Parking at NY port

kitkat4622

I just booked a cruise for 2019 out of NY to the Bahamas. Could someone please tell me approximately how long you think it would take to drive from Boston to that port? and if parking is available at the port for the length of the cruise? thank you

I just booked a cruise for 2019 out of NY to the Bahamas. Could someone please tell me approximately how long you think it would take to drive from Boston to that port? and if parking is available at the port for the length of the cruise? thank you

What exact dates is your cruise? Where in Boston are you driving from?

If it's the winter you should have a Plan B in case of bad weather. Come down the day before and stay overnight in Stamford with the option to park at the train station for $12/day, take metro north to Grand Central, and cab to the pier.

I think those coupons for the Gem are no longer accepted.
It is $40 a day ,however,occasionally there are coupons lowering the amount to $28 .

Mjkacmom is correct ...

Currently, roof-top parking above MCT is still $40 for 24 hours, unchanged since 2015-16, which is a "bargain" compared to retail prices in Manhattan, aside from finding those "coupon discount" deals as long as you don't get dinged for oversized/overheight/over-length or over-width and suv/minivan/pickup surcharges :rolleyes:

Coupon offered was specific & valid only for NCL's Gem sailing then, subsequently discontinued & no longer honored since July 2017 ... there's been no confirmed report, that I know of, of it being offered or renewed since then. For those looking & planning ahead for 2019, don't even think about finding something close to $28 per day, all-inclusive with zero surcharges whatsoever.

I've cruised out of Manhattan twice. It's super convenient to park at the pier, and $40 a night for parking is not expensive for Manhattan. What a convenience to know that your car is there and waiting for you when you return from your cruise, and you don't have to schlep luggage across busy highways, into taxis or onto buses or trains. I never self-disembark; just let them take the suitcase the night before, then hang out on the ship until they call my tag color (I travel alone, so nobody to rush me along!) If you can afford it, I highly recommend it. I've even parked there in the dead of winter (February!) and just made sure I had boots and a shovel in the trunk of the car in case of snow.

We are sailing out of NY in March. I downloaded the ParkWhiz app. I was able to find indoor parking that is 11 minutes from the port. It cost $200 for 8 days. I can cancel up till the day parking begins and get a full refund. There will be 4 of us. We are considering a stay and park. It will cost us $450 to stay the night before leaving

(one room two beds) and park there the entire time. The hotel is a $20 UberXL ride to the boat. I called IHG(Holiday Inn) because i have their rewards card. They have 30 hotels within 5 miles of the port. Not all of them have stay and park. I hope this helps. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me a chat. [emoji924][emoji924][emoji924]🥂🥂🥂[emoji267] [emoji267] [emoji267]

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

We just returned Friday from sailing to Bermuda on the Disney Magic. We drove from Central NJ getting on the NJ Turnpike at exit 11 and getting off the NJ Turnpike exit 16 Lincoln Tunnel. Since we drove into NY on a Saturday there was only moderate traffic on the NJTP and when I got to the tunnel I stayed to the left and got into the cars only tunnel.  It was fine. Went to 42nd street and on to 12th avenue and followed signs to the pier 88. Traffic was heavy by the intrepid museum but there were lots of police directing traffic. Drove up the ramp, banged my tire on the concrete but no serious damage, paid the $240 and parked on the pier. All accessible spots were taken so we just drove to the next available spot.  Took our own bags down the elevator and checked two bags. 

On the return we got a porter for our 3 bags and tipped him $10, he took the cart up to the top deck elevator and he waited with DH while I got the car.  It was 9:15 AM on a Friday so I just went to 11th AVE and waited in line with everyone else to get to the Lincoln Tunnel.  As soon as we got on the NJ Turnpike the traffic was light going south.  Wanted to stop at the Carteret rest stop but it was closed. Made it home safely.  Thanks for all the tips on this board.