, with a few restaurant options nearby, that’s decent , but not looking to spend tons since our flight arrives at 5pm and will be sailing out the next day , so really just a place to stay , that’s not a dump .....with maybe just a nice enough area to stroll around after long flight .... port transfer service would also be a plus

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This question is asked and answered at once a day in this forum. Scroll down and you'll see lots of posts with good advice and suggestions.

Roz

Check hotels on & near 17th street.....use google maps. Plenty of restaurants & a few stores within walking distance of most hotels .We have stayed at Extended Stay, Hyatt Place, Renaissance Hotel. We have used priceline once in the past. Call uber/lyft to take you to the port.

We like Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale and have gotten our best rates using

www.valuetrips.com

Their 2019 bookings come out in early September.

Hot breakfast buffet...Shuttle from FLL to their hotel $2.00 per room booked..right next door to the Harbor shopping center with a Publix market, shopping and restaurants (our favorite Duffy's). Hyatt Place is a very popular pre-cruise hotel with many of us.

We liked the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn. It's practically on the beach and has restaurants in walking distance so you can enjoy that nice stroll you mentioned and get something to eat too. It doesn't have a shuttle but it's very close to the port and the front desk agent will call a cab for you when you're ready to go. An additional bonus is the included breakfast, which we thought was pretty decent.

We like Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale and have gotten our best rates using

www.valuetrips.com

Their 2019 bookings come out in early September.

Hot breakfast buffet...Shuttle from FLL to their hotel $2.00 per room booked..right next door to the Harbor shopping center with a Publix market, shopping and restaurants (our favorite Duffy's). Hyatt Place is a very popular pre-cruise hotel with many of us.

Is the breakfast at the Hyatt Place complimentary?

Thanks

I have been looking for the same thing, and found on lastminutetravel.com Wyndham Garden Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruiseport on Federal Hwy for 160.00 per night after taxes for a double room (well, I actually had to book five, hence the need for a good deal). This new hotel had not even opened yet as a couple of weeks ago but was supposed to open the end of August. It looks like they have a restaurant in the hotel? I'm not sure. We get in so late it probably won't be open for us but for the price we are paying, I think we'll just order food in. It seems too good to be true, actually compared to prices at other Fort Lauderdale Hotels in January.

Does Hyatt Place have a shuttle to the port?

Yes they do but I believe it's $10.00pp you must sign up for this when you arrive for your stay at Hyatt Place....an Uber or taxi will be much cheaper...unless there is only one of you traveling.

The shuttle from FLL to Hyatt is only $2.00 per room....a great deal if needed.

Hey all , have browsed a bunch of posts, but looking for recommendations for a hotel, with a few restaurant options nearby, that’s decent , but not looking to spend tons since our flight arrives at 5pm and will be sailing out the next day , so really just a place to stay , that’s not a dump .....with maybe just a nice enough area to stroll around after long flight .... port transfer service would also be a plus

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Rodeo Inn is my recomendation

• 4 weeks later...

We like to stay on the A1A strip. There are many hotels, shopping, and restaurants all within walking distance. Fort Lauderdale also has a little shuttle bus that’s like $1.00 one way per person that you can hop on and off. We have taken that around as well. Be sure and read up on TripAdvisor that area of hotels. Looking at it via google maps will help a lot also. We love being right across from the ocean and having dinner with that view also. Best of luck on your planning. :)

Does anyone have any experience with the date Value Trips might publish rates for January?

In past seasons it has been between September and October of the prior year.

You'll get your room booked there..it's not like their going to fill up being that they haven't released bookings for 2019 yet.

Be patient it'll be worth it.